[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Sander Kleinenberg @ B.I.E.L. 01-11-2008

Sander Kleinenberg @ B.I.E.L. 01-11-2008

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

Sander Kleinenberg @ B.I.E.L. 01-11-2008

Postby mzy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:05 pm

-Great Setup
- 5 Giant screens,
- 2 green lasers , perfect Sound System...
it was very cosy and intimate

I think Madjam did his best warm up set ! it was amazing , groovy tech house with some techno and progressive house. I loved it , for the first time I was impressed by Madjam!

Sander K .... some good tracks there and there but overall very cheap music with cheep vocals ... I was expecting much better after reading all the posts on the event topic. it was bleh ..... a track I like was the one with the trumpet (if anyone knows it plz can u give the name if it won't bother Smile ) . Sander's visuals were not impressive at all , but I loved the visuals during MAdJam's set it was great (especially the fat gymnasm girl and the little girl moving his head/hair in the green background , if anyone noticed). ya3ne I think Skybar's clientèle's would have liked Sander's music.

Gunther & Stamina , no need to describe ... as usual amazing set (except "This Is The Beginning" lol 7alaba gunther) , and I was impressed by both mixing skills ! Chapeau Chapeau

No Kids , some weirdos there and there , but good crowd overall.
cool atmosphere , great setup like I said before.
We need more events like this , not with 10 000 person thrown in a jungle...
I had a good time.
Last edited by mzy on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Re: Sander Kleinenberg @ B.I.E.L. 01-11-2008

Postby Housezone » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:08 pm

I Will Come Back Later & Give My Review !
Last edited by Housezone on Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" Underground : Muzik U Deserve To Hear "
Housezone
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby rob » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:30 pm

maDJam, that was one really good warmup! Sander’s set was bleh.. so G&S made my night

I loved the visuals before Sander took over! they were the same caliber of the sleepless nights of last year... I think it was VJ yelo (correct me if im mistaken).. the wizard of Oz dancing, that was priceless!
I liked less the karaoke machine that took over when Sander came...
Last edited by rob on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:23 pm

I got to BIEL really early, around 11.30 or so, I was looking forward to hearing madjam. He had kicked off his set on a deep house note, it didnt take him long before he shifted to the melodic and groovy techno cuts. He played some proggie too (which I didnt really think fitted well), and alot of tech house, which the dominant genre in his set. The tracks that I can remember are : "Alex Tepper - Grains (TG remix)", "Timo Mass - Kensei" and I think he played "Eelke Kleign - Dopamine Theory (Dub)" and maybe "Einmusik - Magdalena", and "Mark Knight - From The Speaker", there were alot of tracks that i recognized but I cant remember the names.

Sander came on. He couldnt start with a more cliche, "Ladies and Gentlemen ... im your dj ... were gonna kick things off with a kick ...". For a while he played pure house cuts, reminiscent of the pure chicago house vibe. The happy house, with happy vocals and cheerful melodies. It took me back, and I was loving it, despite the fact that it got quite commercial at points. Sander kept shifting genres, he went over all the spectrum of house music, from the funky to the pure house, to proggie, all while covering tribal, tech, techno and some electro (nothing cheesy though). All the vocals were displayed on the gaint screens, but the VJ didnt do anything out of the world, in fact for most of the set he was just walking around the booth drinkin and jokin with sander and others. But what I found amazing is how the vocals and lyrics were displayed in sync, but there was no apparent connection between the decks and the VJ's laptop. Here some of the tracks I remember:

"Chris Moody, Relight Orchestra - Work It To The Bone (Masi & Mello Rework Mix)"
"Satoshie Tommie - Youve Got to Believe (ID Mix)" - It might not even be Satoshie Tommie's version but the accapella probably.
"Cevin Fisher & Paul Harris - Deliver Me (ID Remix)"
"Sebastian Ingrosso feat. Laidback Luke - Chaa Chaa (Original Mix)"
"Arno Cost Vs. Shakedown - Night Apocalypse (Memento Sandro-B.Re-Work)"
"Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up (D-Nox vs Beckers Remix)"
"Ladytron - Destroy everything you touch (invol2ver remix)"
"Dirty South - The End"

Very commercial when you read it again, but he blended it well, id give sander a 7/10.

