[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Mr. Sam @ B.O. 18 ~ review

Mr. Sam @ B.O. 18 ~ review

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Mr. Sam @ B.O. 18 ~ review

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:05 am

Let me start off by paying my respects to the organizers behind tonight's party. They do deserve respect for all the hard work and sweat they poured for achieving their success, but more importantly they deserve respect for standing out in the local scene and proving that organizing a successfull event is not solely in the hands of one side.

We arrived at the club rather early when Fadi Ferreye was still warming up with his typical BO House taste. The club was already getting progressively packed with mose of us impatiently awaiting Black Hole's own Mr. Sam to finally make his presence, which he did at around 1:30A.M.

At around 1:45A.M. the man of the night took over the decks, proudly wearing a Magik Muzik shirt, and opened up his set with a progressivish tune followed by his very own recent hit Lyteo which literally kick-started the night. The crowd was already interacting with the music and an obvious harmony was beginning to formulate between the party-goers and the party-maker.

As usual, the TH crew started identifying the tracks hammered by Mr. Sam one after the other, and SamEr and I were able to unveil a good number of the tunes played; unfortunately we couldn't stay too long to issue a full tracklist, but what we were able the pinpoint will be posted tomorrow by SamEr.

I was expecting a harder set from Sam, but it seems he prefers to mix in a blend of the different sub-genres of Trance, with a touch of Progressive House on the way, so variety was the key denominator of the set. He managed to keep the crowd going at the pace he chose, and slammed in a stomper every now and then to really make us ache.

As I said, we had to leave early, so I have no idea how the party went on, but it was already clear in what direction the entire night was going, and it surely isn't a disappointing direction. The only disappointing aspect was the location of the DJ booth that, in my opinion as a critical reviewer and not as a "bayeed wijj", is an insult to a DJ frm the calibre of Mr. Sam. But that didn't stop him from pulling out a decent set, nor did it stop the crowd from enjoying their time to the fullest.

All in all, a great debut from Black Hole on Lebanese soil, and as I was promised: "this is only the beginning". Once again, all my respects to the organizers, especially to Rafi, for giving us something different, something well-organized, and something that we use as a reference of success beyond the scope of our usual event organizers.

Keep an open eye on these guys and expect much more from them in the (hopefully near) future!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby JAD » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:18 am

what an AMAZING night! I REALLY enjoyed Mr. sams mixing and taste of music... pleasure to the ears...! he kept the crows going.. and never got us bored...

and add "tears from the moon" to the list. not kidding..!
JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby e-sam » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:55 am

Great night and party. At this pace Lebanon will definitely become the EDM capital of the Middle East (excluding Israel).

A variety of tunes and a nice taste of selection add to it the amazing sky view every now and then. Sadly we had to leave early but we left happy and satisfied.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Roland » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:09 am

Im Glad You Guys Had A Great Night :) Any Pictures ?!
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby addicted_2_trance » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:14 pm

hey guys im glad u had a memorable night but im sad 2 coz i couldnt be there coz im sick anyway we will enjoy other trance nights together and hope to meet u all soon
addicted_2_trance
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Tala » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:25 pm

i'm happy to know you enjoyed your time yesterday.. still more to come, till then be prepared!!!!!
Tala
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby addicted_2_trance » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:19 pm

addicted_2_trance
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Shy--Ism » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:14 pm

The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:58 pm

Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:22 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby jayc » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:37 pm

guysssss ... mr.sam kept playing a tune from a song .. like he mixed it in with other songs more than once .. from wat song does that tune/beat come from???? urghhh lol .. i cant get it out of my head .. and iv been trying to figure out wat song its from but i cant .. and im sure iv got it on my computer ..

i know my info. is very vague .. bas still like it was noticeable .. like he played it 3/4times
any help?
jayc
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby bxtreme » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:05 pm

im guessing Lyteo?
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Tantra » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:13 pm

umm on normal nights its not allowed to take pics in b0 correct me if i am wrong! i diddnt go due to some complications! im just very happy for raPHY...
Tantra
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:15 pm

Indeed, it's his latest prodcution called Lyteo. While I was there (from the beginning of his set until 3), he had played the original mix and the Rank 1 remix one time each, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he re-played them during the night to promote the release. A move that is business-wise right but music-wise wrong in my opinion... but at least we weren't hearing a bad track getting repeated!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby ~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~ » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:28 pm

[color=blue]The [МŨ
~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Next

Return to Reviews & Pics