[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Peewee Ferris - Genesis

Peewee Ferris - Genesis

Tributes to the masterpieces that shaped today's sound, yesterday.

Moderator: MODs

Peewee Ferris - Genesis

Postby Genesis » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Peewee Ferris (also Pipi Le Oui, Evac, and F.O.E.) is an australian born DJ and producer. He plays and produces across an array of genres from Electronica, Techno, House, to Trance. He's a resident at Sydney's largest club Home and hosts events under the name Sublime. Ferris, has been a DJ for over 15 years and has contributed vastly to the dance scene in Australia mainly and the international scene generally. He played across the world and Oz in the most prestigous clubs of the scene from Slinky, Gatecrasher, MoS, Godskitchen, and good lot of festivals.

The tune was originally released on vinyl in 1999, then on vinyl and CD with the remixes twice in 2000 and again in 2003 by three different record labels. The original release was by Dance Pool, a London-based Electronic, Raggae, and Soul/Funk record label that merged with Epidrome and Adrenalin to form Dance Division. The label is owned by Sony.
The second release was on London's TeC (Truelove Electronic Communications) part of the Truelove Label Collective.
The third release was by Waves Records (Australia's Sub-division) that was a subsidiary of the Dutch Rythm Import Records that went bankrupt in 2003.

Genesis is an utterly timeless classic. Released originally in 1999 on vinyl, Genesis was remixed over and over later on. Most of the remixes got released on vinyls in 2000 at different times in the year. The rest went out on both vinyl and CD in 2003. Genesis was supported by many high-class DJs even prior to its release back in 1998 by the likes of Guy Ornadel, John 00 Fleming, Ferry Corsten, John Kelly, Judge Jules, and Carl Cox to name a few...

Releases:
-----------

Label: Dance Pool
Catalog#: PW001
Format: Vinyl, 12"
Released: 1999
Genre: Electronic
Style: Trance

A Genesis (1999 Club Mix)
B Genesis (Original)

Label: TeC
Catalog#: TEC 054
Released: 2000
Style: Trance

Tracklist:
A Genesis (Original Mix)
B1 Europa
B2 Genesis (Lectrolux Remix)

Label: Dance Pool
Catalog#: DAN 668540 2
Format: CD, Maxi-Single
Released: 2000
Style: Trance, House

Tracklist:
1 Genesis (Radio Edit)
2 Genesis (Club Remix)
3 Genesis (People Remix - Ben Suthers)
4 Genesis (Original Mix)

Label: Waves Records
Catalog#: WR 024
Released: 18 Mar 2003
Style: Trance, Hard Trance

Tracklist:
A1 Genesis (Original)
B1 Genesis (Club Encounters Pulstar Remix)
B2 Genesis (Orion Groove Project Remix)

Whereas the remixes generally offer a variety of sounds to suit more tastes, I find the original a cracker not to be matched. Genesis is a hard electronic classic that would fall in the techno/electro territory rather than trance. I was never a techno fan, but this tune has turned so many heads and mine was gladly one of them. Catchy melody, compelling build-ups, an intellegent breakdown, and an unpredicatable tune structure and approach does massive damage on the floor (I personally witnessed one of the most memorable crowd reactions I ever saw at Crasher London 2003 when John Kelly slammed this hammer - four years on, and he was still playing it). The tune starts with a straight-to-the-point attitude with bang off beats to then enter into rising riffs paving the way to start the main chunk of the tune: a quick synthetic build-up along with a melodic tweaky effect explods with a vocalized 'Genesis'. The tune bangs off steadily with that 'eurodance' sound that was big in the 90's. It then suddenly builds up beautifully! The build-up is monstrously aggressive featuring more riffs and effects as it gets longer and just when you think it'll bang on again; it builds up more instead to then start the second chunk of the tune with all the main elements of the tune coming together for that grand finale.

Superb tune, I still listen to it till today!
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:39 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:55 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Shy--Ism » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:43 pm

Though I barely knew him only as Evac but only Brain 02 introduced me to his kind of work/production style. I only have it also on TEC in my folders but would definitely be interested in checking Genesis.
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to Classic Of The Week