[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Review: Ferry Corsten live at FDB, Beirut Lebanon (21.11.09)

Review: Ferry Corsten live at FDB, Beirut Lebanon (21.11.09)

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Review: Ferry Corsten live at FDB, Beirut Lebanon (21.11.09)

Postby Shy--Ism » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:50 pm

While even Lebanese people were being displaced and leaving abroad in summer 2006, a daring Dutch ally had the guts to perform the first DJ act right after a devastating regional war, and fetched the hope in many wrecked hearts. A party for peace was the outcome of such fiery spirit, and Ferry Corsten proved once again his loyalty to the music industry as a brilliant Dj/Producer.

Yesterday night was another historical event to be well marked in our list of gigs and parties. Lebanese clubbers had the chance to experience a long awaited concept that has been invading the trance music scene: the ‘Twice in a Blue Moon Experience’ thanks to Poliakov in collaboration with NRJ.

I arrived to Forum De Beyrouth at around 12:30 AM, only to catch up to the last 30 minutes of Solarstone’s opening set. The atmosphere was magical, filled with uplifting vibes and nostalgic moments. Solarstone’s music was clearly obviously predicted, progressive beats sustained by a melodious background, a sample of what Solarstone has been offering to the scene throughout his DJing years. By also dropping a number of his original productions, Rich Mowatt kept interating with the crowd and setting their mood up to the right standards of the main act. The crowd loved it and the night seemed well at its beginning. I am pretty sure that many Trance Music fans had gone crazy especially on the tracks that are considered Trance Anthems.

Ferry Corsten took over the decks at 1:00 AM, presenting a delightful intro for his main DJ set. The blissful look on many faces seemed universal at the venue, completing joyful facial traits that lasted the entire night. Ferry Corsten kicked off with a harder tempo, edgier and well refined. His DJing techniques shined through harmonious transitioning as well as looping, manufacturing tracks and restructuring them in an esthetic manner. An expedition of loud ferocious electronic music happened to blend with elegant background of vocals and melodies. Betsie Larking then stepped in, a vocalist who was featured on three of Corsten’s current infamous productions, and eventually excelled with her lovely tender voice. Mutual musing between the DJ and the crowd was clearly noticeable, and a vivid ambience of such a musical dialog pushed many people to dance and get pleasure of every single minute. Ferry Corsten kept on offering pleasant music and couldn’t but drop some of his “Best Of” productions throughout the past decade, bringing back not only the image of Corsten himself but also a brief parallel reminder of System F.

I left before Ronin & Nesta 's closing as I was extremely exhausted yesterday night, hence any feedback concerning their performance would be appreciated.

Sound system in the regular, VIP and VVIP area was great! Credits go to a number of 48 bass boxes installed right below the DJ booth in additional to the usual elevated amplifiers (they were probably 28, or?). It’s also needless to say that the new disposition of the three sections was in parallel to the DJ-booth, which offered a fair sound propagation (we could also hear Betsie's voice clearly without any sort of corruption). Well done!
Crowd wise, it was not bad at all. It was not the best crowd though, yet not at its worse. I think it was fairly good for a gig on such a large scale. Entrance organization did a good job.

Lights & Lasers were mind-blowing. High quality multi-colored lasers exported straight from Germany turned the venue upside down. Light effects were nice too, especially with such a pricey setup consisting of two gigantic LED screens exposing stylish VJ-ing during the whole night.

Nice decoration (white curtains, giant white balls, glowsticks … etc), dancing choreographies and so on.
Poliakov’s bar management was also well organized.

Overall, I think yesterday’s gig was a successful night despite some difficulties. Current uplifting and Tech Trance listeners must have enjoyed it more than anyone else. I am personally looking forward for more of Poliakov & NRJ’s future work as it doesn’t stop getting better.

Thank you!
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: Review: Ferry Corsten live at FDB, Beirut Lebanon (21.11.09)

Postby Qulture » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:26 pm

:cry:

i sooo wanted to be there !!
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby wael » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Ronin and Nesta played for like 10 or 15 min and then the Event was shut down, since it is independence day, and there is a "mane3 tajawwol".

bass overall the event was simply amazing, one for the trance purists.
" T.R.Y.I.N.G is the 1st step towards failure" Homer J Simpson

wael
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:21 pm

^me too :(

Damn info theory midterm!! :evil:

Tracklist anyone?
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby crow » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:04 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DonSerj » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:47 pm

2 words:
Mind Blowing!

