[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Review: Danny Tenaglia at FDB, Lebanon [05.06.2010]

Review: Danny Tenaglia at FDB, Lebanon [05.06.2010]

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Review: Danny Tenaglia at FDB, Lebanon [05.06.2010]

Postby Shy--Ism » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:34 am

Living in harmony with my sacred projects and studies, I had to sneak out and type down brief words about this night.

Personally I’ve always presumed that listening to old-school music and Global Underground albums was enough to introduce me to an exceptional Electronic Music era pioneered by Danny Tenaglia. However, I am gladly ready to affirm that I was wrong. There are several reasons I can easily relate to this affirmation, and Saturday night was a live proof to that as Danny Tenaglia should be witnessed performing behind the DJ booth at least once a lifetime.

I arrived to the venue when DJ Nicole Moudaber was taking care of the warm-up. She did an absolutely brilliant job; I loved the warm-up to bits. I haven’t heard such a groovy, coherent, sophisticated music for a long time. Nicole kept us getting pleasure of every single beat with all the incorporated short melodies that touched us inside-out and completed a magical sentiment. The type of music she kept on playing was fascinatingly diverse; her interaction with the music and the crowd was lovely. Nicole Moudaber showed great skills behind the DJ booth, transitions were in general well refined. Very well done!

Danny Tenaglia took over decks right after the warm-up set. His presence added lots of charm to the dance-floor and Danny kicked off with an intense intro which appealed quite well to the crowd. The first hour consisted of a mixture of various sounds that kept people moving. The following hours were richer in my opinion, more solid material, deep house elements as well as tech to techno-ish beats adding up a lot of groove to the spirit. To be honest I am not a big fan of vocals when it come to house music (with exceptions though), however Danny Tenaglia put acapellas and vocals as well as instrumental pieces into use by playing recent productions alongside old-school flavored material, lots of influences originating from New York, Chicago, and Detroit’s musical suburbs. Technically speaking he was in general great, intense at moments,quite funky at other moments and constantly alternating yet breaking the routine somehow. His sets have always been hard to keep in the library, thus I’m glad I witnessed a performance of a living icon at least once in my Life.

I wish I could write more about Danny Tenaglia’s extended set, but I left way before it ended since I was exhausted. I haven’t heard any feedback about Jade & Diamond’s setter after-hours set hence a comment about it is kindly appreciated.

Set-up was cool, loved the 3-D head idea and lights/LED screens were trippy.
Sound-system was also great, crystal clear on some vocals for instance and almost fairly distributed on all sections.

Crowd wise let’s say average quality as in all good events. Less crowded than previous successful Poliakov gigs, but it was still filled up and people had bit more room to enjoy and dance!

Organization and service were again excellent.
Thank you Poliakov & NRJ for bringing Danny Tenaglia to Lebanon, it’s certainly a date to mark in our calendars :).
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: Review: Danny Tenaglia at FDB, Lebanon [05.06.2010]

Postby samer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:20 pm

and now? back again to projects and studies?! :)
thanks for the great review Sarah! glad you had fun! :):)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby samlbronkowitz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:39 am

this is why Danny T doesn't allow anyone to record his sets because every single one has original elements in it: acapellas, edits, new remixes that aren't released etc. Whether you like his music or not, he always brings an element of surprise and creates an unbelievable show. Really sorry I missed it, but glad Beirut got to experience the Meister.

Please someone tell me ACube was there--its his damn avatar for the love of God!!!!
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:15 pm

NO he wasn't! :evil:
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby A-Cube » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:25 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby FidelStokes » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:22 am

Really sorry I missed it, but glad Beirut got to experience the Meister.
A New Generation of DVDs, the Key to Getting Lucky in
FidelStokes
New Trancer
New Trancer

Return to Reviews & Pics