[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Karlovy Vary 41st International Film Festival

Karlovy Vary 41st International Film Festival

Everything related to movies and cinemas.

Moderator: MODs

Karlovy Vary 41st International Film Festival

Postby s u h a » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:55 pm

So how lucky am I to witness a film festival in a country that I'm visiting? Haha this is actually the first FF I attend to, so I'm uber psyched to suggest some interesting flicks to you!

Aislados (2005)
English Title: Isolated
Runtime: 83 minutes
Language: Spanish
Genre: Comedy
Directed by David Marques
My rating: 8.5/10

Twentysomethings Adria and Kique shoot the breeze at a hilltop villa in Ibiza, reminiscing over video games, sex, politics, culture, and WHATEVER! Natural, universally hilarious, and it binds a couple of cinematic tricks- color, sound, and cinematography are rather impressive.
This automatically made it to my top ten list of movies ever!

Offside (2006)
Runtime: 88 minutes
Language: Farsi
Genre: Comedy
Directed by: Jafar Panahi
My rating: 7/10

Several young Iranian women dress as boys and try to get into a World Cup qualifying match between Iran and Bahrain. When they're caught, they're penned in an area where the match remains within earshot, but out of sight. The prisoners plead to be let go, but rules are rules. It ends beautifully.

Puccini For Beginners
Runtime: 81 minutes
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Directed by: Maria Maggenti
My rating: 6.5/10

A sophistocated, wacky sex comedy of a lesbian film. Reminiscent of Woody Allen's hectice cinematic pace, Puccini for Beginners witnesses lovers, ex-lovers, and ex-friends all clash in cosmopolitain New York.
"Without sound, vibration and deep aesoteric musical meanderings, my universe is not." JAFAR
s u h a
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Moudy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:41 am

House Music Washes Away From The Soul The Dust of Everyday Life
♫ 124 ~ 128 ♫

djmoudy@hotmail.com
www.myspace.com/djmoudy
www.cloud9beirut.com Every Friday & Saturday [ Resident DJ ]
Moudy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Re: Karlovy Vary 41st International Film Festival

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:10 am

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby s u h a » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Bubu I gave it a mere 7 for a number of reasons... One of which is the blatant monotone rythm belting the film... Plotwise, beautiful... But the acting, among other things (space?) could definitely be worked on... In all cases, I could definitely relate... I was swept away by the ending

Oh and I just met the director and lead actor of Aislados, the first film on the list Ive mentioned... Hahaha fucking hilarious guys... If interested, check out www.aislados.com
"Without sound, vibration and deep aesoteric musical meanderings, my universe is not." JAFAR
s u h a
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Return to Movies