[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - So ..... How dead is TH ??

So ..... How dead is TH ??

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Re: So ..... How dead is TH ??

Postby ziz00_909 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:01 am

I'm loving the new Sounds.. keep them Comin!!! :mrgreen:
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Qulture » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 am

Raneem . congrats on the featuring of Free fall on ASOT !

Keep it up

:twisted:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Raneem » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 pm

^
Thank you sir!
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:56 am

Bonsoir!! :mrgreen:

I check TH like once per month or even more rarely... just tracklists are being posted (i stopped listening to ASOT back in January 2010 :P but i started recently listening to Classic Trance channel on di.fm :mrgreen:) Trance.nu closed, TH is dying.

Since the topic is about death i'll say something about it and maybe start a nice convo like in the good old days :P

Overall i'm disappointed and badly pissed off at many money hungry big DJs and labels in Trance. It might shock everyone/some of you, but at Sunrise Festival i spent more time at the House stage listening to Mark Knight, Jerome Isma-Ae and... Eddie Halliwell (dunno why they put him there) than at the Trance stage where the line-up was made up of W&W, A&B, Filo & Peri and K&A among others. Why? I was literally BORED at the Trance stage. I expected W&W to play the way they did. I didn't bother checking out Dash Berlin but i stayed for Marcus Schossow because my gf likes him. But i was hugely disappointed with Above & Beyond. There was a time when A&B and K&A used to play more melodically. Now everyone plays the same shit. I've just finished checking out the releases of October 2010 and i'm quite satisfied with less known people (overall last year's summer was okay) but still everything is different now. It's been 13 months i'm immersing myself into Psy/Goa and i'm LOVING every second of it! Even once every few months i enjoy some Dark Techno.

So my question is here: how dead is TRANCE??? We should ask all those big DJs who keep on delivering "political" answers... maybe it's time for the Arab Spring wave to reach our music scene and start a big ass revolution?

Just to make one thing sure, i'm still loyal to the MUSIC and the whole concept behind Trance music :) it's the people of our scene that i stopped trusting. I'm just waiting for the day when the pure driving energetic melodic Trance will be back on the dancefloors in place of this disgusting tech vocal pop trance-mutant-clubbing shit that makes me yawn every 5 minutes and that attracts teenagers lovers of bieber, gaga, zaza and whatever khara there is out there who love to sing as if our music scene is some American Idol show. If those teenagers are sent into the past to see with their own eyes and listen with their own ears to our pure music they'd be disgusted and would leave to another music scene. Like i said a few weeks ago: those "fans" sucked bieber's cock yesterday, lick gaga's pussy today and will lick tiesto's nipples tomorrow. They don't give a flying fuck about the music, they just worship the dudes and dudettes. That's the kind of "fans" our DJs look for today IMO. Pure BULLSHIT. I'm not against the expansion of fanclubs, i'm against the uncontrolled expansion of fanclubs, i.e. "lets find as many people as possible doesnt matter who they are as long as there is money". Psy/Goa has A LOT of fans, true fans, who love the music and understand it. I believe that it's the same for Techno and Dubstep and Drum'n'Bass. Yesterday i watched on YouTube the interview with M.I.K.E. at Tomorrowland 2011 and at one point i got really disappointed. He said something like "i don't play genres anymore, i play dance music for the people". I don't hear Techno or House or Psy or Dubstep DJs say that kind of stuff and they still get more and more fans! A Trance legend said that! That moment was as if an asteroid hit me :| yes i'm a Trance nazi and proud of it, to a lesser extent EDM nazi :P

26th November 2011: Kai Tracid, John 00 Fleming and Aly & Fila - the reasons why i'll attend that event :mrgreen: maybe Arctic Moon, but the rest: MEH, double MEH and triple MEH.

EDIT:
Check this out :D

I have the intention to attend this event in 2013! in harmony with nature <3 0X my cousin was there in August and he recommends it :D
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Raneem » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:13 pm

people have been saying Trance is dead for so long!
Trance is not dead, it has evolved, and you haven't yet :p
that s all! xD

As to genres thing, well..let's face it..House is becoming more trancy, Trance is becoming more housy...you cant really say if it's house or trance or techno...
so let's just call it EDM! ;)
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 pm

It hasn't evolved, it has passed through a mutation process and became some fuckin boring clubbing music. It has devolved. House more trancy? Trance more housy? what the fuck? :? the thing is, people cannot be trusted, ever. Even when they create something beautiful, they end up after some time destroying it, or at least making it worse. Money and politics are now ruling our Trance nation big time, not as much as in pop, but we're getting there... have i evolved or not? Well, that's open to discussion since it's a relative thing. I'm very sorry for being literally so passionate about the music i fell in love with back in the 90s. I'm very sorry for believing that Trance as it sounded until 2006 was the best and without evolution it could have remained very much alive with more fans than before. Heck, i'm very sorry for believing that Trance music was given the name "Trance" because this music has to be literally a journey into the mind, into the rich variety of sounds that this music has to offer. And at last, i'm very sorry for having a narrow musical taste (that satisfies me), because for me music is not only "just for having fun on a friday night" but it is mostly a way to experience a journey into the mind and reach this harmony of the mind with the body. Which is exactly why i am fascinated by those 3-7 days long Psy/Goa events organized in nature away from cities. It's the perfect place for being in harmony with yourself and nature. Those who want to experience a state of Trance, let yourself go in Psy/Goa-Trance :mrgreen:

