[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Serato anyone??

Serato anyone??

Everything related to computer hardware, software, internet and webdesign.

Moderator: MODs

Serato anyone??

Postby A-Cube » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Hey peeps, just wanted to dish a little idea out there. I'm thinking of investing in a Serato console and 2 vinyl turntables (mix it up with some old and new material). The excuse is to get the hang of vinyls a little bit more and look up this software market. I just need to know if anyone has already tested it, how reliable it is and what are the requirements software and hardware-wise.

Grazie

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: Serato anyone??

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Another one bites the dust! Never too late to get into the vibe though.

Two years since they partnered with Ableton, the only real product the partnership offered is 'The Bridge' which is pretty nifty and allows producers and djs to use ableton's multi track through serato, but its nothing like initial epic predictions everyone though off. The main product that Serato offer is Scratch Live, which when coupled with Rane's hardware produces awesome setups.

You should also look into Traktor Scratch Pro, which is somehow cheaper than Serato. It's all subjective, I personally prefer Traktor any day, its seemless integration with my music library is awesome. I've already ordered Kontrol X1, and coupled with Audio 4 will produce unlimited possibilities!

You need to see what you want out of a software and see what you demand as a DJ, vinyl might not be the answer. :)

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Yeah well, if I just want a reliable software to have my library straight on vinyl, Traktor is a better alternative?

I do not care about bootleging or working live on tracks, I just want something that can avoid me owning a substantial vinyl library to be able to play on turntables. Thanks Kay for the info, I'll look into it very soon.

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby samer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:08 pm

why vinyl.. why?!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby crow » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Before anything, do you have a laptop that is powerful enough to withstand any of the software mentioned above? It's not just plug and play. There's importing your library, analyzing your music, and all that stuff.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to Multimedia