[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - REVIEW & TRACKLISTS: CONTACT @ The Guvernment, Toronto

REVIEW & TRACKLISTS: CONTACT @ The Guvernment, Toronto

Reviews and pictures of all EDM events.

Moderator: MODs

REVIEW & TRACKLISTS: CONTACT @ The Guvernment, Toronto

Postby Raneem » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:45 am

I don't really know how to begin my review, but i'll try to make it short, since the tracklists (and the pictures which will come later) will speak by themselves.
Ronald and I went to the Guvernment at around 10:20 PM, and managed to enter the large Venue at around 11 PM. It was still half packed, when I expected to see Mark Oliver playing, but we realized that there was a pre-recorded CD playing, and Blake was waiting for the right time to start. The Sound system was very well distributed, BUT The bass frequencies were VERY high (you couldn't hear the "kick" since the bassline was dominating).

Blake Jarrell took over the decks at around 11:45 or so. His music basically was Progressive & Tech House, But I think it was an excellent Warm up for the crowd. The set did not progress much: the last two tracks only had the trance influence. The guy seemed really getting into the mood with the crowd in the middle of his set (just when the venue was fully packed, fitting between 1250 and 1500 persons).

The master Markus Schulz started his set at around 1 AM with a strong proggy tech tune. The interesting thing is that Schulzy knew what to play for his crowd: ENERGY! He kept the energy high during his 3 hour set (You will realize this from the tracklist). The excellent hyper interaction with the crowd and the aggressive mixing of tunes kept the crowd jumping high!

Menno De Jong started at 4 AM with the intro of the classic Yahel - Voyage: People went NUTS! His set was basically showing the energetic side of the uplifting trance (with some exceptions here n there of course).
I expected a fully Uplifting set from Menno (with no energy), but I honestly was surprised seeing him playing such high energy! His "long" hands stayed up in the sky (without falling off..lol) during all breakdowns. and btw, he says a Special HI to TALA! ;)

I was not able to stay for Rank1's set (he started at 6 AM) since I was really Tired (but after some research, I managed to know some of the tracks Rank1 played). Ronald and I left at around 5:20 AM.

I was able to ID many tracks in the event (with the help also of )

Playlists (tracks are not listed in order)

Blake Jarrell:

System 7 - Space Bird (Dubfire Remix)
Robert Nickson - Narc (Simon and Shaker Remix)
Sasha - Park It In The Shade
Simon and Shaker vs Groove Garcia - Soultech (Simon and Shaker Remix)
Simon and Shaker - Naco
Sultan and Ned Shepard - Eye Spy (Matthew Dekay Remix)
Tube and Berger - The Young and Wild Ones (Glenn Morrison Remix)

Markus Schulz:

Glenn Morrison- Rubberband
Glenn Morrison - Circles
Kenneth Tjonasam - Formulation
Bebop - Breakthrough Woodpecker (Original Mix)
Markus Schulz Feat Dauby - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)
Lange Vs. Gareth Emery - Another you Another Me (Markus Schulz Edit ?)
Markus Schulz - Cause You Know (Nic Chagall Remix)
Markus Schulz - Fly To Colors (Genix Remix)
Arnej - They Always Come Back
Markus Schulz Vs. Andy Moor - Daydream
Andy Moor Vs. Orkidea - Year Zero (Andy Moor Mix)
Pascal Feliz Vs. Nenes - Platinum (Original Mix)
Pascal Feliz - From Inside The Speaker (Part 1)
Jan Johnston & J Joy - Rush (Carl B Remix) (Schulz Edit ?)
Rex Mundi Vs Ronski Speed - The Perspective Space (Markus Schulz Mashup)
Arno Cost & Norman Doray - Apocalypse
Lemon & Einar K - Anticipation
Way Out West - The Fall (Richard Durand Remix)
Wamdue Project - King of My Castle (Sander Van Doorn Dub Mix)
Kyau and Albert- Walk down (Remix?)
Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (Remix ?)
John O'Callaghan Ft. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Armin Van Buuren Intro Edit)

Menno De Jong:

Yahel - Voyage
Jaytech - Pepe's Garden
Arnej - People Come People Go
Leon Bolier - Oceandrive Boulevard
Andy Diguid - Don't Belong (Phynn Remix)
John O'Callaghan Ft. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)
Dmitri Federov - Falling of Stars (Paul Miller Remix)
Paul van Dyk & Giuseppe Ottaviani - Far Away (Original Mix)
Tiesto ft BT- Break my fall (airbase remix)
Stoneface & Terminal - Inner Voice (Dub Mix)
Chicane feat. Bryan Adams - Dont Give Up
Gareth Emery - More Than Anything (Stoneface & Terminal Remix)

Rank1:

Rank1 - Airwave
Alex Morph Vs. Rank1 - Life Less Ordinary (Rafael Frost Remix)
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar
Rank 1 - The Awakening

I Give this event 9/10, and honestly, it was my best rave ever!
Last edited by Raneem on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:38 am, edited 11 times in total.
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 am

Awesome review! What a monstrous lineup! I'm shocked at Schulzy's set thought, I had no idea he played Tech Trance too... Jarrell's set is pure tuneage though, that's all ProgHouse Raneem, at least among the tracks you ID there's no TechHouse. Just saw the pictures on Facebook took, amazing venue and perhaps the best light system I've seen to date!

Oh and thank you guys for calling to wake me up over a dozen times after between midnight and morning! :P
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby TranceFusion » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm not surprised it's your best rave ever :mrgreen: happy for you mate!! I read what you said about Schulzy and Menno and it makes me even more excited for the Sunrise Festival in July :D
The tracklist of Schulzy reflects his style well enough. That's how his radio show sounds generally.
Btw,
John O'Callaghan Ft. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Armin Van Buuren Intro Edit)... shouldn't it be played at the beginning?! :P

Rex Mundi Vs Ronski - Speed The Perspective Space (Markus Schulz Mashup)
"vs Ronski Speed - The Pers..." :)

Usually Rank1 plays live acts, do you know if this time too?

Lucky Tala! I'm sure that Menno devastated the dancefloor haha :D

LOL Dio :lol: turn off your phone next time Ranim goes to an event :P
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Qulture » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:37 pm

great review raneem .... !!!

the lineup is mad .. !!! really ... i would want to see rank1 live , i am sure they kick ass ... and play alot of the music i like these days ...

to be honest , markus's has been playing the same tunes for the past 3 months ... really ... ya3ni a bit of change would be better ...

Raneem ... have you been to Stereo in montreal yet ?? i have never in my life heard a better sound system .... its soooo crisp and powerful ... just go , stand in the middle of the main room ... and let me know what you think ... :evil:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Raneem » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:04 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Raneem » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 am

Tracklist updated!
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer