[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Avatar

Everything related to movies and cinemas.

Moderator: MODs

Postby Qulture » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Director : James Cameron

Cast : Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez .

Release Date : December 18th , 2009

Duration : Approximately 3 hours .

Available in 3D .

www.avatarmovie.com

What a unique and refreshing movie !! I watched it last night , and it seriously is one of the most original and well done movies i have seen in a very long time !! James Cameron is a genuis !! How he came up with this idea is beyond me , and it took him 13 years to complete this movie !! It cost around 310 Million Dollars.

Kudos !!! Go watch it , you wont regret it !!
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Re: Avatar

Postby Nicktalopia » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:04 pm

I should be seeing it soon.
Seems like a great movie, thankfully it stole the foolish twilight mania.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby crow » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:29 am

Man I have been hearing tons of people talk about this movie. They say it is one of the best movies of 2009! I have not been to the cinema in around 2 years now. I consider it a waste of my time which I can spend doing something else, though I will surely check this movie out.

Thanks for the info :)
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:05 am

the technology and look of the movie is unbelievable. The story line is UTTER GARBAGE!!!!!!! a 3yr old could've written a better script.
If I see it again, I'd like it on mute and have my ipod in my ears instead
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby tarantula » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:57 am

Saw it on the release date, the script reminded me of Pocahontas :? but definitely a great movie to watch with such direction and graphics even though i had some pain in the ass and eyes for sitting 3 hours with the 3D glasses on
tarantula
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby crow » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:07 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Qulture » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Lol ... !!

Tears started coming down my eyes , after the 2nd hour ... !!

Bronko ... you really thought the script was garbage ?? I thought it was ok ... and the attention to detail is mesmirizing !
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

saw it in 3d last weekend, CRAP. I mean it does wow you to a certain extent, the money put into it is plain ridiculous, but yea as bronks said the story line is juvenile.

Warning: you might start seeing blue people as you exit the theater, this is a normal side effect, dont be alarmed.
Warning2: Don't watch this movie when your high, it will seriously mess you up.

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:24 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TRANCED » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:26 am

"I was lucky to see Avatar at a pre-screening a few hours ago. It completely blew me and the whole room away and i dare to say it will do so to 80% of any audience anywhere. The remaining 20%, who always finds something to complain about, will whine about character development, dialog, story or the pop-corn.

Well, let me tell you: they went to this movie with the wrong expectations.

You have most likely met Cameron's previous work(s): Aliens, Terminator 1 & 2, The Abyss, Titanic (!), just to name a few.

So WHAT should you expect from Avatar??? MORE of the same!!! More of revolutionary film-making, more of grandiose new ideas, more of never-before-seen special effects, more of 150 minutes without relapsing, more of the James Cameron genius...

I am very happy that the trailers didn't give the full story away. Lots of emotions are waiting for the viewer, laughter and tears also. Cameron was very smart keeping the teasers as teasers, nothing more... as the full movie will take your breath away.

You will practically not notice that you are watching a non-existing world, it is sooo real. Attention to detail is superb. You computer geeks will know what I am talking about. This move was not rushed in the making. No wonder it could not have been done before - not having the proper computing power.

The wild life, the jungle, the animals, the Na'vi-s, or the dragon-like flying creatures are all so life-like, they almost pop-off the screen (and in 3D they actually do :) .

The sound effects were so well done, that when I saw at the credits that Skywalker Sound was behind it, i could only think of "yessss... now THAT makes sense." Cameron is a visionaire - and again, he delivers, with full blast.

A certain character says in the movie that Pandora (the planet where the story takes place) became his real world. My advice to you: let Pandora become YOUR real world for two and a half hours, let it make you completely forget about your life and problems, let it entertain you, move you, let it carry you away.

Because THAT is what i expect as an exchange for my ticket.

And a few hours ago i got tens of tickets worth of that.
"

source: www.imdb.com
rating of the movie: 8.9/10
[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:15 am

One of the WINS of the movie is the legend Sigourney Weaver, she played her role spot on as always.

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Shy--Ism » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:58 pm

My friends have been talking non-stop about this movie. As I've also heard about a corny story line behind the making, but very well transmitted from a Sci-Fi angle. I second Nick though, some people are finally over the Twilight saga trend.
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby TranceFusion » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 pm

I watched it yesterday and we chose the non-3D version. This movie is definitely one of the very best this year!! Pandora looks so real and so beautiful!! <3 The Na'vis are also a beautiful species!i| I loved the story as well :) glad to see the cruel humans defeated for once! :lol:
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:48 am

Watched The Movie..for the 2nd time in 3 days!! this time 3D :D

Got to Say..that I loved the role performed bye Zoe Saldana as "Neytiri" :shock: ... what a powerful act from her part.. one of the best i've seen in a lot of times.. Respect for her effort: must get an award for this Role.. :D
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby azzurri10 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:35 am

caught the movie yesterday. I have to say that I did have a doubt or two about whether it'd live up to the hype, but it came through big time! It was a pretty wicked movie. I'm actually willing to go watch it again.
azzurri10
New Trancer
New Trancer

Return to Movies