[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - 1 on 1 with Kimito Lopez

1 on 1 with Kimito Lopez

One on One interviews done exclusively for TranceHits.com

Moderator: MODs

1 on 1 with Kimito Lopez

Postby Shy--Ism » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 am

Needless to be introducing this well marked DJ, original Producer, and creative Remixer. He has been around for a quite time now, offering the Electronic Dance Music scene his best work, whether working alone on singles or just collaborating with other well known producers. It's been a while since our last 1on1, however this time I'm back with one interesting interview, which I really enjoyed doing afterall. There we go, 1on1 with Kimito Lopez :) Enjoy.

[align=center]Image[/align]

01- Magik Musik and Forbidden Paradise were among the initial purpose behind your interest boost in the Electronic Dance Music field. What inspires Kimito Lopez to produce music now and what makes him get fonder of it for the coming years?

- Hmm… I don’t know really. As long as its fun to do I’ll still be doing it. And at the moment I’m having the time of my life. Sources of inspiration are many and everything I guess. From either being bored watching tv or sitting on the bus.

02- Can you tell us then more about the equipment you own at the studio and its average percentage usage on daily basis? :)

- The equipment I use is primarily the Access Virus C and the Clavia Nordlead 3 and loads of vst plugins. Percentage of how much it’s used on a daily basis varies I think. If you’re stuck in the studio for a whole day or you just sit down for two hours before going to bed. But it’s heavily used…I can tell you that!

03- Do you have any non-electronic influences that still play a big role in your current career?

- I don’t know if it has anything to do with the music I produce myself. But I am listening to other genres as well. Everything from pop to rock, I think if you listen to one genre constantly you’ll be totally locked into it. So just listening to something else from time to time can be an influence enough.

- Then would you ever consider working on a non-electronic piece of music?

- Definately. If the chance ever would pop up I would do it. Why not test out other waters ? But if I did I don’t think would be one of my own things. Perhaps some hip hop beats for some rap project or something. I don’t know. Would be fun if the spare time was there though :)

04- The diversity in your productions is quite noticeable yet always keeping it in a specific trancy kind border. As known for your gorgeous melodic uplifting, progressive sound throughout the time, how would you describe your current music comparing to the one during the previous years?

- Productionwise I’m finding it a bit hard to leave the trancy sound completely. But I guess you hear that it’s not the same sound as it used to be. Tracks are slower and a bit heavier I think. But still keeping it melodic with the touch of trance.

- Should we expect a tiny shift in your sound in the near future? (If yes, try to give specific reasons)

- Hard to say really. But during my dj sets I can play pretty progressive, techno minded tracks. So maybe the productions will follow in the coming future. I don’t know yet. It all comes. down to the mood in the studio I think, and to just leave trance completely would be very difficult.

05- Nowadays, major changes are occurring in mixing/producing techniques and that is due to the marked progress over the planet. How do you look at Electronic Dance Music now in general, and how do see it coming in the near future?

- Well… First of all a lot of hardware is being pushed a side by vst’s. That’s a thing that has been going on for years now. And I think it will continue like that. But those who cherish hardware will still keep on using it, as it is just that little “something” by having it there in front of you. Perhaps a bit of a gadget-mania guys have.

06- People claim that Producing/Remixing a track should definitely meet with the personality of the composer. How far do you think your productions can tell about Kimito Lopez? Is it the case when the production defines you or vice versa?

- I don’t know really, but my personal mood in that exact moment definitely makes some kind of a reflection on the current project, whether it’s a remix or a solo track.

07- I’ve heard that you are working on a remix for a new Airbase single. Can you tell us more about it and about other future projects if there were any?

- I just finished the remix a month ago, and the response from the label was excellent, so let’s hope it can do some damage on some sound systems. Allthough the original is quite banging, and my remix turned out to be more of a Balearic trancer. “Kimito Lopez Loves Ibiza Remix” :)
I have some new projects ongoing as well. I need both follow ups for Intuition Recordings and for my recent single at Black Hole, “There’s No Such Thing As Mermaids”. Besides that I’ve been busy remixing for Shah’s label, Solaris and Well Mixed.

08- Knowing that some classics are just meant to be originally done. However if you were asked to remix one classic hit through which you will probably reveal the best of skills stashed in Kimito Lopez, which classic would you pick and why?

- I think I already did that one. Dove Beat – La Paloma. I did a remix of that one nearly two years ago, and I’ve never given it to anyone besides Tiesto, who played it quite a bit. Should try to send it to the old label, cause I got some heavy requests on it back then.

09- What was your first impression when “Melkweg” was featured on ISOS7? Did that provoke some kind of a turn point in Kimito’s musical career?

- If not a turning point I think it indicated that things got a bit more serious. I’ve always been “serious” about music, but it showed myself that I can achieve things with hard work behind it. So when that happened I think I just turned things up a notch. But fun is still the main key to everything I do :)

- Any future attempts as promising as this one?

