[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Global Underground 035: Lima - Mixed by Nick Warren

Global Underground 035: Lima - Mixed by Nick Warren

Review and discuss new non-Trance releases.

Moderator: MODs

Global Underground 035: Lima - Mixed by Nick Warren

Postby Shy--Ism » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:32 am

Artist: Nick Warren.
Title: GU035 LIMA.
Label: Global Underground.
Genre: Progressive House, Minimal/Techno, Breaks, Ambient, Downtempo, Electronica.

In 1996, Global Underground saw its first lights with Tony De Vit’s subliminal release, and the whole series kept on coming with a list of gorgeous albums throughout the years. Nick Warren is definitely not a stranger to that list : already having 7 compiled mixes in different regions, Nickster strikes again with a new GU35 recorded in Lima and inspired by the Peruvian capital.
The new album consists of a double compact disk format featuring various artists/producers and mixing several elements into a whole special journey.

The first compact disk starts quietly with a nice chilling tune warming up as one beautiful ambient intro. Things get started with Nürnberg’s overwhelming techno beats representing quite of an unexpected twist at the beginning. And nothing sounded uncanny but the girl’s laughter in the middle of Kruse & Nürnberg original housy track. Things get groovier with the flow of the tracks unified in a so classy way.
The original of Glide – Cassini carries on the voyage with a sensual melodious background yet always staying on the darker side, especially with a chic-bleepy follow up coming from Buenos Aires with the talented female Victoria R. The style remains as sophisticated as it is, arriving at Surface, a really brilliant tune to hit the scene with its superb deep elements, progressive flavor and magnificent harmony (A+ production). Finalizing stuff, 16 Bit Lolitas’ mix ends the journey of the first CD with an expressive track, somehow poignant with those smooth piano riffs.
The second compact disk continues the trip by compiling another rich track-list, in some way different yet always remaining in a common frame. A fine track to kick off with is Long Beach, solid sounds and steady beats, completely shifting in an astounding technique to some serious bleep and bloops in Etiket – Revelation and Panama, an obvious Yvel & Tristan hit; both are superb productions!
With more delightful streaming, basslines appear to be apparent attaining its different levels with each second passing by. Some fashionable nostalgia in Moloko Plus’s elegant music, making its all the way to involve some nice guitar riffs in a groovy atmosphere in Castillian. Further more, newer beats are mixed up and a unique ambiance is created in Siberian Transit. It is also very noticeable that with Warren, diversity played a big role in the making of this GU, as additional rhythmic vocals showed up in Sinner on a side (Leama's usual touch), Nick Warren & Jody Wisternoff (aka Way Out West) pull it completely off with Spaceman darkening the mood and turning the music into an edgier character on the other side. Short-cut or brief melodies played an efficient role in this compilation as in Before the Wind, especially to give birth to the finale of the second mix, offering Bosworth the opportunity to lay its lengthy soft breakdown and minimalistic vibes.

After the success of GU030 Paris, this happens to be the 8th release coming from Nick Warren on Global Undergound’s imprint. And this compilation is definitely another admirable mix to add to my GU collection series. Mixing sounded so good and cohesive, vibes were quite easily transmitted. Nick Warren did it again in my opinion. Makes me feel like playing it over and over again. Loved it to bits, awesome release. CLASS !!!

Video: http://www.globalunderground.co.uk/gu35/video.html

CD1
01 Paul Rogers - Lima Luna (Intro)
02 Nils Nürnberg - Seduction
03 Kruse & Nürnberg - An Why E
04 Jairus Miller - Botnet
05 Babak Shayan - One In A Million
06 Ormatie - Twisted Turns
07 Glide - Cassini
08 Victoria R - Beauty Goes Blind
09 Petersky - Kurs Zjazdowy
10 Michael Burns Pres. Panoptic - Surface
11 Yura Popov - Help
12 Stan Kolev - Soma Funk (Yvel & Tristan Remix)
13 Astrid Suryanto - Distant Bar (16 Bit Lolitas Mix)

CD2
01 Alex Dolby - Long Beach
02 Etiket - Revelation
03 Yvel & Tristan Feat. Chriss Of The Quasar - Panama
04 Bypass FX - I Am Trying
05 Richard Gale - Moloko Plus
06 Somnus Corporation - Expo 86
07 Thomas Sagstad - Castillian
08 Martin Brodin Siberian - Transit
09 The Steals Vs Grafiti - Sinner (Leama & James Davis 'Grafiti' Mix)
10 Way Out West - Spaceman (Robert Babicz Remix)
11 Analog People In A Digital World - Before The Wind
12 Perc - Bosworth
Last edited by Shy--Ism on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Aaaaaahhhhh!!! I'm still not over Shanghai! lol

I'm buying this today. Just hope Irish record shops would have it out on shelves. Fucking bone-heads in this country listen to nothing but Kings of Leon. Musical primitivity doesn't get any worse than it does in Ireland.

I'll be back to this topic soon enough!

GU035 limited edition; here I come!!
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:06 pm

I can firmly say that I enjoyed this GU installment more than Invol2ver or Digweed's Transitions, the 2 albums that got to me that year...

The Warren touch is undeniable on this GU...

Album of the year?? I think so...

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:25 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby paulj419 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:40 am

paulj419
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Genesis » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 am

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Genesis » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby TranceFusion » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:09 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:14 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DiabloK » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:45 pm

DiabloK
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:07 pm

loved it..
naturally Artificial!