[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Leon Bolier & Joop at The Underground Club (1-11-2008)

Leon Bolier & Joop at The Underground Club (1-11-2008)

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Leon Bolier & Joop at The Underground Club (1-11-2008)

Postby A-Cube » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Ah well no one bothered opening a topic for it so I might as well do it :P

Since I was the opening set I will leave the commenting to the people who were there at the time...I ended up playing an almost 2-hour set since Johnny got delayed on the door due to some technical issues...I will be posting my tracklist soon...

As for the warm-up set Johnny did a terrific job from beginning to end...loved it to bits especially Mono (J.O.C remix)...No better way to jump start a trance set...great job Johnny-boy :wink:

And now to the main event...Joop took over at almost 1 O'clock and kicked off his set...and I can honestly say that I couldn't ID any track by him...great selection and great mixing by a very cool DJ...I got to talk to him for quite a few minutes and it's great to see how down-to-earth and simple this person is...Joop wrapped up with his most famous production to date The Future before handing the decks to his partner in crime Leon Bolier who started off with his track Beirut before following it with many more trance bombs (only track I could recognize was Ferry's Radio Crash)...

Due to exhaustion I had to leave at almost 4h while Leon was still ripping it in the club...on the way out I caught up with Shiva who was on her way to play her scheduled set but unfortunately I could not stay any longer...

All in all though the attendance could have been better it was a satisfying night with a mature crowd...everyone clearly enjoyed the music and made the most of the night...I hope we will be seeing much more of this crowd in upcoming events...

As for the club I can firmly say that it has a top-notch sound system (improved drastically since last time I've been there) and as for the DJ booth it was a bliss fooling around with the Pioneer 800 Mixer and the MK-IIIs...

Sorry for the short and straight to the point review but I am still trying to recover fully from this night :)

Glad as usual to party with the THers :wink:

Until the next one!!!

Gosh I miss Saleem (it's not easy to fill the shoes of the official reviewer)...

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Sounds like a decent night! Sorry I couldnt attend, but let us know what tracks you dropped mate. Last time I was in basics was like last year and they had cdj100s :P so its cool to see the club taking such a turn to the pro side, we need a full on underground dance club in Lebanon, not one were ppl go there to show off!

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DonSerj » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:42 pm

So it was a peaceful joyful event.
Nice guys. :)

I couldn't attend, I had to wake up early and study.
I passed by though to meet some friends.

Cheers.
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:54 pm

A-Cube & Johnny played amazing music.
I enjoyed what i heard from Alain's set by the time i arrived,even if i wasn't familiar with any of the tracks.
Jr did what he was supposed to do playing awesome energetic uplifting trance,now i know why people are addicted to GC :p

Leon and joop were extremely nice to the crowd,making sure they have a small talk with everyone and take pictures with whoever asks,both played good tracks including the ones Alain mentioned and the ones i was able to identify,Summernight Confessions,Miracle,Ocean Drive Boulevard,I finally Found.From Leon.

Overall it was a great night to whoever went there to listen to good music.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Johnny » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:52 pm

thanks guys for coming and for these nice words, indeed it was really a great night!! Leon and Joop rocked the place with trance bombs as A-Cube described them!

Alain my friend your set was amazing from beginning to end and I enjoyed it a lot while I was going up and down the stairs 10000 times!! :lol: it was truly the perfect set to make way for my warmup.

as for the crowd, it was 80% mature and really good looking this time with the majority being musically educated also. this made everyone just 'stuck' inside the club not wanting to go out as the music was really really something not to miss!!

Joop played for an hour and a half and wrapped it up with 'The Future' then Leon kicked off with the intro mix of 'Beirut' and played for also an hour and a half, only to team with Joop again and play over an hour of classics mostly!! The guys were so kind to interact with everyone and take pictures and sign autographs for whoever :)

I'd like to say that this is only the beginning for underground management/club and expect a lot of international names to drop by Beirut one after another really really soon! might not be always the same club but the name will follow you everywhere that's 1 thing for sure!

Thanks for everyone who made it and appreciated the music from beginning to end. I'd like to ask for a review for Shiva from whoever who stayed longer, it would be nice to know how it went :)
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Great to hear the event went great in the aspects that REALLY matter - MUSIC. I would've definitely dished out a massive review if 2 of my favorite local DJs and 2 of my favorite Trance DJs were playing under the same roof, but you handeled the task just as well Cubey! I hope to be in town for your next event guys, you certainly deserve the support.

And for the third time, but this time in a different tense: I envy those who attended and pity those who didn't.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby A-Cube » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:47 pm

Pleasure was all mine Johnny...looking forward for the next one hopefully!!!

And Dion...if we compared last year's review to this year...I think we will find quite a big difference :lol:

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby TranceFusion » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Indeed a very nice event :) it was great to spend time with these 2 great djs and to listen to their sets :) very friendly and talented guys! Good luck with the future events Johnny!
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Return to Reviews & Pics