[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Armin Van Buuren Official Review May 09, 2009

Armin Van Buuren Official Review May 09, 2009

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Armin Van Buuren Official Review May 09, 2009

Postby e-sam » Mon May 11, 2009 12:41 pm

I will say this at the very beginning if you missed this event SHAME ON YOU! (Folks living abroad are excused)

Lebanon was eagerly waiting for this event and tickets were selling on the fly. I arrived around 11 PM and the place was already packing up with the masses. The security at the very beginning was very strict and this is a very positive sign of rules enforcement. Even if you look like my grandpa you MUST show your ID or you will be denied entrance. The organization of the place inside was unique. The VIP are at the outer layer (high elevation) then followed by the VVIP (medium elevation) and in the middle the Regular (ground). From a bird view it is a U-Shape which spreads all over Biel! This shape will show its magic later when Armin's imagine messages start to broadcast. I will come to this later. When I arrived my friend Amadeus was wrapping up his opening set for DJ Remy to start the warm up for the man of the night AvB. I didn't have the chance to hear much of the opening so I'll leave it for someone else to review it. As for the warm up I can safely say that DJ Remy did a great job as he slowly puts us in the mood for Armin to blow us away. At this time the place was PACKED as in maybe 15,000? I am not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the official figure of the attendees announced by the organizer. As soon as Armin stepped on the booth our friend MadJam introduced him and everyone went crazy! Not only had the clubbers gone crazy but also BIEL. The lighting, fireworks, go-go dancers, lasers & visuals were determined to make this night a memorial one. The imagine messages added the AvB flavor and reminded me of his set in Los Angeles USA at New Year's Eve. I would like to thank the VJ deeply from my heart for his amazing work in synchronizing some tracks with its official video clip. Kudos you did a great job! Now I will return to the U-shape I mentioned previously and promised to get back to. There was a period I would like to flashback to so maybe you will visualize yourself in the moment we lived in. It goes like this:

Visual messages: Imagine a world with no light...
Visual messages: What would it be like? (At this point BIEL is completely DARK!)
Visual messages: Please put your hands in the air
Visual messages: Use the light of your cellular

and guess what? Everyone responded and the view was BREATH TAKING! The U-shaped made this moment a historic one. I only hope Mix FM took a video feed for this event because it can be easily made into a DVD and am sure many including myself will buy one. Another moment to tackle is the fireworks. I remember a youtube link my friend Mazen gave me for DJ Preach in Holland where at the very beginning of his set fireworks flew over the clubbers back & forth. Back then I wondered when we will have this in Lebanon. Last Saturday it came true. Fireworks missiles whistled above the regular area back & forth at different intervals. It was simply perfect! Overall Mix FM, BO 18 and everyone behind this event did a splendid job. The degree of professionalism & the obvious HARD work put into this event proved fruitful.

With all the positive aspects of this event there are some negative ones that are worth mentioning. First and most important is the sound coverage in the VIP area. Some areas of the VIP are out of range. I've also noticed (after 3 AM) few BO 18 staff getting tipsy/drunk and partying ignoring the VIP customer's requests. Last but not least, I was surprised with the fact that Armin did some technical errors. Although personally I don't care but a man of his caliber should be flawless.

Until next time stay cool, party hard & drive back home safe :)
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Qulture » Mon May 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Sounds like a great night ... i almost made it with a couple of friends , but everything fell apart last minute !!

What technical errors did Armin make ?

The problem of neglecting the sound in the VIP area is soo common ... i dont know why promoters / organizers cant seem to get this issue right !?

i want to see a tracklist or an attempt to put one together plz ...

how long did he play for ?
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TranceFusion » Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 pm

^ 5 hours from 1am to 6am. Rania will post the tracklist soon :)
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ..!߮ah » Mon May 11, 2009 2:48 pm

he played for 5 hours...frm 1 till 6am... anyone tracklist please?
..!߮ah
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby RoNiN » Mon May 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Please someone review the music!
MUSIC people...
M.U.S.I.C!!!

Number one DJ my a**!
Bookings: bookings@beirutinthemix.com
My Space:
You Tube:
Facebook:
Web:

RoNiN & Nesta on NRJ MASTERMIX - Fridays, 10pm
RoNiN
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Roland » Mon May 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Exactly, please someone review the music !!!

Armin has no idea how to put a a nice tracklist when he's playing live, a bangin tune followed by a melodic tune ... it killed the mood !!

few mistakes ?! the world's #1 DJ didnt mix any track probably ... it was so clear, he was off-beat all the time ... sometimes he scratched .. or cut into the next track lool i know a bit funny and unbeleivable ...
as Ronald said Number one DJ my a**!!

Armin's 2005 experience was totally different .. !
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby ash k » Mon May 11, 2009 6:12 pm

What Is The Awsome Concert !!!

please , The Track list as soon as possible . :)
ash k
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Johnny » Mon May 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DonSerj » Mon May 11, 2009 8:25 pm

I don't know if this expresses how I feel:

I still didn't recover from Saturday night!!!
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Mon May 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks Johnny :D

I'll give my review soon, hopefully on Wednesday evening (i have to work on a uni project for Wednesday class). I have a couple of interesting and funny things to say :wink: in addition to the event's traditional points (music, organization, sound, etc...)
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:23 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Genesis » Mon May 11, 2009 10:38 pm

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby DonSerj » Mon May 11, 2009 10:50 pm

DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:05 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer