[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - 1 on 1 with Sean Tyas

1 on 1 with Sean Tyas

One on One interviews done exclusively for TranceHits.com

Moderator: MODs

1 on 1 with Sean Tyas

Postby TRANCED » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:22 pm

[align=center]Image[/align]

Sean Tyas, a name very well recognized in the world of EDM these days, is one of the most successful, still rising talents with his dancefloor mixes and productions!
His style of harmonic melodies and updriving groove has been the cause his rapid increase in popularity, with releases being constantly included in the sets of most famous Djs such as Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, And Paul Van Dyk.

We were lucky enough to have the chance of getting an interview from the famous man.
I would like to thank Tala for conducting this interview herself.
Hope others enjoy reading it as much as I did!
So here Goes..

Q1- Sean, you are in your mid/late 20s now and you are pretty active in the world of dance music. When did you become interested in (electronic) music?
A1-interested in it in around 1990. I was given a cassette tape with 3 remixes of apotheosis O'fortuna and I just fell in love with what was, to me at least, something really new.

Q2- How would you describe your sound?
A2- Energetic trance music. It's for fun and forgettin all about your week.

Q3- Are there any styles that you would like to try as well besides the trance related releases?
A3- Techno, melodic house, and drum 'n bass I'd love to try.

Q4- What do you consider to be your best production and remix so far and why?
A4- hmmmmm.. best production I'd say drop or one more night out because I just love to hear them on the club systems, the way the hit the speakers. Best remix would, to me, would probably be the Tranqulity Base - Oceanic remix. Really really proud of how that came out.

Q5- Are you planning to work on releasing an album soon? If yes, would it mostly contain your production or tracks remixed by you?
A5- Well if you mean a mix cd, next month will be released 2 Mix Compilations: Live As... Vol. 4 for Discover and Technoclub vol 24 for Klubbstyle Records. Live As is actually me playing live in club 1015 in San Francisco. And yea, basically both cds are how I normally play.

Q6- As a fast rising DJ and producer, how do you respond to all those who claim that Trance is dead?
A6- It's edad in some places, but very fresh and new in other places, depends on where you live.

Q7- Among all the DJs, who is the one Dj would you like the most to collaborate with?
A7- Would love to sit and do something with Armin, and already have plans to do a collab with Simon Patterson in the next 2 months ;)

Q8- Sean, you got us used in seeing you as a dj, producer, and mostly remixer. If you were to choose one of the previously stated “identities”, which one would it be? And why?

A8- Producer / Remixer to me is more important. I never really expected to be a dj.

Q9- Which advice would you like to give to everyone who's starting to DJ or produce?
A9- Make what you want, when you want to make it. But really read all the books and magazines on production that you can, and learn some basic music theory, it will help you TONS.

Q10- What do you think about the actual trance music scene and the future of it?
A10- I think it IS at a relatively low point right now, which is good, it needed a bit of recycling, so this is all going on now, and tons of great new artists are coming up.

Q11- When one of your productions is getting a remix, do you prefer assigning it to a producer with a similar sound as yours, or to one with a different sound than yours?
A11- would of course rather it's different. Or at least different enough so that a different style dj will play the remix.

Q12- Which producer(s) would you mostly wish to remix your track(s) in each one of the two scenarios above?
A12- haha I don't know. Impossible to choose. Maybe Deadmau5.

Q13- where do you stand in the midst of the “hardware vs. software” debate?
A13- Don't really care either way. At the heart of most HARDWARE these days anyway is SOFTWARE running unside a cpu similar to the one inside a computer. But I am huge fan of softsynths and most of my work relies very heavily on the ones built into Apple Logic.

Q14- Envision this scenario: you are spinning at the very last gig of your DJ career, and a crowd of thousands from all around the world has gathered to bid you farewell. You deliver the set of your life, blowing the minds of all your fans, though the time has come for you to step down. But before you do, one last track needs to be played out, the track that would be engraved in history as Sean Tyas’ final offering to his followers. What is that one single track you would select?
A14- Binary Finary - 1999 /gouryella mix

and thank YOU for the great questions! was fun :)

[align=right]TH- 09-09-07[/align]
[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby JAD » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:35 pm

JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:47 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Tala » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:26 pm

It's your life, DIVE it well!
Tala
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby mzy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Raneem » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:31 pm

so should i expect Tyas releasing a DnB track one day? kheriet!

hehe..
thx for this interview Tala..gr8 one! ;)
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DJ_TRACID » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:40 pm

DJ_TRACID
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Deema » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:03 pm

Dancing Queen
Deema
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samer » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:27 pm

his answers are very much like his productions.. straight to the point and "in your face"!!
great interview from one of the currently most active producers in the scene.. thumbs up Tala and many thanks ;)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Proof » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Seemed like he was quite busy to answer all the questions properly, thats why they're straightforward. But nevertheless ... he answered them in short.

=)
Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:52 pm

Oh man! i have now 2 interviews to read when i come back! :? doesn't matter :D huge fan of ST and i like Niklas Harding a lot too!
D'n'B track? :shock: good way to make the fanclub bigger :wink:
i'll come back with more comments in 2 weeks!
Sean you're my favorite remixer of 2007 :mrgreen: uplifting trance ownz da world :D :D keep it up!!
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Return to 1 on 1