[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Review: Above & Beyond @ La Marina Dbayye [18-07-09]

Review: Above & Beyond @ La Marina Dbayye [18-07-09]

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Re: Review: Above & Beyond @ La Marina Dbayye [18-07-09]

Postby samer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:28 pm

wow! sounds like a night to remember!! good for everyone that managed to attend.. i would've loved to experience the live music but i noticed that many are complaining about the breaks between the tracks.. well am not a real expert in live performances but i would think it's very hard to keep on playing live non-stop! i've never heard of anyone doing so before.. i guess they need the break to catch a breath and start over with each new track/song. Remember ppl this is real LIVE and not a mixer! not to mention it's their first ever so be proud! :mrgreen:

oh did i say that i hate you all?!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby DonSerj » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:53 pm

The event was absolutely amazing, mesmerizing, a night to remember indeed!!
It's normal to have breaks between songs on a live set, they're performing it live, they can't mix the songs in live performance lol.
They played the original mix for Greece 2000. They also performed Liquid love.
As for the closing set, a good number of people stayed to listen to Jaytech's superbbbbbbbbbbb set!
They kept asking for more and Jaytech had to stop.
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby moudire » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:40 pm

moudire
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Shy--Ism » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 am

A live set performance can be mixed in fact, however this differs from types of Electronic Music as well as the intruments available on stage. For instance, I can hardly imagine the drummer beat-matching :) .
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Nicktalopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:15 am

A drummer trying to beat-match a song running at 140bpm
that'd be fun to watch :lol:
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Johnny » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:40 pm

and I finally recovered from what I call a hectic and out of this world weekend!! I don't remember the last time I had so much fun!! I can simply say that the night felt like a minute or less because whoever was there was put in such a state of euphoria... Above and Beyond made us forget we're on planet earth and took us to heaven with such an amazing show with every aspect whether it was music or sound or light or setup etc... it was just magical and simply beautiful. there's no other words to describe it. I was personally on a 72 hour non stop mission of taking care of the whole crew and I couldn't feel my legs and my eyes were humping each others but when I got to witness what was planned for the entire evening i just forgot that I need to rest, sleep and even eat :lol: ... it all went away like magic!!! so in a couple of words thanks a lot to Poliakov vodka for this wonderful experience and to Above and Beyond of course and to the whole crew of over 16 people flying over with them. You really made my and Lebanon's night!!!

Pics and videos coming soon get ready people ;) see u soon at the next mindblowing event :)

and on a final note: If Above and Beyond wanted to beatmatch the live set they could have done it, it was simply their choice because of many obvious and also hidden reasons. After this I doubt that the guys can find anything hard to do :) and Nick the drummer was playing at 140 bpm you should have seen him!!
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Live acts can easily mix their performances, a good example would be the lads known as Bookashade who have been at it live for a long time and their sets are always mixed properly with an awesome flow.

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Marquis » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:52 pm

just to pinpoint a few things:

1- About the live set's breaks between each track: unlike a Guy Borato or a Bookashade or any other techno live act, this live was different as it included music instruments and vocals and different tempos + it's something new done by the trio, decided 2 months ago, so basically, they didn't have the possibility to mix the tracks. They needed a lot of preparation and for info, they stayed one month none stop in the studio to be able to deliver a quasi perfect live (technically speaking). We were indeed kind of lab rats, but hey, we were also the 1st country and crowd to witness a live set by the trio and also, it was the 1st time such a concept is played in Lebanon (it reminded me of the Underworld / Orbital / Chemical Bros old concerts, excluding the style of music that was played). So basically, on July 18th @ La Marina, we had 2 events regrouped into one (a party AND a concert), and the presence of the live made it different from any other regular "rave". Some people didn't like it of course and it's normal, but the majority did. A proof: the venue was still at least 75-80% filled at 5 AM when A&B were finishing the Live. It was a musical festival and music lovers loved it.

2- As requested by A&B, the sound wasn't put at full capacity until they took command (ie during R&N and Jaytech sets, it was working at less than full capacity) and the lighting was not used at full capacity until the live. It was the trio wish.
Marquis
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:13 pm

whoever can't handle a small tiny pause/break in between tracks really needs to start taking weaker drugs! U dont need to be "ON" for the full 7hrs ;)

concept sounds really interesting, again the type of thing to happen in Beirut only!
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:59 pm

I really don't have anything to say as I am still brokenhearted for being compelled to miss out on this historic night due to work commitments abroad. I just want to congratulate and applaud my very good friends in the organization team for pulling this off, truly a landmark moment in Lebanon's nightlife history. I envy those who attended and pity those who didn't, including myself.

Marquis - good to see you here! It's been much too long my friend...

Carlo - I'll be reviewing you again very soon ;)
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby pouta » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:38 pm

does anyone have any idea when will the DVD be released, and where can we get it ?
pouta
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby RocK » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Any tracklist by any chance?!
" Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, In Trance We Trust! "
RocK
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby DonSerj » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Warmup by Jaytech:
Holden & Thompson - Nothing (Ad Brown Mix)
Jaytech - Pepe's Garden

DJ Set by Above&Beyond:
Secret (Andrew Bayer Remix) - Above & Beyond Pres. Oceanlab
Sign Of The Times - Cosmic Gate
Are You? (Club Mix 1) - Ronski Speed
Biscayne - Elevation
Nothing But You (Super8 & Tab Remix) - Paul Van Dyk
Greece 2000 (Original mix) - Three Dives
On A Good Day (Above & Beyond Club Mix) - Above & Beyond Pres. Oceanlab
Just Listen (Myon & Shane 54 Remix) - Above & Beyond Pres. Oceanlab <-------------- B O M B

Live Set by Above&Beyond:
Above & Beyond - Air For Life (Live)
Above & Beyond ft Zoe Johnston - Can't Sleep (Live)
Above & Beyond ft Zoe Johnston - No One On Earth (Live)
Above & Beyond ft Richard Bedford - Sun & Moon (Live / Unreleased Yet)
Above & Beyond ft Zoe Johnston - Good For Me (Live)
Above & Beyond ft Richard Bedford - Alone Tonight (Live)
Above & Beyond ft Zoe Johnston - Satellite (Live)

Closing set by Jaytech:
Groove Nova (Oliver Smith Tech Remix) - Jaytech
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Rabba DonSerj..
The Mixed Set By A&B was Really Sick :twisted: ...
and Of Course No need To Talk abt the Live Show..
Great Track list ! :D
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews & Pics