[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Renaissance: The Masters Series - Hernan Cattaneo, Parallel

Renaissance: The Masters Series - Hernan Cattaneo, Parallel

Review and discuss new non-Trance releases.

Moderator: MODs

Renaissance: The Masters Series - Hernan Cattaneo, Parallel

Postby Fawzi » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Hernan Cattaneo presents another exciting chapter in the Renaissance Masters Series with a brand new approach…

Hernan’s return to the Masters Series in 2010 brings with it an exciting new development. This year the ever-creative South American has slowed things down to present a distinctly cosmic disco-esque take on his inimitable sound.

“I felt it was time we took a fresh direction,” says Hernan, “But, although it was always going to be alternate, I wasn’t sure just what this direction should be. So, I locked myself away and started going through loads of music for inspiration. It wasn’t till I pitched a Henry Saiz track down (and it sounded brilliant) that I hit upon the idea of dropping everything back 15-20 BPMs on the first disc.”

Entitled ‘Day’, disc one is a beautiful, shimmering ride through Cattaneo’s audio world, its musical style the perfect antithesis of two’s club-inspired ‘Night’. But what’s all the more remarkable is how he’s also managed to work five (out of a whopping eleven) original productions, remixes and edits into the mix - no mean feat considering the unique nature of the material. “I know there’s a big debate amongst dance music fans about exclusives on compilations right now, but for me it’s a purely positive objective. Just as with the alternate style of the ‘Day’ mix, it’s another way of distinguishing the album from a live club set, a statement to the fact a lot more effort has gone into the project as whole,” he challenges. “I’ll not deny working outside of the traditional comfort zone of 125 (approx) BPM was easy, but between commissioning tracks from some of my favourite producers / friends, using or adapting my own productions and sourcing some amazing music (like the fantastic Sigur Ros track that closes the ‘Day’ mix – it’s such a great song!), I think it came together really well.”

Although ‘Night’ finds Hernan in more familiar territory, it draws upon the remaining six exclusives to ensure his fresh authorship and feel of the mix continues throughout, and comes backed by tantilising gems from likes of Way Out West, Henry Saiz, Quivver and Tone Depth, to name but a few.

Disc One – Day

1. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile – Indian Son / Slacker – See The World (Hernan’s Dawn Reboot)
2. Marc Marzenit Pres. Divine Elements - Saint Two
3. Hernán Cattáneo & John Tonks - One 0 Five
4. Martin Garcia - Galileo Was Right
5. Martin Garcia - Specific Impulse
6. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile - Blacklight (Day Mix)
7. Múm - The Ballad Of The Broken Birdie Records (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Edit)
8. Mercurio – Acoustic
9. Jean F. Cochois - Like A Poison Snake
10. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile Feat. Tomomi Ukumori - Cripsis (Day mix)
11. Guy J - Dust (Into Dust Mix)
12. Henry Saiz - We are All ( Henry Saiz Earth´s Pulse Version)
13. Idioma - Landscape (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Rework)
14. Mercurio – Beautiful
15. Sigur Ros - Svefn-G-Englar

Disc Two – Night

1. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile - Blacklight (Night mix)
2. Hernán Cattáneo & John Tonks - July (Manuel Sofia Remix)
3. Way Out West – Ultra Violet (Guy J Remix)
4. Tone Depth – Rumblefish (Diyo Remix)
5. Henry Saiz –The Rider
6. Tonnsaied - Seven Seventy
7. Alex.47 - Eggsperience (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Mix 1)
8. Alex.47 - Eggsperience (Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile Mix 2)
9. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile - Cripsis (Night Mix)
10. Fefo & Dario Arcas - Take Me Away
11. Billy Dalessandro - Your Touch (Alexander Kowalski Remix)
12. Future Beat Alliance - Crying Sine
13. Quivver - Boom Boom
14. Hernán Cattáneo & Soundexile – Teleport
15. Manuel Sofia - An Endless Forest
16. Diyo – Underlight

Source:

This album really was a breath of fresh air for me! I've been yearning for new music, for something that I haven't listened to for a while, and expectations were high for this album, and the reviews after it came out were unanimously positive, so I thought I'd give it a try, and I loved it!
Although I'm not a hardcore progressive house fan, I do like the music and lately, with a few exceptions, I haven't been that pleased... Until I listened to that album! A must-hear for anyone!
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Re: Renaissance: The Masters Series - Hernan Cattaneo, Paral

Postby Fawzi » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:48 pm

For as long as I can remember, Renaissance have been driving the Dance Compilation market with exceptional, quality productions and this latest offering is no exception. The Master Series with Hernan Cattaneo - Parallel propels the compilation market to a whole new level.
The ethos behind Hernan's CD1 entitled, "Day" track selection was simple, keep it full of house grooves but bring the tempo right down to around the 105 BPM mark. Not easy but the mix keeps all of the same common denominators of his typical music approach and gives the CD an even more intense, cinematic feel. Artists such as Henry Saiz, Guy J, Soundexile, John Tonks and Martin Garcia all grace this beautifully constructed mix; Hernan went for some of his most trusted working partners in the studio to bring us a Day mix that's filled with mystical moodiness, slow deep bass-lines and a feeling you only find when you're sat on the beach at Bora, Bora drinking mojito's before shooting off the Pacha for the evenings music fest. Compiling a CD at this speed is a calculated risk, one that in my eyes pays off no end. Full of sonic grace, CD1 "Day" will tick all the right boxes during the day or even into the early, evening hours. Put simply, a masterpiece.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that CD2 entitled, "Night" is somewhat faster than its little brother. With a lot to live up too I sat in my studio full of nervous excitement. The track-list looks good on paper with Quivver, Way Out West, Tone Depth, Future Beat Alliance all contributing to an all together different sonic experience, I'm already sold. Night kicks right off with one of Hernan's classic sounding tracks entitled Blacklight around 125BPM and quickly begins to excite with up-tempo grooves and euphoric samples that drift in and out. This is the Hernan we've all come to know and love over the years, the mix quickly gathers pace but keeps that distinctive dreamscape feel. Henry Saiz's - The Rider has a bass-line to die for, the production every track is very well done and Hernans weaves his web beautifully.
If you're not a big fan of Progressive House then I advise you to listen to this compilation and I challenge to tell me you didn't enjoy it. Two beautiful CD's that have a place in your music collection, Renaissance made the right move by inviting Hernan Cattaneo for another crack at the The Masters Series whip. Hernan Catteneo - Parallel guts a huge thumbs up from us.

365Mag Reviewer: Craig Neeld (UK)

Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 am

Got Me Interested Over Here Bro.! :D
Parallel Crossed me before but didn't check it for real..
so now i'll try to get my hands over this one.
thanks for the review :)
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:25 am

I wasn't a fan of Cattaneno in the past by the direction he's been taking with his music lately is totally down my line of taste! His live set in Beirut felt like I was listening to my own show, and looking at the tracklist here I see a few tracks I've already supported and a lot of names I always support. Glad you liked it dude and thanks for the review!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Fawzi » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

If Martin Garcia's two tracks are released in the same EP (Galileo Was Right/Specific Impulse), it would easily be the best EP of the year.
Specific Impulse just blew my brains out.
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Return to Other EDM Releases