[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Beirut In The Mix Pres. GU WORLD TOUR @ The Basement 06-02-

Beirut In The Mix Pres. GU WORLD TOUR @ The Basement 06-02-

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Beirut In The Mix Pres. GU WORLD TOUR @ The Basement 06-02-

Postby Nesta » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm

It was amazing.... i saw alot of LR faces there.. it was good to see you guys!!
We played a 2hour set of tech house, we had some technical problems with the sound (it was shut down for like 5mins but it's okay)

JIM's set was OUTSTANDINNNNNNNNNNNNG

he played:

Jim Rivers - Ron Hardy Said
Alex Tepper - Grains (TG Remix)
Oliver Huntemann, Dubfire - Dios
Pryda - Animals
Petter - Some Polyphony

this is what i remembered lol...

he dropped some classic tunes,his flow was perfect he's like one of the best technicians I know.. plus he's a great guy and so down to earth...

it was one hell of a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait till you see what's next :)

CHEERS

"Underground is where we live... "

Beirut In the Mix
T: + 961 3 734572
E: nabih@beirutinthemix.com
W: www.beirutinthemix.com
My Space: www.myspace.com/roninandnesta
You Tube: www.youtube.com/roninandnesta

NRJ Mastermix with Nesta every Friday @ 10 PM !
Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Proof » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:31 am

Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Nesta » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 am

Beirut In the Mix

Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby rob » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:28 am

"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 am

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DiabloK » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 pm

the boys warm up was very good, the crowd was very good, jim rivers sorry to say it, is useless

i agree with Mr Bronx, R&N warm up was much better than rivers set.
when he took control, i was expecting to feel a difference as usually, whenever a good international DJ starts spinning, we immediately feel a different quality in the sound. in the case of rivers, didn't feel anything. maybe because he is still young, don't know. he had good moments though i was expecting more from the revival human of the "Nubreed" series.. but hey, we're in 2009 and what else to expect but marketing? overall, the night had all the good ingredients to make a nice party and the main Dj failed to make it happen.

had a nice night though... epic... but it had nothing to do with the music :P

thumbs up for Nesta and Ronin, you guys have it :)

Bronco, the pleasure is all mine dude :)
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon
DiabloK
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:43 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Shy--Ism » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 am

Firas I guess he means a touch of Electro indeed, there was a time when I said: this is definitely twisted, distorted Techno bass lines. Untill I reached to a real different out-of-proportion later on the night and realised that no, it was indeed an electro-ish flavor (and Basement's regular crowd having that weekly smile on the face proved me right :P).

Anyhow, the night was indeed great. The guys were great on the warm-up, it was unusually high-tempoed though eventually vivid as I think. Well done les mecs ! Rivers' set was, in my opinion, owkay. I don't want to be unfair with the guy, he was technically good. Not too much of a difference between the warm up ending and the main set's kick-off as Diablo mentionned previously. And I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be taken positively or negatively this time- it depends. The music was rich though, as I noticed a lot of Techno and Tech House on a side, yet tribal and groovy coming from another angle. Also felt some tasty Acid echoing for a moment in the background, maybe it had to with an old-school touch (thanks for the Arak ya Nesta), followed by repetitive vocals within some of the transitions. Jim had his up and downs that night, crowd was literally like a Lab-Rate in a basement. Personally I think the set reached its climax around 2:15 AM or so.

As for the whole NuBreed concept, I guess I saw it coming for this night. It was chic and new indeed, however it was a live proof/example that the previous NuBreed series which kicked off nine years ago was original, sophisticated and most definitely: Unique. Quite not easy nor fair to be comparing recent Friday 09 to the old days, hence I will stick to my current "It was a really successful night" statement :).

So many blissful faces showed up there, loved the group & live judgement assembly. Bronko, you're the man !! Kisses.
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Nesta » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:39 am

hummm....

Beirut In the Mix

Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 pm

That same night I thought it was one week later. So basically, could not make it...Funny, is it not?

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:16 pm

^ This could only happen to you, Cube. lol
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm

No really, you can ask someone who was there...he (more like she) will tell you a very interesting story lol

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Missed it although I was in town, which is inexcusable. But I explained what happened to the boys and they forgave my ass :D

Glad to hear and read how good this night was! I expected nothing less from a night at Basement organized by BIM and featuring R&N - all the components of success are just readily available right there! Good job bros. Too bad I missed partying with you, TeeKay, bronko, ShyIsm, and meeting that diabolical Pink Floyd fan :D
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Johnny » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 pm

^That's the price I pay for only being able to come on weekends man...
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Return to Reviews & Pics