[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Tiesto @ Intercontinental Doha, Qatar on 12.3.2009

Tiesto @ Intercontinental Doha, Qatar on 12.3.2009

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Tiesto @ Intercontinental Doha, Qatar on 12.3.2009

Postby samer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:17 pm

It has been more than 3 years since i saw Tiesto Live and it was my first event to attend in Qatar.. almost like going on a blind date!

the venue was actually one of the best i've ever been to, simply because it was a beach party in the luxurious Intercontinental Hotel. A well known fact that Trance is best consumed in an open air event preferably on the sea shore with a decent sound system and good lighting system! all of which were available to my content and exceeding my expectations to say the least!

As for the crowd, baring in mind that mostly it was consisting of foreigners and everyone was 21+, the quality was much higher than the usual standard we got back home in Lebanon, something surely was very appreciated by me especially that there was absolutely few to none drunk cases, drug abusers and/or weird looking fans..

Now for the main part of the event.. the music!! knowing that the event will be limited in time with Tiesto's set cut short.. very short, i was eager to check what he had to deliver taking into consideration that it's his first time to play in Qatar! will he deliver? will he not? are the hordes of angry attacking members right in dissing Tiesto and branding him obsolete, or will he support us few minority who still think he's one of the best?! only few moments were away from that answer!

the best way to describe his set (that unfortunately ended at 2:00 AM) would be through posting the tracklist! for me it was an absolute delight! and as i was telling my friend W before the event, the best would be to mix few old with few known and a bid of IDs into a set! something for everyone! and that's what the man delivered! delivered through his usual jumping and dancing behind the decks, interacting with the crowd and simply being.. Tiesto!

an event that surely would leave any real trancehead questioning himself twice before concluding the days of Tiesto, the man is still here, alive and kicking HARD! proof? the tracklist speaks for itself!

Tracklist
ID
Imogen Heap – Hide & Seek (Tiësto’s In Search Of Sunrise Remix)
ID
Rank1 - L.E.D There Be Light (Extended Mix)
Jonas Steur feat. Julie Thompson - Cold Winds (First State Remix)
Tranzition - The Sky Above
ID
Dubguru - U Got 2 Know
ID
San – Insane (Artento Divini Remix)
Tiesto - Traffic (Original Mix)
Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Richard Durand Remix)
ID
Tiesto - Adagio
DJ Eremit - Tanz Der Seele (YOMC Club Mix)
Tiesto - He`s A Pirate (Album Mix)
Jochen Miller & Artento Divini - Many Years
Wippenberg - Chakalaka
Marcus Schossow - From My Heart
Tiesto Featuring Christian Burns - In The Dark
Tegan & Sara - Back In Your Head (Tiesto Remix)
Virtual Vault - Definition
Thomas Bronzwaer - Certitude
Tiesto - Dance4Life
Paul Webster – Cut Off
Simon Patterson - Us
ID
Push - Interference
Andy Blueman - Neverland (Original Mix)
Virtual Vault - Request (Orchestral Mix)
DJ Eco - Lost Angeles (Breakfast Remix)
ID
Tiesto - Elements of Life
Manilla Rising – Beyond The Stars

PS: some of these IDs are simply brilliant!!

**update!! videos added**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLFjuA1YQg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxsJdGHxC0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkPjojAokYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j374DosHQUI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIWbw3RcK3Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RUkfdsVLAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c14X1lGFM1c
Last edited by samer on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Nicktalopia » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Are you sure he played Andy Blueman - Neverland ?

Glad you had a great time :)
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samer » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:23 pm

yes.. and i have it recorded too..
why u asking? were u there?
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Raneem » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Trancestral » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 am

Trancestral
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Roland » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:48 am

Im going to see Tiesto tonight at forum de beirut, just like Samer i havent seen him since 2005 :) but im sure he'll deliver a mind-blowing set ...
if anyone is going to be there dont forget to catch the warmup set by RoNiN & Nesta and the closing set by Maximal ... :)
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby e-sam » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:16 pm

woooooooooooot am glad you had fun!

Aked it was Komerkeil :mrgreen:
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby samer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:05 pm

^ 100%, the proof? the tracklist and the videos i just added!
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Trancestral » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Where are the videos sam?
Trancestral
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby kingdrack » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:23 pm

well beirut event was much better that's a link to the video http://youtube.com/beirutnightlife

i really enjoyed my night .... it was a gr8 one... i loved the LED setup as well
kingdrack
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Roy vR » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:27 pm

nice vid king. the set up looks nice but as expected it was too crowded. if any1 has the playlist i m intrested in seein what Tiesto playd.
.the underground world is the place to be.
Roy vR
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm

That's the hotel I stay in whenever I'm in Qatar! So SamEr you know where to meet me next time I'm on a business trip there :lol:

Unfortunately I couldn't see Tiesto in Dubai the next night though I was planning to and really looking forward. I'm not too sad though, saw Armin a while back and seeing Ferry and Markus soon! SamEr I don't need to repeat my invitation/order ;)
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby samer » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:39 pm

^ ya.. i was talking to the W man about it aswell.. need to check with work, if it's possible u'll find me there no doubt!!
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Trancestral » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:41 pm

"W = TrancestraL" for clarifications only...
Trancestral
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Next

Return to Reviews & Pics