[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Hello

Hello

Welcome to TranceHits.com! Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Moderator: MODs

Hello

Postby haroon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 am

Hi everyone, I've been visiting trancehits on and off since the past few years. I was a member earlier, got introduced to this site by my friend Bassel (Bxtreme). This is a new account now, so I think it would be better to intro myself again.

My name is Haroon and I'm a Business Administration student (final year) at the American University of Sharjah. I've been living all my life in Dubai but I'm originally from Kerala, India. Music has been a journey for me, through a lot of genres. It all began in 1995 when I was 12 yrs old. I was browsing through a music store (one of my first times in a music store) and came across an interesting album cover. I took it and rushed to the counter to listen to it. It was one of a kind... just like its album cover. I was surprised to hear the sounds, the beats, bass and rhythm and i hadn't heard anything like it before. It was The Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation. That's the first album I bought and I was hooked to it, I listened to it everyday, all the time.

The journey began with The Prodigy and my quest for similar artists. That's when i discovered again in stores - The chemical brothers, leftfield, meat beat manifesto, massive attack, fatboy slim, BT, apollo 440, crystal method, speedy j (a shocking hobby), propellerheads etc.. Clearly that was the genre that i loved. But eventually, through friends i got exposed to metal. That was the 2nd phase, for over a year or more I was hooked to metal. From metal I discovered RnB, although i enjoyed it for some time, I got put off by its corny lyrics.

From RnB, I got into trance. This is the next major phase in the journey since I had discovered The Prodigy. Armin, PVD, Gareth Emery, Oceanlab, A&B.. they were amazing. I joined trancehits during this phase, and I loved this site. It gave me a lot of amazing tracks and reviews. From then on.. i was slowly developing an ear to a genre, which i got exposed to even before loving melodic trance and joining trancehits. That genre began with Psycho by Infected Mushroom.

During my trancehits and melodic, vocal trance phase, i began listening to a lot of genres such as drum n bass, ambient, speed garage, hardtrance. Slowly i got out of prog, melodic trance into house music.. trance seemed too repetitive for me.. I began skipping the tracks to get to the best parts. The tracks were too long and this got me impatient. Although andy moor etc brought out beautiful tunes, i wished they had made the tracks more exciting. House music also had the same fate eventually.

Psychedelic trance went full on from this point. Started with Skazi - Vampire, Paranormal Attack - Yakuza (remix) as some of my initial favorites, I began spending hours searching for tracks in psyshop.com. Psy had no stop.. from bliss, painkiller, duvdev, sirius isness,infected m, eskimo to electrosun, beathackers, vibe tribe. It was brilliant! I couldn't listen to other genres, this was the best genre I had heard. The structure, the melody, the bassline, energy couldn't be matched with anything else.

My ears got tuned to music better with psy trance.. i developed a passion for appreciating the music structure and dynamics. From psy trance i got into classical music - instrumental, indian classical carnatic music, tabla, violin, sitar etc..

I got out of the psytrance-only phase... now I appreciate any genre.. I listen to anything and everything that is made well and sounds good.

Since 1999 i have also been producing tracks, mostly experimental.. recently took up some music production courses and i learned how to get sounds arranged in a better, more professional way (i still need to learn a lot). I have been posting some tracks on TH studio.. with the recent post titled Haroon - Track 2. I shall upload track 1 and 3 again, so those who hadn't listened to the tracks can check them out.

My inspirations in Music - Indian music composer AR Rahman and Liam Howlett from The Prodigy. My Hobbies - Music production, Forex trading, long drives, trekking mountains and forests, travelling.

It was nice writing this down.. was nostalgic, didn't feel the time fly at all :) Hopefully, i'll get familiar with the members more and i'll be posting in TH studio often. And to the members I know from before - Genesis, Psychogenesis and Bxtreme, my regards.

Cheers,
Haroon
Dubai
haroon
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby crow » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Aaaahhh, a psyhead has joined us!!

Could you remind me what was your old username? It'd be much easier to track you down that way.
Unfortunately, Bassel and Psychogenesis are not as active in the forum as they used to be but there's a few more that have joined and stick a neck out regularly.

Anyhow, welcome aboard!
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby DonSerj » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Welcome man ! :)
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby haroon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Last edited by haroon on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
haroon
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Proof » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby samer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby lebanese_raver » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:13 am

Nice intro! welcome 2 the forum again! will check out the tracks you post.
lebanese_raver
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Proof » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:28 am

Releases:
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby haroon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanx Proof, Samer, Lebanese_raver

Praveen, what course did you take in chennai? Were you in SAE?
haroon
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Proof » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Releases:
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Re: Hello

Postby durga » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks, everyone. This is exactly what we're looking for.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
durga
New Trancer
New Trancer

Return to New Members