[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - OSCARS 2010

OSCARS 2010

Everything related to movies and cinemas.

Moderator: MODs

OSCARS 2010

Postby ziz00_909 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:31 am

Best Picture
'Avatar'
'The Blind Side'
'District 9'
'An Education'
'The Hurt Locker' Winner
'Inglourious Basterds'
'Precious'
'A Serious Man'
'Up'
'Up in the Air'

Best Director
Kathryn Bigelow - 'The Hurt Locker' Winner
James Cameron - 'Avatar'
Lee Daniels - 'Precious'
Jason Reitman - 'Up in the Air'
Quentin Tarantino - 'Inglourious Basterds'

Best Actress
Sandra Bullock -'The Blind Side' Winner
Helen Mirren - 'The Last Station'
Carey Mulligan - 'An Education'
Gabourey Sidibe - 'Precious'
Meryl Streep - 'Julie & Julia'

Best Actor
Jeff Bridges - 'Crazy Heart' Winner
George Clooney - 'Up in the Air'
Colin Firth - 'A Single Man'
Morgan Freeman - 'Invictus'
Jeremy Renner - 'The Hurt Locker'

Best Foreign Language Film
'Ajami' Israel
'El Secreto de Sus Ojos' Argentina Winner
'The Milk of Sorrow' Peru
'Un Prophète' France

Best Film Editing
'Avatar' Stephen Rivkin, John Refoua and James Cameron
'District 9' Julian Clarke
'The Hurt Locker' Bob Murawski and Chris Innis Winner
'Inglourious Basterds' Sally Menke
'Precious' Joe Klotz

Best Documentary Feature
'Burma VJ'
'The Cove' Winner
'Food, Inc.'
'The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers'
'Which Way Home'

Best Visual Effects
'Avatar' Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones Winner
'District 9' Dan Kaufman, Peter Muyzers, Robert Habros and Matt Aitken
'Star Trek' Roger Guyett, Russell Earl, Paul Kavanagh and Burt Dalton

Best Original Score
'Avatar' James Horner
'Fantastic Mr. Fox' Alexandre Desplat
'The Hurt Locker' Marco Beltrami and Buck Sanders
'Sherlock Holmes' Hans Zimmer
'Up' Michael Giacchino Winner

Best Cinematography
'Avatar' Mauro Fiore Winner
'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' Bruno Delbonnel
'The Hurt Locker' Barry Ackroyd
'Inglourious Basterds' Robert Richardson
'The White Ribbon' Christian Berger

Best Sound Mixing
'Avatar' Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers, Andy Nelson and Tony Johnson
'The Hurt Locker' Paul N.J. Ottosson and Ray Beckett Winner
'Inglourious Basterds' Michael Minkler, Tony Lamberti and Mark Ulano
'Star Trek' Anna Behlmer, Andy Nelson and Peter J. Devlin
'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' Greg P. Russell, Gary Summers and Geoffrey Patterson

Best Sound Editing
'Avatar' Christopher Boyes and Gwendolyn Yates Whittle
'The Hurt Locker' Paul N.J. Ottosson Winner
'Inglourious Basterds' Wylie Stateman
'Star Trek' Mark Stoeckinger and Alan Rankin
'Up' Michael Silvers and Tom Myers

Best Costume Design
'Bright Star' Janet Patterson
'Coco Before Chanel' Catherine Leterrier
'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' Monique Prudhomme
'Nine' Colleen Atwood
'The Young Victoria' Sandy Powell Winner

Best Art Direction
'Avatar' Art Direction: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Kim Sinclair Winner
'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' Art Direction: Dave Warren and Anastasia Masaro; Set Decoration: Caroline Smith
'Nine' Art Direction: John Myhre; Set Decoration: Gordon Sim
'Sherlock Holmes' Art Direction: Sarah Greenwood; Set Decoration: Katie Spencer
'The Young Victoria' Art Direction: Patrice Vermette; Set Decoration: Maggie Gray

