[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - If Michael Jordan can do it, why not me?

If Michael Jordan can do it, why not me?

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

If Michael Jordan can do it, why not me?

Postby A-Cube » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:40 pm

I know that DJing was a thing that dwindled in the priorities ladder over the last year or so. A week ago, I was asked to perform at a university event. Knowing the crowd ears, I had low expectations when came the positive shock: Play what you usually play. Having not updated the CD case in a year and having failed to update consistently the PC library, there was a lot of work to be done. A quick visit to beatport (yes I bought a few tracks, don't giggle) and I braced myself for a 90-120 minute set. To the venue now, where due to a minor technical problem, I could not perform the thorough sound check, and having not boarded decks in over 8 months, the frustration emerged. I kicked off my set with some techno tracks (mostly old since I am not familiar at all with the new techno releases), and you could just feel the rustiness. A couple of off-beat transitions and some errors here and there were enough to throw me off-guard. That's when I said to myself:"Screw techno, bring out the prog!!!" So I mixed out the last track and threw George F Zimmer - Departure. That was the beginning of the hostilities and a 180-degree switch in both performance and music. I have to say I rarely enjoyed playing a similar set. You could just feel the crowd bouncing and reacting, which was a lovely surprise. Slowly but surely the rhythm started gaining momentum to the highlight of my night. A track I've been dying ever since I got it to test it live. That night was the biggest chance I had to play it. So after Ethan North and Seventh Son - Adagio For Strings came out Latigidi - It's Time (Antidote's Elektrified Remix). You heard me right. The reaction was huge to it, and you could feel the people digging that breakdown and that stunning bass. I ended my set with yet another prog bomb Dakota - Chinook which was also very much appreciated by the crowd. This is where the set ended to a rare ovation by the crowd. I just loved every single second of it. And the best part of the story is that the whole set has been recorded. I will probably remove the first part which does not live up to the standards of decent DJing, but will let you know as soon as the set is up. Videos will also be coming up soon. Gosh, can't say I didn't miss this feeling.

PS I think I also met 2 Thers. They will have to excuse me for not remembering their faces or their aliases on the forum. It was nice meeting you and seeing you out there.

Le Cube

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: If Michael Jordan can do it, why not me?

Postby Genesis » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:18 pm

My favourite Cube has come out of retirement!!!! Of course you'd miss it you square-headed idiot! What did you think?

Delighted!!!

Cube, it doesn't have to be all or nothing when it comes to DJing and keeping on top of things. We all have jobs and commitments; we're not 16-year-olds on Mirc anymore.
And I'll stap you a quote: "All or nothing is easy. But doing it in moderation and knowing when to start and stop is discapline. True discapline comes from witheen." (Stan Marsh, South Park, Bloody Mary episode)

Glad you had a good time!!
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby lebanese_raver » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Welcome back, enjoyyy!

actually yeah, screw techno, been listening and playing lots of low BPM tracks, max 127. Looking forward for the set and videos.
lebanese_raver
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby crow » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Cube, welcome back man :)
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Awesome, welcome back mate!

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Qulture » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:33 am

Hehehehehehehehhe ... !!

As the wise Arnej always says ... " They always keep coming back ..... "

Cube , your prog style is brilliant , mabrook , and hope this will be the start of another fresh start for you !!

Latigidi .... !!!!!! :twisted:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Shy--Ism » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:57 am

It was could to see you pulling it off without a frenchy hand-cast this time ! Well done, now what's your follow through plan Cubey?
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:15 pm

And why was I not invited?
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby crow » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Cuz you're black
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Nicktalopia » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:14 pm

cube, never thought you'd make a comeback but glad you did. :wink:
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:19 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to Reviews & Pics