[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - "1 on 1" With Arnej

"1 on 1" With Arnej

One on One interviews done exclusively for TranceHits.com

Moderator: MODs

"1 on 1" With Arnej

Postby A-Cube » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:40 pm

[align=center]Image[/align]

A new "1 on 1" interview with one of the upcoming producers on the scene and one of the break-out artists for this year. Formerly know as 8 Wonders Arnej speaks to us about his music his projects and his views on the scene (as well as some extra funny features :) ). We would like to thank Arnej for his time and his contribution to this interview!

1-What was the spark that started it all? Any special song that got you into Trance music?

One of the first eletronica records that I've ever heard was actually in the beginning stages of 'computer composed' music, a track called Purple Motion by Future Crew... an amazing musical piece composed with such limitations, that was initially what sparked my interest. Later on when I was introduced to some early psy/goa trance is when it really took off.

2-What made you go from 8 Wonders' style to Arnej's? Is it because the market loves this current sequence that the likes of Deadmau5 use, or is it upon your free will?

I began the Arnej project because I really wanted to be recognized for my own name rather than a pseudonym. I felt so trapped by the trance formula with the 8 Wonders project that it really took me back musically. I found myself spending more time trying to fit into the cliches of the genre rather than just making whatever I wanted, so thus the Arnej project was born, giving me the freedom to take any direction I wanted. I wouldn't compare myself to Deadmau5 by any means, the 1/4th, 1/5th, 1/8th, 16th notation is something that existed well before the likes of Deadmau5, Gouryella anyone? :)

3-Speaking of 8 Wonders, any projects coming up?

I have a 3 track EP coming out on Armada's ASOT imprint in early September and then a follow up 3 track EP to that sometime later down the road. Armin is already supporting the follow up, cleverly titled 'The Return' :)

4-Your compilation "Tranceposition" got released on August 18th under Armada. What can you tell us about it?

It's essentially a compilation of some upcoming Armada material. The groove builds up from slower a bit more housey oriented records, building up in pace, ending with some edgier material towards the end of the mix!

[align=center]Image[/align]

5-We know so much about Arnej the producer. But what about Arnej the DJ? Any upcoming tour planned?

The DJ thing is something I've always put off because I felt it necessary to build up my production name before just jumping into DJing. I never really wanted to be just another wannabe DJ. These days you can get only so much recognition either producing or djing alone, it's when you combine those two that you can really elevate yourself to a higher platform.

6-What are your views on the current electronic music scene? Especially that new genres such as techno and Prog house seem to be on the rise lately.

I love all the sub genres of EDM, they all have an outstanding variety of quality music but my heart clearly still belongs to melodic trance! :)

7-You mention in your biography that it is the 90's psychedelic trance sound that got your attention with artists such as Astral Projection. Can we expect from you a psychedelic trance production in the future?

Lol, I'd probably say no :) It's something that opened the door to the type of music that I really like, which is melody based music with some emotion to it.

8-"The Ones That Get Away", "People Don't Change", "They Always Come Back" do those titles reflect a state of mind, a tumultuous love life or is it plain coincidence? :)

Most definitely not a coincidence, my track titles tell a story and I think it's pretty self explanatory one :)

9-Are you a full time producer/DJ or do you have another day job? any special hobbies?

I'm not a full time producer, I do have a 'real job', which I wouldn't really call a job either because its tremendously fun. I essentially work for a video game developer but not actually as a music composer but rather a sound designer and in some occasions, graphic artist. I'm a pretty boring person, besides work and music the only other thing I make time for is training at the gym :)

10-A couple of forum members wanted to ask you: Do you think Carl Cox needs a breast reduction surgery? And would you wear Tiesto's shoes if given for free?

Rather than answering your question, I'll ask you one.. did you know you could milk anything with nipples? As for Tiesto's shoes, I'd probably say no, for one my feet are probably bigger and two, why wear em when you can sell them on e-bay, I'm sure there's plenty of tiesto fanboys who'd just love to get their hands on his footwear :)

11-With so many succesful productions can we expect an artist album from you?

Most definitely! In fact, one is already in the works... expect a few more vocal records, first of which is my single titled 'Stranger's We've Become' which should be coming out on Armind sometime down the road. There is a certain story that I am telling with my album, with the themes and the track titles, so if you've enjoyed what I've been doing so far, then you'll most definitely enjoy the album. I'll also mention that this is an Arnej album, so no 8 Wonders style trance on this one.

12-Any final words for your fans and especially the Lebanese people?

A big thank you for all the love, and hopefully you'll enjoy my future works. I'll try not to disappoint you guys :) As for Lebanon, I hope the scene continues to grow bigger and bigger and who knows maybe one day I'll be there performing!

Thank you so much Arnej for your time and hopefully we will hear from you very soon.

You're most welcome, it was my pleasure!

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Fawzi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:16 pm

The Ones That Get Away is definitely one of my favorites for 2008! Really nice interview, but there's one thing i want to know:
Who came up with the Carl Cox/Tiesto question??? :mrgreen:
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Icepick » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:26 pm

Arnej has a lot of talent...all of his tracks are just sublime.

Arnej - The Beauty that Lies Behind those Green Eyes <3

(Pretty Long Title tho :mrgreen: )
once upon a time there was a boy that was born to make a change in this cruel world of mortals. this boy became a man and this man became old and died. thats about it..
Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby Raneem » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 am

3al ras walla..
a lot of respect for this guy!
he's really friendly too..
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Illusion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:02 am

Manuel Le Saux Fan

Illusion
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:55 am

Arnej - Don't Be A Menace In South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood (Original Mix)
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby A-Cube » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:43 am

Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:30 am

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby samer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:28 am

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:27 am

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Qulture » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 am

Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DonSerj » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:42 am

DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby crow » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:13 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby A-Cube » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:12 pm

course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby jubronx » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:58 pm

''Euphonic'' Respect
jubronx
New Trancer
New Trancer

Next

Return to 1 on 1