Best Supporting Actress
Penelope Cruz - 'Nine'
Vera Farmiga - 'Up in the Air'
Maggie Gyllenhaal - 'Crazy Heart'
Anna Kendrick - 'Up in the Air'
Mo'nique - 'Precious' Winner

Best Adapted Screenplay
Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell 'District 9'
Nick Hornby 'An Education'
Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, Tony Roche 'In the Loop'
Geoffrey Fletcher 'Precious' Winner
Jason Reitman, Sheldon Turner 'Up in the Air'

Best Makeup
'Il Divo' Aldo Signoretti and Vittorio Sodano
'Star Trek' Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlow Winner
'The Young Victoria' Jon Henry Gordon and Jenny Shircore

Best Animated Feature Film
'Coraline'
'Fantastic Mr. Fox'
'The Princess and the Frog'
'The Secret of Kells'
'Up' Winner

Best Supporting Actor
Matt Damon - 'Invictus'
Woody Harrelson - 'The Messenger'
Christopher Plummer - 'The Last Station'
Stanley Tucci - 'The Lovely Bones'
Christoph Waltz - 'Inglourious Basterds' Winner

6 Oscars For "The Hurt Locker".. with it's Director : "Katheryn Bigelow" 1st Woman to Win the "Best Director" Award.. and happens to be James Cameron's Ex-Wife..

-------
Personally I found that the academy didn't treat "James Cameron" nor "Avatar" Fairly.. :(
C'moon the Movie Made Over 2.5 Billion$ in 2 months.. :roll:
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Re: OSCARS 2010

Postby Genesis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 am

Wahahahaha.. piss off Avatar!!!

That film's story is so flawed and unoriginal, it's actually laughable.

Sorry Zizo, a record-breaking movie in production cost and profit doesn't always mean quality - we live in a period of extensive CGI abuse and young people love that...That's why it made so much money. Profits from hype rather than content.
Revenge of the Fallen was shit, but I loved it because it was just like the Die Hard perspective: all-out explosive, a bit of humour, stupid, invincible protagonists which is laughable in its own idiotic stance.

I thought that Avatar's story was very flawed and failed to keep me interested... I kept picturing Baba Sanfour in my head...
It was as a piss-off as Titanic...

I just think that Cameron actually over did it with Avatar.

And it's not like Avatar lost the awards to some Jennifer-Aniston-is-pushing-40-but-still-single-and-lonely rubbish chick romantic "comedy"..
It's lost to a superb film like The Hurt Locker so I think it's fair.

Just my opinion... I just haven't forgiven Cameron for shit-face Titanic and I find it difficult to let go of the grudge :p
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby TranceFusion » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:13 am

IMO The Hurt Locker is just yet another movie about Irak. Nothing new about it, nothing WOW about it. On the other hand a new technology was used in Avatar and i also think that Zoe Saldana should have been at least nominated because she played her role very well in that movie.

I'm disappointed but anyway Cameron doesn't need to win an Oscar. His filmography and reputation are enough to consider him one of the best ever. He's like Ed Harris, deserves to win but doesn't.
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby ziz00_909 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 pm

All i wanted to say is that Cameron deserved the oscar more than Kathryn :) totally agree about Christopher Waltz, he played very well!
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby samer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm

actually movies are pretty much like music where not necessarily the most popular is the best and def. vice versa!
AVATAR is a great movie indeed! loved the 3D animation but honestly i wasnt wowed at the technology! i dunno why everyone is saying that it's revolutionary! it's great and took lots of work but didnt actually introduce any NEW concepts! 3D been there for a while now.. it's not like MATRIX or most notably STARWARS movies! these are specimens for REVOLUTIONARY technology in film making!
anyway cant really say if it was fair enough for HURT LOCKER to win the oscar since i didnt see all the movies but as i said earlier not necessarily the best picture always wins, after all it's all a matter of popularity and voting!

gotta admit though, i think Christoph Waltz's performance surely deserves an Oscar regardless of the competition. Also i thought Inglorious Basterds would pick an Oscar at minimum.. oh well!..

Sandra Bullock is just awesome! :mrgreen:
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Return to Movies