[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Armin In Doha

Armin In Doha

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Armin In Doha

Postby Trancestral » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:31 am

Ladies & Gents,

Armin is the one.

Yesterday I went to the Gig with not much to expect from the music and the crowd...But armin did not under estimate the crowd...he was playing his new hits and IDs...

the music was unbelievable. I have never stood still infront of a DJ for a long time just shoked by his mixing skills and the music he was producing that night.

Expect a lot from him in Beirut. BTW I think he gained some fat...he looks chubby. + he was very energetic and tiesto like energy on the stage lol...

His openin track was ID and his closing set track was Going Wrong With Dj Shah & Chris Jones (Sean Tyas Remix). He also played Zocalo.

Cheers :twisted:

I will post some pics later.
Trancestral
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 am

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Trancestral » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Trancestral
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Was there too

Postby rem07 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:52 pm

It was a good Gig, knowing that it occurred in Doha, one of the most boring and wazwaz capitals of the world. Yup, Armin was so friendly, his set was mainly uplifting with about 4 vocal tracks, In and Out of Connection, Smack my Radio Crash,Going Wrong and a few others.
Many imagine remixed tracks such as face to face (martin roth remix), intricacy (thomas Bronzwaer remix) and others.

Actually he played a small short edit of zocalo, it was merely 1-2 minutes long, i guess the producers tipped him off to play something familiar, some signature of his to boil the all male crowd.

I also heard that he got a little frustrated at the end of the gig, the woofers just crashed, so he started playing tracks less bass demanding. That didn't give him the chance to expand his set into a techy one.

As much as i respect and love the guy, he didn't actually play a tune that was mind blowing, he didn't play that tune that sticks in your head, the tune that makes you start digging in any recent tracklist, just for the sake to put your hands on it and keep on repeating it for a week.

The venue was neat, good visual effects, good lighting, bad bar, only male crowd, the qatari intelligence seeking single women to intrigue, many wazawez, expensive 80 dollars regular ticket + no drinks, nothing!!...But at the end, good job by the producers (sub branch of peppermint experience) for bringing such good names to Doha. Before Armin, they got So far Above and Beyond, Digweed, Jules, Marco V, PVD, Askew, Christopher Lawrence, and few more others i forgot about.

One thing is for sure, you can never tell a DJ when to stop spinning the Decks, most people in lebanon are blessed by a non retarded mentality, pff, at 3 am the intelligence swarmed the decks and were acting crazy trying to shut him off.

Enjoy the gig in lebanon Guys, wish i could make it, Lets Hope Satoshi would make your weekend a bit more filthy
rem07
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:05 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:16 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 pm

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Ali N » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:59 pm

my uncle was one of the organizers of the event .. he managed to get me an autograph :D its great :D i was told it was a well organized event
"Don't Be A Prisoner Of You're Own Style" -Armin Van Buuren
Ali N
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby DonSerj » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 pm

^ walla walla
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:23 am

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:36 am

I just came back from Armin (details later) in Dubai where the music also stops at 3. It's because sometime after 3 there's prayer so the law prohibits the clubs from playing music at the same time.

I can't believe I'm home, after a rave, after Armin, while the sun still didn't rise. I'm just not used to that.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:37 am

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer