[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Crow does Hollywood

Crow does Hollywood

News and events about DJs, upcoming events, and future releases.

Moderator: MODs

Crow does Hollywood

Postby crow » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:33 pm

YESS!!!

Well. Similar.

I got booked as a resident DJ at The Apartment Club in Jumeira Beach Hotel, Dubai to play "house" music by an agency called Hollywood Events. They are, apparently, from Hollywood. Great people to work with. To me, this is AWESOME news and a great start as the club has good potential regardless of the kind of crowd it gets (they're into R&B/Hiphop). There are 2 rooms in the club, one for R&B/Hiphop and the other for Electronic music. It will be a challenge to distract the crowd from the other room into mine and that by itself is exciting! Not to mention there will be a hot asian female DJ playing hiphop/R&B in the main room. Regardless, I will smash/blast/nuke the speakers with awesome techno, prog house, prog trance, and if possible trance. Yet my main aim will be to play house music and its sub-genres.

This is the flyer:

Don't comment on it. Really.

My name is on the bottom left. Yeah. I went for DJ Krowster. I couldn't stick with Krow with a K because DJ Crow keeps playing in Dubai on several occasions and I'd hate to cause any confusion to myself and to the guy. He's been in the business for quite a while and I mean no disrespect to him or his fans by misleading them. Fair play.

So yeah, if you're in Dubai, come down to Apartment Club every Wednesday from 10 to 3 am starting the 13th of January cuz I will be seriously pushing boarders and making the most out of the night even though I will end up FUCKED since I would have to head to work at 6 am after I am done.

If I have a better resolution of the flyer, I will update this forum.

In the mean time, I really look forward to seeing any of the TH peeps on Wednesday and every Wednesday.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: Crow does Hollywood

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Awesome news bro! Very happy for you!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Raneem » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:45 pm

\o/
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Good luck !
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Great news! :) you're on the bottom right btw :P
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Mabrouk.. great news.. and good luck with it :)
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby crow » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:33 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Shy--Ism » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:11 am

Cynthia is heading to Dubai towards the end of this month and I might eventually join her if my exam schedule allows it. Figure that, she will also be staying at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Congratulations for the residency!
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby samer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:20 am

great news khaled! best of luck ya 3azizi! whatever the style might be, i have trust in your taste and am sure you'll give the ppl something new and fresh everytime!
i'm not sure if i'll be able to pass by dubai anytime soon, but in the meantime i might be sending my ambassador (Sarah) :roll: :P
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Qulture » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Lol @ the flyer !!

ASEF ...

But ... Mabrook Khaled ! Really ... this should open up some doors in the future ... but will you have a problem getting people to the club on a Wednesday ? Since thursday people have to work , including you ??
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby crow » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Updated the flyer.

@ Q: Honestly man, it is quite a challenge :) Let's see how the first night goes. I am anxious that I might get audio dropouts from Traktor and my laptop while playing. *fingers crossed*

And thanks to everyone for support :D Means a lot!

Sara and Cynthia, buzz me when you're in town
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby A-Cube » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:21 pm

How did the opening night go??

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby crow » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 am

It went pretty well. Sorry for the late response as I just arrived from Beirut yet I am pretty sick. Will update this thread tonight or so.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby crow » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

The first night (which was last week) went pretty well. I arrived late to the club as I was preparing my CDs and was nervous as hell since I did not entirely burn all the music I will be playing that night, so I used Traktor through out the night with 2 CDs playing in 2 other CDJs. Basically used up 4 CDJs. Traktor was running fine, but to avoid any audio drop outs I mixed in and out between my 2 traktor CDJs and the CDs. Thanks a million to Proof and Bxtreme for this!

I played an awesome set regardless of the minimal turn up of people to the club. I gave it my best anyway :)

I'll keep u peeps posted with any further updates.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to News & Events