One of the greatest sets I have ever heard!!!
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 pm

^ I have one word: SPEECHLESS!! :mrgreen:

By far one of the best events EVER!! I missed A&B's event in July but after hearing friends' opinions and seeing yesterday's event i'm convinced that Poliakov is a serious and professional organizer and is becoming only better!

Solarstone... oh god, Shyism too bad you weren't there at 11pm! First hour PURE Prog Trance (with a few tracks from his perfect masterpiece Electronic Architecture), second hour more uplifting to the point that i stopped believing it's a warmup... but who cares?! Solarstone confirmed his legendary status with a legendary set! It was a 100% melodic set which is something very rare nowadays. For me that's just perfect! Rich Mowatt is also a nice guy! Hopefully i'll have another chance to listen to his live sets, i'm in love with him! :mrgreen:

Ferry Corsten... deserves the superlegend status! He's by far one of the very best DJs, always smiling, always happy with the crowd, and always choosing the best tracks at the right moment. I saw him 5 times and he didn't disappoint me even once!! If that's not perfection then i dunno what it can be called. Nevermind! His set was breathtaking! Not only talented DJ and musician, he's also a very friendly, down to earth, funny and open person! :)

Some tracks that i know and remember from the 2 DJs:
Solarstone's set:
Majera - Believe
Bot Cipryan - Astral Breeze
Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (some remix...)
Solarstone - 7 Cities (i think it was a remix, i'm still recovering so i don't remember well!)
Solarstone - Solar Coaster

Ferry's set (not in order):
Beautiful
Obviously most of the TIABM Remixes, for example Brain Box (Marlo Remix)
Twice In A Blue Moon
Made Of Love
We Belong
Radiocrash
CARTE BLANCHE
Out Of The Blue (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix - to be released in 2010) <=== OH MY GOD!!!
LEF
Punk
Fire
Binary Finary - 1999 (Ferry Corsten Remix, or maybe it's Gouryella Remix)
Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Remix) as the last track of the event
I'm not sure if there was a Gouryella track played...

EDIT
Solarstone also played:
Young Parisians - Jump The Next Train (Kyau & Albert Remix)

Ferry:
Akesson - Flavour Park (Original Mix)
Super8 & Tab - Irufushi

Carte Blanche was the last track of the event, Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Remix) before last :)
Last edited by TranceFusion on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:17 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Armind » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 pm

solarstone also played his own track "Release (some remix)" a greaaaaaaat melodic one!
Armind
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby reemze » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 pm

YOU FORGOT BLACK VELVET!

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK VELLLLLLLLLLLVETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
reemze
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:40 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 pm

Wait For It ..............

1st WAVE! :twisted:

Made Of LOVE

Black Velvet

FIRE:

not the best quality .. :oops: bs yalla.. :P!

More to Come .. soon! ;)!
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Shanti

Twice In A Blue Moon
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DiabloK » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:20 am

amazing party! loved it! not a big ferry fan, actually i liked the 1st 2 hours the most. Solarstone was... stunning!

big night for poliakov and nrj! as organizers were telling friend of mine, ferry never attracted so many people at a gig in Lebanon! lots of people followed organizers' call and confirmed that they are thirsty for concepts and vibes and pr that have been dramatically lacking the past couple of years from lebanon's edm scene.

on Saturday, all the elements were there to make clubbers have a comfy, homey, quality night: excellent sound system, the best ever. for once ALL sections in vip and vvip as well as regulars could have a clear loud quality sound. club feeling that makes it feel cosy and unpretentious. impressive DJ booth, and simple decor, not unnecessarily pretentious and totally filled with people, no lies to make the venue looks filled as it was really filled! smiling staff and organisers, friendly party which of course created REAL homey happy vibes!

very happy to see poliakov i.e. ex-bacardi back in action as these guys were pioneers in edm and have been into event organizing for over a decade, made mixfm what they are now, and deserve their place in event organizing now as the scene lacks of quality. after the pacha party and A&B, this party confirmed GVS come back, with a prime partner, nrj, who has the means and the will to improve and listen to advises.

we want more! a house - tech dj would be awesome please :)
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon
DiabloK
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Next

Return to Reviews & Pics