[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Blue screen on Mac?

Blue screen on Mac?

Everything related to computer hardware, software, internet and webdesign.

Moderator: MODs

Blue screen on Mac?

Postby TranceFusion » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Hey! Here's the thingie, Mads Kiholm wrote to me on Facebook this:
"My macbook suddenly stucked, then I decided to restart it, but all I got was a blue screen. After a while a question mark came up and I read on google that it's also known as "the question mark of death"and there is probably no chance to get my data back. I went to an Apple store in Rotterdam yesterday and they are going to repair it. Probably around 250 € and have to wait around 2 - 3 weeks. It's quite disturbing, but I might have a chance to back up a little with some recovery data (have to do it myself. They charge at least 160 € without any garantie that I will get any of my data back :S)."

So by curiosity i thought of asking the Mac experts on TH about this. What could be the cause, the consequences and if it can be repaired without any loss of data?
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby samer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:50 pm

am no MAC expert.. but whatever the problem with booting up, data recovery is always achievable with the right tools (and money in case of MAC!)

on a side note, for all of the ones still in favor of MAC.. wait till the multimedia applications start hitting with the reign of intel.., the days of stability would be soon over!!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby crow » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:27 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Nicoco » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere
Nicoco
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:22 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:21 am

Sorry, I've no idea. Never heard of this before.

Crow, shut up. lol
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby System.S » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:29 pm

The blue screen is no big deal and for the records this error is not caused by the OS or the machine, its caused by corrupted fonts (that the user downloads) or applications.

That is why they are charging you btw buddy, because its something you did to the system and so they do not cover such things.

What cause this problem is usually 2 main things: Corrupted fonts and Miss placed files within the applications folder or system library.

They are several ways to fix both of these issues, step by step assistance is available on the Apple site: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1411#symp1

OS X is VERY stable, but like any other OS it will fail to run when users mess with it, remove files, delete files or when applications do any of that by mistake, it happens.
..:.::::.:.:..
| | | |
System.S
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby crow » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:34 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby TranceFusion » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:39 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***