[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - 1 on 1 with Daniel Kandi

1 on 1 with Daniel Kandi

One on One interviews done exclusively for TranceHits.com

Moderator: MODs

1 on 1 with Daniel Kandi

Postby samer » Sun May 25, 2008 4:20 pm

one of the most promising young talents in the current trance scene is Daniel Kandi who was so generous to share with us this "1 on 1" interview with the help of our member niksterx to whom we send our thanks!

Interview:
-----------

01- What was the spark that started it all?Any special song that got you into Trance music?

A&B defo had a huge influence on me! ATB also, he was probably one of the very first... His atmospheric heavenly sounds got me into it. People like Armin, Ferry, Menno etc. has inspired me since then.

02- What's the element in your opinion that you think has made Trance Music a universal language?

Emotions! Trance for me is more than just a thumbin' 4/4 drum. Trance can make people cry from a great emotional string-breakdown, you don't see that from a crunk-tune with lil john. WOOAT!

03- With major releases such as "Make Me Believe","Turnmills" your latest remix of Andy Blueman's "Time To Rest" and the constant chain of great touching remixes, What's your secret?

BOREDOM! No seriously, I don't know exactly where the melodies come from, but they are in my head many hours of my day. I found the way was written down on the back of a bus-card becuz the idea came to me while taking the metro home. With me having no pen and paper here, you can possibly start to feel that I was anxious to get home and finish the idea as a ruff demo! I guess the reason for the sometimes fluffy stuff I do, comes from the fact that I am a very emotional person. Get to know me, and you will see.

04- After the success of Radio shows like A state Of Trance,The Club Life and of course your show,Always Alive on Afterhours FM,Do you think Trance music has said its word against claims such as "Trance music is Dead"?

Trance is not dead, and never will be... It's more the question of, how many fans the genre will gain over the next years... To be honest, trance will probably never get to pure mainstream. There will be crossover hits etc... but then again, the charm of trance would go away if it was overplayed on radios alongside Beyonce, lil john, chris brown etc. I do believe though, that trance is closer to the US break than ever before. With all the new electro elements in trancetunes, the club audience is accepting trance more and more.

05- Is there any global or rising DJ you would like to collaborate with one day,and why would you pick this DJ in particular?

Armin, Mat Zo, Schossow ! They all make tunes we remember. Armin because he is one of my biggest inspirations, and Mat and Schossow for their skill in electrovibes. They have something I need to learn from. Extremely talented.

06- You've toured places like Russia and Ireland recently with above&beyond,is there a special country Daniel Kandi would like to spin at?

U S and A!!! Plus would love southamerica also. Also India is in the works at the moment. Would be a killer chance to see some great new cultures. Plus Ibiza... who can deny the attraction to true clubbers this island has !

07- What were the best crowd you've played to so far? Worst gig ever?

Russia was really special, plus not to deny the biggest gig I have had yet, Godskitchen Poland, alongside A&B, Dubfire and SvD etc. That was insane ! 7000 partymad people. I don't think I have signed so many boobs ever ! Hmm... worst gig ? has got to be Copenhagen, the people danced and forgot to purchase in the bar, so they closed down the place before time, not fair ! haha!

08- What do you have right now on your mp3 player?

Nothing! I have actually lost it, if anyone has an Ipod or something other that they don't use, contact me here on myspace. Not kidding !

09- Are you a full time producer/DJ or do you have another dayjob? any special hobbies?

Anyone that knows me, knows how crazy I am about pool and snooker. They have been my hobbies even before starting out on music. Atm. I am unemployed, but i'm ok with that since the music is slowly becoming my new job.

10- Any special message you would like to deliver to your fans and rising DJs in Lebanon and all over the middle east?

Well, if they want the biggest possible career, then I think they should imigrate to Holland or UK.
I am soon anyway, since it's easier to market yourself when you're in the right place for it !
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby TranceFusion » Sun May 25, 2008 6:18 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Sun May 25, 2008 7:49 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Raneem » Sun May 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Thank you for this interview..cool one.
Although his works are not always my thing, Kandi is a rising talent indeed.
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Sun May 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Ah we finally have a new interview :mrgreen: ...

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Sun May 25, 2008 9:36 pm

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby samer » Mon May 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby M&R » Mon May 26, 2008 9:26 pm

M&R
New Trancer
New Trancer

Return to 1 on 1