[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Johnny D - Requiem Of A Dream EP

Johnny D - Requiem Of A Dream EP

Review and discuss new non-Trance releases.

Moderator: MODs

Johnny D - Requiem Of A Dream EP

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Johannes Debese A.K.A ‘Johnny D’ is back with a scorcher of an EP released on 8bit label. After a quite lengthy absence, since his ‘Disco Invaders - Cocoon Ibiza Summer Mix’ and his Oslo records days, the minimal freak from Eritrea is back with a bang.

His new EP ‘Requiem Of A Dream’ boasts two wonderful tracks. The first track, ‘Requiem of a Dream’, is a musical masterpiece in its own right. The track kicks off with a low frequency kick and a low violin sound building up from the background. Then some african tribal voices start to kick in adding a wonderful touch to this already tribal percussion inspired minimal track. Around the 2 minute mark, a wonderfully worked bassline enters and mixes extremely well with the hi-hat elements of the track. The track keeps the same progressive momentum for a while before an even more orchestral violin sound kicks in, while keeping the same elements of track all throughout. The track builds energy till around the 5.30 minute mark, as Johnny D starts the process of slowly taking some of the energy of track away, but he does it in an unpreciptable manner. 8 minutes of total minimal pleasure!

The second track, ‘Scope of mind’, kicks off on a relatively higher bassline note, but the end product is very similar. A track that defines everthing minimal, unlike alot of the so called ‘minimal’ tracks out in the market these days. ‘Scope of Mind’ appears to be Johnny D’s refutation to the degradation engulfing the minimal techno scene these days, and he does it in a typical techno fashion throughout this EP!

A harmonious mixture of precussion, orchestral sounds, wonderful synth work and great basslines is the best way to describe this wonder EP. And with the likes of Nick Curly, Ricardo Villalobos and Loco Dice to name but a few already supporting this EP, it seems like we will be hearing the name Johnny D much more often in weeks to come!

Tracklisting:

a1 - Requiem of a Dream 08:11
b2 - Scope of Mind 06:42

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nesta » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Amazing tech/deep house producer !!!
"Underground is where we live... "

Beirut In the Mix
T: + 961 3 734572
E: nabih@beirutinthemix.com
W: www.beirutinthemix.com
My Space: www.myspace.com/roninandnesta
You Tube: www.youtube.com/roninandnesta

NRJ Mastermix with Nesta every Friday @ 10 PM !
Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Proof » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:01 am

Supporting "Scope of Mind".
Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby mzy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:08 am

^ also supporting Scope Of Mind !
Eritrea ? cool ^^
Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 am

Eritrean music revolution has been sparked!

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby JAD » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Lovely lovely release!

Keep em comin from Kay-Ville ;)
JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby Raneem » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:20 pm

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Raneem » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Proof » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Raneem, there are tracks that you like and that you don't like. Either you feel the vibe or you don't. It might take you a while or it might never come by either.

As Kay said, you need to be in the right frame of mind. Probably once you just play a 'techno / deep house' kind of set while you're doing some work ... you'll start to feel something (maybe).
Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby lebanese_raver » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Both tracks are great! But i really do prefer Requiem of a Dream, I love the flow of the track! Just lovely.
lebanese_raver
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:22 am

Proof I guess some things just never change :P Its just not his sound I guess. And thats cool, not everyone is compelled to like this low frequency low element ADD inspired music genre that some of us are into !

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby JAD » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:58 pm

JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby Raneem » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:17 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 am

I checked the production I wouldn't tag Requiem Of A Dream as boring...more like repetitive...and let's face it at some point in the track you hear "tokhbis"...lots of instrument and melodies are combined together without much of a purpose...it's a good tune for the beginning of the night or when you have a drink...but it's definitely not my cup of tea...lacks some edge...

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Next

Return to Other EDM Releases