Gunther and stamina where amazing. They played "Ladytron - DET (Invol2ver)" again, and I think gunther played "KAN-Rat in The Hole", and I think he also dropped "Tatto - Bony". By that time I couldnt even think, but their set was out of this world. A full on techno/prog tribal track. Gunther even went on a dreamy crazy of melodic techno that got everyone flyin, what a set!

The setup was awful for me. MixFm did not go out of there way to deliver anythin special here (apart from the 2 gaint LEDs and tens of old skool world war I TVs!). Instead of the normal BIEL indoor venue, they went for the tent outside. Ive been to a couple of gigs in this tent, but it always has the same problem, sound echoing! It was terrible in the beginning of the gig when there was no one, got better as the crowd filled up, but it remained in the back and sides. I managed to grab a hold of one of the sound guys, I was like mate the sound is echoing, he was like if you face the speaker you wont hear it and then he just walked away, what a proon! The security guys were even more knobish, they delibratly tried to start a fight with one of the guys in the front. The crowd were not bad, better than normal, but it was like 80-85% guys, i felt like it was gaypride Beirut to be honest. Not as many emos as there noramlly is though. :P

I left there around 6.30 am, G&S were still going! It was a pretty good night, not one of the more memorable ones, but for all the house purists who understand the start of the chicago house movement of the 70s and 80s and the house in its purest and rawest forms, they can appreciate Sander's set. Id give the night as a whole a 6/10.

Here's some photos that I took: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =127101236
Last edited by [IN]Head-Kay on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:35 pm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Housezone » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Housezone
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:07 pm

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Re: Sander Kleinenberg @ B.I.E.L. 01-11-2008

Postby DiabloK » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:09 pm

DiabloK
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Housezone » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 pm

The Mangolian Security Guy !
Housezone
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nesta » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:33 pm

mta'ach el security guy
"Underground is where we live... "

Beirut In the Mix
T: + 961 3 734572
E: nabih@beirutinthemix.com
W: www.beirutinthemix.com
My Space: www.myspace.com/roninandnesta
You Tube: www.youtube.com/roninandnesta

NRJ Mastermix with Nesta every Friday @ 10 PM !
Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:40 pm

I didn't expect Sander to play the music you guys described...

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:10 pm

^^ Its not bad really, he had a 'good' set with continous energy flow, amazing crowd reading and best of all he covered an extremly wide range of house subgenres, the man did well!

[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby maDJam » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:09 am

Wussup ya'll? As always the best crowd to play to is the "home crowd" cause the level of energy lebanese have is totally different from any other place- also glad and honored you enjoyed the warm-up, although I was struggling whenever the screens went bright /white and everyone stopped moving... until it went dark again and we were back on track...

[IN] Head-Kay, glad you managed to ID some of the tracks I played, although some were incorrect...

but NOT TO WORRY-

Are you ready? Are you ready for this?

The FULL night from Saturday recorded and cleared to share with EVERYONE! That's how cool Sander (and Carl Cox) are- the only DJs that say "go ahead, share it with whoever!" :)

Sander Kleinenberg Live@BIEL and it's the full night! Download whatever part of the night you'd like by right clicking and "save target as..."

maDJam Warm-up (11pm-1:30) 208MB
http://www.lebanesedjs.com/madjamsets/m ... 202008.mp3

Sander Kleinenberg (1:30am-4:00am) 240MB
http://www.lebanesedjs.com/madjamsets/S ... 202008.mp3

Gunther & Stamina (4:00am-6:20am) 183MB
http://www.lebanesedjs.com/madjamsets/G ... 202008.mp3

It's our way of sharing the music for those that couldn't be there...

ENJOY!! :)
ahMAD aJAM
maDJam
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby OBie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 am

will catch him this weekend in Amman ;)
Amman In The Mix @ JORavers.com
First and Last Monday of Each Month
8:00 - 10:00 [Local Time]
11:00 - 1:00 [GMT]
OBie