- Let’s hope so. I think it’s always important to try to outdo your last track, but as the same time it’s very difficult as well. At least if it’s a record that has been doing very well.

10- Would you ever see yourself in any non-Trancy projects yet still under Electronic Dance Music’s roof? If yes then what other sounds might appeal to Kimito Lopez and could probably meet his musical standards?

- Progressive house would be an appealing genre in that case. Cause it’s still melodic and floating. Just with a bit of a different approach. Techno is also something that’s exciting. So yeah, sure.

[align=center]Image[/align]

11- If you were the “Chargé d'Affaires” of Electronic Dance Music, what would your suggestions be in order to limit online piracy?

- To be honest I have no Idea how to do so. I don’t even have a proposition for it. However I think people who really enjoys an artist does buy his or hers music. I know I do, and a lot of my friends too.

- And speaking of an artist’s side, do you think online music piracy only encloses drawbacks towards the career of each Artist?

- I believe it can do. Most producers I know have a job on the side which takes time as well, as music might not be their main income. So it’s all about time, and what you get back from the work you do. Both musically and in the everyday life. “A brother’s gotta eat you know” Haha!

12- Who would you look forward to collaborating with in the future and why?

- I don’t have any specific names in my mind, but someone who shares my vision of how music should be like would be good. Off course with his own approach, but with the same kind of picture in his/her mind.

13- Taking into consideration that Kimito Lopez has never produced a vocal track. Is that a result due to a particular personal taste about including vocals into a production?

- I’m not that much of a vocal-track fan, but if a great vocalist comes along I don’t see why I shouldn’t work on a vocal track :)

14- Any major distinction involved between Kimito Lopez and Xtranova? And do you think an artist should have several aliases in order to deal with different sounds?

- I don’t know why I turned out like that really. It just happened. But some labels require to sign a name exclusively for themselves, and I think those are the main reasons why producers have to do it. You hardly see an artist release under two different aliases on the same label. (With exceptions of course)

15- Being a Kimito Lopez fan myself I wouldn’t but really anticipate an album coming from you. Is this any possible in the near future?

- will the album be only about your original productions or will it include other names/collaborations featuring few more sounds?

- I would very much like to do an album someday, but not just yet. And whenever it do happen and if off course, it will contain a bit of experimental tracks and some collaborations for sure. You really don’t want an album to sound the same for 10 tracks or more…hehe

16- What are Kimito’s hobbies and activities aside the music world?

- My hobbies would be hanging out with my girlfriend, friends, watching movies, football, videogames. Practicly whatever most 16- year old boys do :P

17- Envision this scenario: you are spinning at the very last gig of your DJ career, and a crowd of thousands from all around the world has gathered to bid you farewell. You deliver the set of your life, blowing the minds of all your fans, though the time has come for you to step down. But before you do, one last track needs to be played out, the track that would be engraved in history as Kimito Lopez’ final offering to his followers. What is that one single track you would select? :P

- I have no idea! Quite the surreal question to ask a 25 year old guy isn’t it ? Haha. But I think I would have played all my favourite tracks trough all time that night, and what order they would have been in is impossible to say. But it would have been a cracker…That’s for sure!

18- Where was your best party/gig so far? And where would you really want to go and play next?

- Also a very difficult question, cause I’ had the honour to play in some very cool places. Turnmills with it’s history is quite nice, and also now that it’s closed puts it in a nice position. But there been some memorable nights here in Oslo too, though the scene here today is quite low. Would be nice to do some touring somewhere, and stay a place for more than 2 days. Perhaps get the chance to see a bit more of the world at the same time as dj’ing. Australia maybe ?!

- What would be the craziest thing you might do on stage?

- I think I’m actually quite boring that way. I just drink, party with the people that are there and do my job basicly. Interacting in my own weird way…haha!

19- Any last words dedicated to your fans in the Middle East and specifically to the Lebanese crowd?

Thanks for a cool interview, and I would LOVE to come play in Lebanon. I’ve heard loads of good words from other dj’s that have been playing there, and it was superb to share my musical point of view with you! Jalla-Jalla :) Cheeeers.

MySpace: www.myspace.com/kimitolopez
Last edited by Shy--Ism on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Qulture » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:11 am

nice interview ... but there are a couple of questions he should have answered properly ... like the last track of his final set , the people he wants to collaborate with , inspiration etc ...

big fan of his latest release ... !! lovely stuff
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby samer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:36 pm

quiet the entertaining interview and a well informative about one of the rising producers!
thanks Sarah for the interview! brilliant work as usual ;)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Fawzi » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:40 pm

I loved his remix of A Life Elsewhere - Lost World
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:41 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 am

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby A-Cube » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:52 am

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Shy--Ism » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:28 pm

The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to 1 on 1