[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Above & Beyond @ BK, Linköping - REVIEW

Above & Beyond @ BK, Linköping - REVIEW

News and events about DJs, upcoming events, and future releases.

Moderator: MODs

Above & Beyond @ BK, Linköping - REVIEW

Postby Transparance » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:20 pm

So time was about 19.00 and preparty started in my friends house..
There were six people drinking and listening to some old classic trance tunes... awaiting time to become about 22.00...

Some of us got really drunk... swedish people drink alot! But I stayed calm! I really don't need to drink to enjoy this party... Above & Beyond would be enough for me :)

Time flew... and at 22.00 were went to the club... just 5 mins walk from home.

Andreas H played the warm-up set from about 22.30 to 23.30... a perfect warm up containing latest progressive trance and some really nice breakbeat tracks. You could hear him increasing the volume for each song.... louder and louder... better and better. At about 23.20 you could feel the progressive beats pumping in your heart... only 10 mins to go... time for Above & Beyond to enter the DJ booth.
They came to the club in the middle of Andreas H's set, so I took my time and got a picture together with the duo, just guess how happy I was for that picture :)

People went crazy when Above & Beyond started of their set... I'm sorry, but I really don't remember the opening track... there were a lot of breaks anyway.. and second track was swedish Probspot, Foreplay... OMG! PARTY WAS ON!

Jono and Tony seemed to enjoy the crowd alot, and who would not be happy seeing all these people loving every single track you play... and oh, all these girls.. OMG! Breathtaking :)

One thing I hate in these partys is the time flies!! 1 hour feels like one minute! I hate that!

A&B played from 23.30 to 02.00, and I can say I enjoyed every single track! I must say, this is by far one of the best sets I've heard in my life... only set that beats this is Armin van Buuren's set at the Mondaybar Spring Cruise earlier this year.

Here are some of the tracks that I remember... they are not in the right order...

Probspot - Foreplay
Dido - Sand In My Shoes (A&B Remix)
Tilt - The World Doesn't Know (Original)
Above & Beyond - No One On Earth (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Alt F4 - Alt F4
Sonorous - Protonic (Mirco De Govia Remix)
Madonna - What It Feels Like (A&B Remix)
Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (Ferry Corsten Remix)
Super 8 - Cr8 (Original)
Delerium - Silence (A&B Remix)
Oceanlab - Satellite (Original A&B Remix)

Last track "Oceanlab - Satellite" was the the last track... and you can only imagine how the dancefloor looked when Satellite was played... people almost sang louder than the music! People went totaly nuts! They new this was the last track.. this was the climax!
I must say that I didn't expect this one to be played.. But I'm happy the played it and you could not wish for a better finish! Awsome!

So... hands in the air and people was thanking Jono and Tony for a very succesfull set!

Last DJ was Irish. (He isn't from Irland or something like that, he's Swede.. )
Well know DJ in sweden but not so know outside sweden maybe...
He was about to close the party with a 1 h set of uplifting trance and hard trance.
Some people went home but club was still full during the last set.. tracks I remeber from him were:

Gate 42 - Flow (Original)
Signum - First Strike (2004)

And last tracks of the night Cafe Del Mar (Marco V Remix)... what an awsome finish for an awsome party...

Time to go... and man, what a heavy rain outside! But I liked that! Felt so good leaving the club in that rain... like always in sweden, rain rain rain... party was over...

Enjoy some if the pictures:

http://www.liquidsunset.org/photo/photoserie.php?id=241
Official homepage: www.alaa-music.com
Nellie Recordings: www.nellierecordings.com
Transparance
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby samer » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:35 pm

awesome!! A&B proves another time that they can really put up a great show... am glad that this gig wasn't disappointing in any way.. decent tracklist and am sure they played many new promos that we'll all be listening to in the near future..

party on!! :)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby TRANCExual » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:37 pm

Last edited by TRANCExual on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRANCExual
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Dreamboy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:43 pm

[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Transparance » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:13 pm

Transparance
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:56 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Transparance » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:19 am

Transparance
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Deejiuana » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:36 am

pretty niiiice....
i just watched some of the pictures and hmmm, interesting...looks like you people had a great time....

It is not surprising when DJs use the same TL for different gigs (PVD = good example) - but then again, transparance is right, that TL he posted is just a small part of the entire TL....

As for Irish, I once heard of a Swedish DJ - Irish - probably him - i had a friend who stayed in Sweden recently and came back here. he told me about him.

Finally, i think am gonna be going to Sweden next year to live there for a year...i wanna do an exchange program and was thinking of northern europe.

anyway, glad you enjoyed it man....
Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby hani » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:49 pm

no commmenttt
just an awesmome playlist for these 2 awesome guyzzz
hani
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Transparance » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:03 pm

Transparance
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:26 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Transparance » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:47 pm

Transparance
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Deejiuana » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:35 am

Weather? wot's wrong with the weather? is it cold?
does it get worse than 40 degrees celcius below zero? cuz that's wot am gettin now (am in canada)...

anyway, i still have to make up my mind - but sweden was advised by a number of people (including my father) and some swedes here....
too early to talk about that now....
Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Transparance » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:17 am

Transparance
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Transparance » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am