[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Review : Susana , Micho , Najib , Hassan H , Q at Time Out

Review : Susana , Micho , Najib , Hassan H , Q at Time Out

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Review : Susana , Micho , Najib , Hassan H , Q at Time Out

Postby Qulture » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:07 pm

ON Thursday , April 15th , Time Out Amman , at the Kempinski Hotel , hosted vocalits Susana , with a line up of 4 other Jordanian Djs . Micho , Najib , Q , and Hassan H .

I walked in the place around 10.45 , with what i thought was supposed to be an opening set by Micho , to my surprise , I found Micho playing full trance , with a high bpm and high energy at 10.45 !! I respect what each Dj plays , and how they do it , but i think that its wrong to start off the night in such a way , progression must be built from the start of the night to its end . After Micho's set , came Najib . He played a good set , alot of progressive beats building up the night , it would have been a perfect transition, if Micho had played a regular openining set .

The crowd was all about vocals and melodies ! You can tell what kind of crowd they were , by them singing to the vocal tracks played . They were all waiting and cheering for Susana , and the place was filling up quickly .

Then the time came for Susana to start her performance . I didnt expect a good performance , because last 2 times i saw a vocalist perform live , it wasnt a really good experience . I saw Jes in Petra and Rachell Starr at Flow , and both performances sounded very bad , nothing like what they sound like in the studio or on their tracks !

People were cheering louder and louder , Susana ! Susana ! I even heard some say Armin , Armin , Armin !!! LOL !!

She came on , and to my surprise , sounded very good live ! Almost exactly the same as in her tracks ! I checked if she was lip sinking , but it was all live , trust me ! People loved her performance , and she actually had a good time and had to do an encore for the crowd . Some of the tracks she performed :

Susana feat. Jorn van Deynhoven - Never Mine
Armin Van Buuren Feat Susana - Shivers
Armin Van Buuren Feat Susana - If You Should Go
Rex Mundi Feat. Susana - Nothing At All

and a couple of more tracks taken from her album , Closer , that is getting released very soon .

Then was my time to go on , i really had no clue what to play , because i wasnt expecting the night to be all about vocal and melodic trance . So , i just decided to try a couple of tracks out and take it from there , i started with Dj Shog - I Finally Found ( Martin Roth remix ) , which has a nice intro to it , and anyone who knows me , knows very well how i like to start with an intro ! :)

The crowd was responsive and liked it , but i could tell they wanted more , they were the type of crowd that would go to an Armin , Tiesto , Ferry etc ... concerts . So it all should be about vocals and melodies . I stepped it up a notch , and went more trancy on their asses !! They loved it , singing , dancing , jumping , it was insane ! The energy level was off the charts ! It was a blast !!

Then it was Hassan's time to hit the decks , and when we started talking before i finished my set , we decided to give the crowd a surprise , and play a back 2 back set ! After the MC announced our decision , it was pure madness , playing classics , house , progressive , trance , anything that we want ! Messing around with mixer , it was a blast !

Overall a nice night , i dont know if the place is suitable for such an even , since its a sports bar . But it was well organized , the crowd was very energetic , but ratio of men to women was not very good , especially towards the end . Susana did a really good job , and all the djs who played on thursday were very good ! Keep up the good work !

Some of the tracks i remember :

Dj Shog - I Finally Found ( Martin Roth remix )
Boom Jinx and Jaytech - Milano
Esmae - Speak
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition ( Axwell & Dirty South remix )
Dirty South & Mark Knight - Stopover
Gaia - Tuvan ( Gareth Emery remix )
Tomcraft - Loneliess ( ID REMIX )
Luke Shipstad & Dylan Warren - Blackberry ( Raneem remix )
Sting & Cheb Mami - Desert Rose ( Raneem remix )
Medina - You & I ( Dash Berlin remix )
Richard Durand - Always the Sun ( Roger Shah remix )
Armin Van Buuren - In and Out of Love ( Playmen Bootleg )
Cerf , Mitiska & Jaren - Beggin You ( Armin Van Buuren remix )
Ashley Wallbridge - Harmonies
Cressida - 6 AM ( Kyau & Albert remix )
John O'Callaghan - Find Yourself ( Cosmic Gate remix )

Thats all i can remember for now , i am sure some playlists will surface on the internet soon . Alot of the tracks Hassan played were kick ass ... but i didnt know their names ! The chemistry Hassan and I have playing back 2 back is really good , we've decided to do more events together in the future !

Some Random Pics i took ... i dont have a facebook account , but i am sure you will find alot of other pics of facebook . If you do , please post them here . Thanx

ImageImage
ImageImage
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Re: Review : Susana , Micho , Najib , Hassan H , Q at Time O

Postby Raneem » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Glad to hear it was a Success Q..
Hope all the next ones are too!! :D
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby samer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:02 pm

knowing ur crowd is essential i guess! it's excellent that you managed to figure out your crowd from the start. I guess people who would go to an event with a "vocalist" will surely fall under the "singing" category! glad that your successfully managed to give the peeps what they want, in a quality way of course!
supporting Raneem was cool from you too! now you're guaranteed some delicious sweets whenever you hit lebanese soil :P
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Genesis » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:21 pm

^ He'd better hit lebanese soil when I hit it otherwise, I might have to hit to Jordan myself and hit him for not hitting lebanese soil in the first place.

The venue looked cozy and private - just my kind of place!!
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Lol ...

i will hopefuly make it Lebanon this summer for a couple of events inshala !! I have been saying this for the past year , but i havent been lucky at all ... !!

Unless someone calls me up and tells me to come play somewhere in Lebanon ... !!

:twisted:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Genesis » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:13 pm

^ If that J00F gig couldn't get you out of Jordan, then nothing else will.

Therefore, you suck.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:56 pm

^

I agree .... !! I suQ !!!

:wink:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby samer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby crow » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:45 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Raneem » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:54 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Qulture » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 am

Lol ...

Khaled , she was having a blast ! After her performance , she kept on coming on stage , dancing , taking photos with us ! Good times !
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:53 am

Some new " random pics i just got "

Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Return to Reviews & Pics