[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Johan Gielen - in Montreal

Johan Gielen - in Montreal

News and events about DJs, upcoming events, and future releases.

Moderator: MODs

Johan Gielen - in Montreal

Postby Deejiuana » Tue May 25, 2004 3:11 pm

Hey trancehitters,
Because you guys seemed interested in the Johan Gielen venue, i decided to give u an idea of what was played over there and give u an idea of what went on....

First of, i'll start with the comments i had after the gig:
1-Cheese (a bit, yah, but no need 2 make a big fuss out of it :P )
2-Cheese (a bit, yah, but no need 2 make a big fuss out of it :P )
3-Cheese (a bit, yah, but no need 2 make a big fuss out of it :P )
4-Poor mixin skills (that i would have to agree with, we were given a wonderful trainwreck in the first minute of johan's set :( )
5-Other than the poor mixin skills and the poor tracks selections, the vibe was surprisingly amazing and people had fun - whether it was bad or good, people just danced happily...

So anyway, the tracks selection, well, whether cheese or not, it's a matter of opinion, like you guys might like it (not because it's u or because u're different - u'll know y u'll like it when i give out the names) and the poor mixin skills, well, that did happen but wotever, it was fun....

Now for the tracklisting:

Nickelson - Ying (Solid globe remix) - Opening track
Tiesto - Love Comes Again (Mark Norman remix)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way (Marco V Short Hard Trance Mix)
Underworld - Born Slippy (remix ?)
Binary Finary - 1998(Rosnki Speed Remix)
Airscape - L'Esperanza [Armin Van Buuren`s Rising Star Mix]
Balearic Bill - Destination Sunshine (Original mix)
jas_van_houten-loco_love_original_mix
Airscape - Sosei (F&W remix)
Marco V vs. Jens - Things looped and relooped
Tres Ratones Ciegos - Profesor de Educacion Fisica
Cafe del mar some mix
Oceanlab - Satellite
Tiesto - Forever Today
Kernkraft 400 - Zombie nation
Tiesto - Adagio for Strings
Katana - In Silence (Txitarro Remix)
Mark Norman - Overkill

Lots of tiesto's and a Mark Norman, and the Binary Finary rmx by Speed, i know someone who LOVES this tracklisting...

So anyway, here it is and here is wot u might expect if u hear a set from the guy or have the chance to attend a gig of his - would b cool if he could go 2 leb - plus, he's a monkey in his booth - lol....

Anyway..cheerz ppl...
Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue May 25, 2004 5:14 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby samer » Tue May 25, 2004 5:47 pm

I swear if i see someone talking about cheese another time am gonna kill someone.. THAT'S CHEESE?! bsharafak.. post some names of the tracks you think are not cheese.. educate me.. i'm ignorant!! :x

for your sake i hope you were sarcastic.. or else.. pls dont come to lebanon and let me catch you.. u'd be real cheese then :P

indeed.. some weird tracks thrown there.. but as i know about Johan.. he's that type of crazy dude behind the decks and throws weird tracks and stuff.. i'm really wishing i could check him live.. as for the tracklists itself.. well seems awesome if you ask me!!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby bxtreme » Tue May 25, 2004 8:09 pm

ill tell u whats cheese!!! Kernkraft 400 - Zombie nation is completely cheese.... it makes the set completely cheesy..in fact... it abuses trance so much to the extent of intolerance... ARGH!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue May 25, 2004 8:22 pm

*agrees with bxtreme*
*eats a bigmac*
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby TRANCExual » Tue May 25, 2004 8:36 pm

Man!! these tracks are old,it seems the last time johan bought a vinyl was in 2002! :lol: ,wa3333
TRANCExual
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Deejiuana » Tue May 25, 2004 10:13 pm

Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby samer » Tue May 25, 2004 10:26 pm

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby samer » Tue May 25, 2004 10:27 pm

samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Deejiuana » Tue May 25, 2004 10:43 pm

Last edited by Deejiuana on Tue May 25, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby The Phoenician » Tue May 25, 2004 10:49 pm

Zombie Nation = Crap --> True
Zombie Nation = John Starlight --> True
John Starlight = Awesome --> True
John Starlight = Crap --> False
Crap = Awesome --> False

This is just to show you that not everything is always logical ;-)
And John Starlight rocks! It's a shame he had a commercial fling with Zombie Nation though...
The Phoenician
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed May 26, 2004 12:58 am

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby ZinG » Wed May 26, 2004 9:44 am

ZinG
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby samer » Wed May 26, 2004 6:13 pm

wleh DIONYSOS.. i was referring to you indeed... keef 7zeret?!

ZinG: wow.. you came out of your coma again.. just to enlighten us with another highly productive post!! Muwhahahaha.. wleh waynak wleh?! fakkartak estash-hadet!! (yaret)

The Phoenician: ever thought of teaching math?! :P
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed May 26, 2004 8:47 pm

lol @ SamEr
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Next

Return to News & Events