[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - CJ Bolland ~ The Prophet (FFRR Records)

CJ Bolland ~ The Prophet (FFRR Records)

Tributes to the masterpieces that shaped today's sound, yesterday.

Moderator: MODs

CJ Bolland ~ The Prophet (FFRR Records)

Postby A-Cube » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:38 pm

1997 yet again, the techno-era with perhaps a symbol of this era, a track so simple and yet so powerful that still influences many to our days. It's CJ Bolland's The Prophet
[align=center]
Image[/align]

FFRR records is based in London and was founded by Pete Tong. Its archive varies from hip-hop to hardcore techno.
[align=center]
Image[/align]

As for CJ, though he was born in England it's in Belgium where it all started for him. CJ has been active in the scene since 1991 and founded his own label Mole Records in 1992. The Prophet is probably the Bolland anthem and his most famous production to our days.
[align=center]
Image[/align]

What can you say about this track? Its bass-line and elements are as usual courtesy of the 1990's sound, but what really gives it a special feeling are the vocals added from the movie The Last Temptation of Christ by Oliver Stone and are narrated by none else than Willem Dafoe. I love the breakdown on this one and its aggressive bass really contributes to the cause of the lyrics.

One word for it: L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y

You can listen to it right down here:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ukbRAgXZYtU

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 pm

OMG! I love this tune!!! I remember listening to it on a compilation somewhere and I was blown away! Good stuff indeed!!
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby ram12 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 am

Very very nice!
ram12
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:31 am

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:10 pm

:twisted:
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Genesis » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:40 pm

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby samer » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:49 pm

i remember listening to this monster first on Tiesto's Magik 7! what a finish!!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Return to Classic Of The Week