[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - "1 on 1" with John Askew

"1 on 1" with John Askew

One on One interviews done exclusively for TranceHits.com

Moderator: MODs

"1 on 1" with John Askew

Postby samer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:09 pm

[align=justify]Just days before his warm up set in Lebanon, we've talked to John Askew enquiring about his news, his feelings and thoughts before his big event in Lebanon..
once again many thanks to Bacardi & Mix for helping us with this interview.

The Interview:
----------------
Q01- How do you define the sound of John Askew
tough electronic music with a strict no cheese policy

Q02- Should we expect your usual sound when warming up for PvD or will you go a little slower/softer?
you have to respect that this is a "warm up" set, so i will definately be aiming to play the kind of set that will allow paul to take it in any direction. it will be slower and deeper than what i usually play but I'm sure it will still have high energy levels.

Q03- You've been one of the first international DJs to visit Lebanon, how do you feel about getting back to play once more?
i'm seriously excited. can't wait!

Q04- Do you have any expectations for your second visit to Lebanon?
I try to never go to any gigs with "expectations", but it's hard not to
expect this one to be massive considering what paul told me about his last visit and also considering the reputation of the promoters have for putting on amazing gigs.

Q05- Should we expect to see new singles getting released sometime soon?
for sure. i have just finished my new single which is called "Cut Here"
which will be out later in the year on my label Discover.

Q06- How do you see the current techy hard sound of trance? And do you
accept the accusation of some "trance haters" who always say that trance is dead?

every kind of music - whether it is rock or jazz will always have people who hate it and people that love it. The people who say trance is dead are normally people who dont like it themselves. i travel all over the world and play to crowds of clubbers who clearly share my view - that trance is alive and kicking!

Q07- You've acheived lots of goals ranging from being signed to top labels to being booked for gigs. What are your future goals for now?
keep making music and keep doing as many gigs as possible to get that music heard by as many people as possible.

Q08- Despite your achievements as a DJ and a producer and the status this has earned you, to which DJ/producer does John Askew still look up to?
at this moment in time I am a huge fan of The Filterheadz and I also love John O'Callaghan's stuff - but i guess that's cheating a little since he is signed to my label!

Q09- Envision this scenario: you are spinning at the very last gig of your DJ career, and a crowd of thousands from all around the world has gathered to bid you farewell. You deliver the set of your life, blowing the minds of all your fans, though the time has come for you to step down. But before you do, one last track needs to be played out, the track that would be engraved in history as (DJ's name)'s final offering to his followers. What is that one single track you would select?"
Cj Bolland "Camargue" or Gat Decor "Passion"

Q10- Any final words for your trancehits.com fans that are eagerly waiting for you on the 8th of July for the first vonyc.com session worldtour 2006!
let's fucking rock!!![/align]
Last edited by samer on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Re: "1 on 1" with John Askew

Postby Icepick » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:13 pm

once upon a time there was a boy that was born to make a change in this cruel world of mortals. this boy became a man and this man became old and died. thats about it..
Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby TRANCED » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:16 pm

TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby ADRENALIN » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:27 pm

ADRENALIN
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Addict » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:27 pm

From New York, London, to Lebanon
Addict
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:04 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby T.R.A.X » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:39 pm

T.R.A.X
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Proof » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:52 pm

Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Nicoco » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:40 am

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere
Nicoco
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby JAD » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:46 am

I'm telling you, this guy is gonna be insane...
JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby Roland » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:15 am

Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby pTq » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:11 am

Oh we'll show him how we ROCK alright !!!!!!
pTq
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:38 am

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:27 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Next

Return to 1 on 1