[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - 1 on 1 with Marcel Woods

1 on 1 with Marcel Woods

One on One interviews done exclusively for TranceHits.com

Moderator: MODs

1 on 1 with Marcel Woods

Postby samer » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:35 pm

big thanks for the RDX organizers who provided this interview for us!!

Interview Marcel Woods:

Q01. Do you still feel a bit stressed while hitting the stage or does habitude made you a more secure person?
I’m never stressed out, even not for big gigs like sensation or Trance Energy, I just do what I love the most and I think then everything will fall in the right place…. :)

Q02. What is your main source of inspiration?
Live itself and music in every direction!

Q03. What was your best 2006 gig?
Trance Energy was memorable and also a lot of other gigs with some amazing party people in front o me.

Q04. What is the color that is more likely to describe your music and why?
Red & Black (no color) but it’s warm and rough at the same time.

Q05. Do you have any fears, doubts concerning your gig that will take place in Lebanon? Or are you exited? Have you heard any feedback from other DJs who came to Lebanon?
Well for us it’s a bit strange of course, our last war memory is from the World war II, so it feels a bit insecure, but at the other hand I really looking forward to have a party with the people from Beirut, (and talking a bit as a beauty queen now) but I wish that the world will stop all the wars that are going on, we have to learn to live together on this small planet!

Q06. Which concert/artist made you want to become a DJ?
The music made me become a dj, I was playing since I was a little kid.

Q07. What is your old school favorite track?
Maurizzio with vanqeur.

Q08. Do you ever have people tell you that electronic music is not real music? What is your response to that?
Just now & then a grandma or dad try to tell this, and I response with the Beatles history that back then their music wasn’t called music also.

Q09. Do you ever get the chance to play at small, ‘underground’ parties or are you do you always find yourself spinning at the larger parties and clubs?
Sometimes you can find me their, but usually it will be to expansive with the plain ticket and hotelcosts.

Q10. Do you consider a DJ to be a musician?
Nope… But he can be an artist

Q11. What do you feel is the best work you have produced?
It has to come yet.

Q12. Are you more into vinyl’s, CDs or mp3s?
I’m into CD’s lately.
Last edited by samer on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Re: 1 on 1 with Marcel Woods

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:53 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Trancelvania » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:16 pm

Trancelvania
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby kevo21 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:26 pm

kevo21
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby crow » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:52 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Tala » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Very "straight to the point" answers!
Nice interview. thank you
It's your life, DIVE it well!
Tala
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby A.H. DeeJay » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:33 pm

Loved the interview...
Marcell Woods Rock .........
Thanks
Joe A.H.
A.H. DeeJay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nesta » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:55 pm

"Underground is where we live... "

Beirut In the Mix
T: + 961 3 734572
E: nabih@beirutinthemix.com
W: www.beirutinthemix.com
My Space: www.myspace.com/roninandnesta
You Tube: www.youtube.com/roninandnesta

NRJ Mastermix with Nesta every Friday @ 10 PM !
Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby RocK » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:45 pm

I like his ansers, straight to the point skipping all the blabla parts!
Cnt wait for his best work::twisted::
And let's show him wat the lebanese crowd is made off!!!
P.S: Thnk you samer and RDX team for the interview
" Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, In Trance We Trust! "
RocK
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Spyro » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:59 pm

Thank you Samer for this great interview & hopefuly we will be able to see Marcel Woods live in beirut & for sure it will be amazing :D

HardStyle
Spyro
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby rob » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:21 pm

not much of a talker...aint he?
very straight to the point answers, no particular enthusiasm...
I somehow agree with liqweed :)
Thanks TH!
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Deema » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:31 pm

niiiiiiiice!!!
10x sam!;)
Dancing Queen
Deema
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Gladius » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Gr8 interview ! thx Samer !