[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - RANKING ABOVE & BEYOND IN DJ MAG

RANKING ABOVE & BEYOND IN DJ MAG

News and events about DJs, upcoming events, and future releases.

Moderator: MODs

RANKING ABOVE & BEYOND IN DJ MAG

Postby AMADEUS » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:59 pm

THEY PROVED TO BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST TRANCE DJ'S AND PRODUCERS IN THE WORLD, AND BEING THE OWNERS OF A HUGE AND SUCCESFUL LABEL COMPANY, ABOVE & BEYOND PRESENTED A NIGHT THAT WE'LL NEVER FORGET IN YEARS TO COME AND PAVED THE WAY FOR BIG TRANCE DJ'S TO SPIN IN LEBANON.

AS AN APPRECIATION AND ADMIRATION FOR THEIR WORKS, RELEASES, SKILLS AND PERFORMANCE, WE AT TRANCEHITS.COM BELIEVE THAT ABOVE & BEYOND STRONGLY DESERVE TO EARN A HIGHLY RANKED (TOP 10) POSITION IN DJ MAG'S VOTINGS FOR 2004, AND WE WOULD LIKE TO ASK ALL TRANCEHITS.COM MEMBERS AND TRANCE FANS TO EXPRESS THIER ADMIRATION AND LOYALTY TO TRANCE MUSIC AND TO ABOVE & BEYOND BY VOTING FOR THEM IN THIS (DJ MAG) WORLDWIDE COMPETITION (www.djmag.com) AND MAKE LEBANON TAKE A SERIOUS PART IN CREATING "THE STARS"...

VIEW www.anjunabeats.com AND SEE MORE ABOUT ABOVE & BEYOND AND THE VOTINGS.
AMADEUS
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:35 pm

well amadeus..no offence..but when PvD played u were overwhelmed,
and now that A&B played ur also overwhelmed..those guys r not freakin
special nor PvD was..i've seen them couple of months ago..
..anyway..just an opinion..i already voted, and that wasn't for them...:p
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby samer » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:53 pm

well Genesis.. Above & Beyond did put up a great show and we were all overwhelmed and not only AMADEUS.. it might be something normal for you (living in London or anywhere else..) but do come live here.. it's very rare to have Trance events.. only this year we had a couple of main trance events.. as for the voting.. well it's a free world.. but i do care to check out whom you did favour in your vote..

Cheerz,
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby e-sam » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:49 pm

e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MalcomX » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:35 am

Malcom X

In Trance Until The Last Moment
MalcomX
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:19 pm

let the best win (hope that won't be tiesto :roll: ) it's just a matter of
different tastes that's all...i don't favor the popular trance sound that
everybody tends to like or at least has the vast majority of clubbers
around th.com...
and by the way, A&B didn't make it last year to top 100..i can't
imagine them in top 10 that soon..
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Roland » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:26 pm

Amadeus I Agree With You ! :)
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby AMADEUS » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:48 pm

AMADEUS
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:08 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Genesis » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:42 pm

well, i clubbed when those two DJs played..but as i said: it's just not my
taste. i think what samEr wrote up there makes the most sense: maybe in
Lebanon they tend to be popular more than here at least. and the fact that
the guys r popular is not to be shaded, but there r more skillful DJs out
there imo that had been struggling for the top. A&B r good producers in
their styles that simply doesn't match mine. PvD however, is a total loser
this year. his last album was so horrible that he got bashed by many of
the musical meliu u talked about and his prizes that he had...
every DJ has ups and downs..tiesto and van Dyk r declining vastly..probably
spining in the olymics or his second DVD will
save tiesto's ass, but van Dyk is way down. A&B will make it to the top
someday but i can't imagine a DJ who saw Sasha, Oakenfold, Digweed,
Seaman, Warren, Klinenberg, and others who played in Lebanon of gr8
skill and track selection getting stunned by likewise the others...
Amadeus, ur a DJ and among the skills that a DJ has and should work on rapidly
besides his mixing skills, elevating style, crowd reading and the rest, is track
selection...it's stunning when u play a cracking tune that
none recognizes..it makes the set special and entitled by the DJs name.. having
a track spun by a number of DJs and spotted in the dancefloor is a down point
imo..the uniqueness of a sound is in its rarity..and
that's what i didn't find in A&B or the MODERN Tiesto and PvD
(respect to their 2002 and backward productions)
once again, it's just my opinion, and i'm sure A&B will make it to the top,
but there r others who really deserve it more 8)

PS: i didn't say it's wrong or wierd to be overwhelmed :roll:
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby bxtreme » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:55 pm

Gen, there are so many djs that never make it on top that are more skillfull than all these.. those djs worked hard too, but whats different is that they got lucky, got the support they needed, made their connections, and were smart enough to go to the top. As for Above & Beyond, i respect them as producers more than DJs, DJing is not their main thing, but I voted for them in order to support them and thank them for their nite in leb. I havent seen many DJs spin yet, so i dont think its right to vote for sasha, zabiela, etc without seeing them live...
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby AMADEUS » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:28 pm

well Genesis I won't reply to all what you wrote cause time is precious but you're simply in a different galaxy!
AMADEUS
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Lza » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:10 am

well i already voted and for sure i voted for them !

:l: :z: :a:
Lza
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Thirix » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:15 am

Genesis man,if u belive tiesto might make it cos of the olympics or his concerts,and that pvd is a loser,and that a&b r not good enough,who do u like then?u just disrespected the worlds top trance djs/producers.i mean,im not trying to be rude or anything,no offence and all but im just curious who that dj is,that is better than all these.avb?ferry?
ミ彡 Ďĵ Ť ђ ї ř ї ㄨ
䦂䦃䦅䦟䲡䲭䴔䴗䶮䦂--> smoke weed,fly high,get drunk,scott bond.
Thirix
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Genesis » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:18 pm

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Next

Return to News & Events