[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - "1 on 1" with Paul Van Dyk!!

"1 on 1" with Paul Van Dyk!!

One on One interviews done exclusively for TranceHits.com

Moderator: MODs

"1 on 1" with Paul Van Dyk!!

Postby samer » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:41 pm

[align=left]
With great pleasure and honor we announce the first TH exclusive interview to be with none other than the no. 1 DJ, the legendary PvD!!

This interview was recently conducted with the man who's currently holding the title of the best DJ worldwide, the man who has been giving so much to the EDM scene for years, a man who easily can be titled as the most respected among DJs and producers, the gentleman of EDM!

PvD was so kind to answer all of our questions and show us his excitement to come once more to Lebanon and party with us all!! as you will find out in this interview, this guy deserves all the respect he got and even more, with eachtime i get to know more about him i get to respect him more and more..

Finally huge thanks to Bacardi B-Live and MixFM who made this happen..

The Interview:
----------------
First, thank you from all the users of TranceHits.com community for taking the time in answering our questions.

Q1 - In 2005 you've been elected DJ Mag's #1 DJ, how did that affect you in person and your career?

- I was absolutely excited about it, I was very thankful to everyone who has supported me all over the years and made all that happen but besides this it didn’t really affect me because I’m not doing what I really do to be famous, I do it because I love music and I’m very passionate about what I do so it didn’t affect me personally but I am thankful, that’s all I can really say.

Q2 - PVD as a producer & PVD as a DJ, which one is more important to you & where do you see yourself best at?
- well the most important of all of them is just “Paul” and Paul is actually a person who loves doing all these things together so I don’t prefer being a DJ or a Producer and basically how I play right now is a direct combination of both. I am using the skills I have as an Engineer, as a producer and a ranger as much as the ones of a DJ to actually play or perform, if you wanna call it like this, with electronic music in front of people.

Q3 - It's been long since we witnessed any new productions from you, when can we expect something new?
- Well the next album is coming out in 2007. When I’m traveling, I’m always in the studio working on new material and when I come over in a month to Lebanon I’m definitely gonna play a few of my new tracks to one of my favorite crowds.

Q4 - You've been to Lebanon twice so far (in 2004 & 2005) what difference did you find between both events & what are your expectations for the 3rd time?
- I expect it to be absolutely amazing like the two previous ones and the other thing is that the last one, with all the surrounding circumstances, has been absolutely special and with the atmosphere and the appreciation of me coming and the music and everything, that will be hard to beat but I’m pretty sure I will be surprised once more !

Q5 - How do you find the clubbing scene in Lebanon and where does it stand relatively to Europe & the states?
- I don’t really compare places with each other, I mean from what I experienced in Lebanon, it’s absolutely 100% up-to-date with everything that’s going on all over the world and the thing is, electronic music is not a phenomena in the States, in the UK or in Germany, it is a global thing. You can have good time in Lebanon as much as in Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, La, London or Berlin, it is a global phenomena and Lebanon is part of it.

Q6 - With respect to the global tension that the world is facing nowadays, do you believe trance and electronic music contribute in spreading peace? do you see yourself contributing in that?
- The thing is, definitely, electronic music is a huge global youth culture that actually comes down to the facts of respect and tolerance and this is something that people who really enjoy electronic music have experienced, and these people will never go to war against each other, so at the end of the day we need to make more people aware of electronic music and the benefits of music. And the other thing is of course that just for me as a person, the popularity I gained because of the music I make, I’ve used it to actually raise my voice and make people aware that tolerance and respect are necessary things in our world and it’s not about fighting each other and if there is a problem, there is always a logical explanation and we can solve it in a logical way but not bomb each other, not kill each other, that doesn’t make sense.

Q7 - In the last few years digital technology has been playing a major role in the music industry, what are your thoughts/feelings regarding sharing, buying, and playing mp3s?
- I think in terms of internal use, in your house, your car, like in private issues, the compression of MP3’s is fine. But when I perform, I don’t play MP3 files at all, it’s all uncompressed material, it’s actually even 24 bit compared to a CD which is 16 bit, so the sound quality is very very important and I think if you perform in front of people on a big PA then you should play some descent files

Q8 - Any final words to your TranceHits.com fans?
- I’m totally looking forward to coming back and as I said before I’m pretty sure I’m gonna be surprised once more, I’m a big fan of your country and your scene and I can’t wait to come back !!
[/align]
Last edited by samer on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby e-sam » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:52 pm

RESPECT to the man of the year Paul van Dyk.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Icepick » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:09 pm

PVD YOU ARE THE MAN THE GREATEST DJ OF ALL!!!!!!! THANK YOU TRANCEHITS!!!!
YALLA CANT WAIT TILL THE 8TH IT WILL BE ON FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRREEE :twisted:
Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby JAD » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:23 pm

Part of the interview has to go down in the new sticky section of best quotes by DJs. This man is absolutely fantastic, a true role model in the sense.

Nice new section TH "1 one 1" ! I think it's a massive step forward, and significantly raises the profile of TH and puts it in the category of best online forums.

Congratulations!
JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:27 pm

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TRANCED » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:52 pm

[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby rob » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:12 pm

Unbelievable!!!
BRAVO TH!!

god...what a surprise that was...u guyz outdoned urselfs...
how was the interview done? by phone? face 2 face? who wrote/asked the Q? when was it done? (can u plz post the date?)
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Raneem » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:38 pm

I'm not a big fan of him and his works, but i really respect him.. :)
Thanks TH and PVD :)
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DJ_TRACID » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:08 pm

DJ_TRACID
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~ » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:20 pm

Congrats TH on this Big Step!
RESPECT to the BIG MAN! PAUL VAN DYK!!
[color=blue]The [МŨ
~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Proof » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:20 pm

Thanks for the interview ... So i'm guessing you took Crows suggestion into consideration?
Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Trancelvania » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:06 am

Trancelvania
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby JayCM » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:23 am

Missing the Lebanese raves!!!
JayCM
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Re: "1 on 1" with Paul Van Dyk!!

Postby Proof » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:36 am

Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Gladius » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:05 am

this guy is one of my favorite Djz , n i do respect him !!

P.V.D LOVES LEBANON & LEBANON LOVES P.V.D !! :wink:

can't wait for his gig !
Gladius
New Trancer
New Trancer

Next

Return to 1 on 1