As for that THING that people call today trance (with a small t) it doesn't deserve this word. It's nothing more nothing less than clubbing music destined for a dancefloor full of iPad and iPhone youngsters who have no mother fuckin idea about the roots of Trance (and overall EDM) and don't give a fuck about it. Those who today produce and play pure Trance music are very few and hugely shadowed by the big boys who have pop-cash and efficient PR staff in their offices. 10 years ago i used to tell my best friend that Trance is so beautiful and addictive that it will become more and more popular and will keep that top quality delivered by DJs/producers. I have to admit that i regret saying that back then, i wish that it never became so popular and i have to admit also that i never expected it to become so boring and soul-less. She asked me "what if one day you start listening to something else? People change over time you know". I Replied "yea, people change, but i know my taste, i enjoy from time to time certain genres like spanish flamenco, chillout, some progressive house, some techno, classical music, some old school rock, but i know that i'll always be a Trancehead, i dedicate 95% of my time for this music, and trust me, Trance will always be as beautiful as it is today" (back in 2001). Heh... we humans are pathetic sometimes. We tend to be so naive and hopelessly hopeful that something beautiful will last forever. One of my 2 mottos in music is "In Trance I Trust", i stick to Classic Trance (up till 2008) and to the more than ever addictive Psy/Goa because this is what brings me 500% of satisfaction and perfectly fits my perception of Trance music. And this is the kind of music that i'll teach my kids to love. Appreciate the music, not the money. But well, if they will be born with a completely different taste it's another story and there's nothing i can do about it :P all those big names have been ignoring people like me because the big benjamins have made them fuckin blind. There are 7 billion people on this planet, there are thousands like me, if not hundreds of thousands. Evolution is not always positive so yea i am happy that i didn't evolve with this THING, because i'd have become as bad and as low as this clubbing music.

BASTA KURWA.

EDIT:
hahahah i've just seen my signature :D forgot i had it. It perfectly sums up everything i've said in my 2 posts :mrgreen:
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:23 am

Can't describe the situation with Trance music better than you already did!
you're 100% right man.. and it's damn sad how things have gone!!

Actually in the past year or 2.. i haven't checked any new Trance production..(excluding Psy)..never thought that I'd lose interest this fast and to this limit!! :(

The Trance music that I listened to lately was mainly the tracks Kamil was so kind to recommend: classics and such.. Great Music!! (thanks man! appreciate it) ..
Trance is not the same.. evolved? it more like Mutated..to something worth Shit! Evolution sometimes turn out to be negative, and that's the case here..

Kamil switched to Psy/Goa.. Personally these past 3 years..i'm more into Progressive, House, Techno..(i always been into it actually) music that stayed true to itself..in a constant development and a "Positive" evolution.. :twisted:

PS: Keep Gaga out of it!!! :mrgreen: :P
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Gaga Bla Bla :mrgreen:

Here's the proof that i've been right all along.
Interview with one of my all time favorite DJs: Sean Tyas :twisted: and my quote of the CENTURY, even the millenium i dare to say:
"trance need to be underground. Once it’s mainstream, it’s all fucked up. There are too many vocals, too many mainstream remixes, and we’re all guilty of it. It’ll be better if it comes back slowly and underground."

http://www.examiner.com/electronica-mus ... /sean-tyas

I'm happy that there are a few DJs out there who share my point of view more or less. I'd LOVE to have a face-to-face conversation with Armin, Tiesto and other big boys...
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Qulture » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 am

There will always be enough music to satisfy everyone's tastes . If the majority of people like or follow certain sounds , then this is what the public wants , regardless of them being ignorant or informed of the history / evolution / true trance sound etc ....

i agree with Raneem here , music changes or evolves to fit people's tastes. Pure uplifting trance music will NEVER be as popular or mainstream as what is being played today. and lets face it , if you are a full time DJ / Producer , you are sort of looking for income to live , and subsequently looking for always expanding and progressing . Most of the music today is downloaded illegally , so those DJs and producers depend highly on live shows to get paid . So they have to play what the majority wants in order to pay their bills !! I respect Sean Tyas's input in this matter , but do you remember when he remixed every single track on the planet !?! He used to remix old classics and number one radio hits all the time , it was one track a day kind of thing , until he became more popular and known to the masses ... so he also rode that wave...

I know its a messed up system, but its what we have to work with now . Usually , artists keep an alias on the side where they produce tracks that they love , but know will never be as popular and demanded as the mainstream tracks. Like Gaia for Armin , Allure for Tiesto

i personally rarely listen to the 140+ bpm uplifting trance those days , because it doesnt interest me anymore. shockingly i enjoy house music , like Dabruck and Klein, Gregori Klosman , AN21, Dada life , Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike , Avicci, Axwell, Eric Prydz , etc .... But still listen to more Melodic stuff like Nuera , First State , Markus Schulz , Roger Shah , etc ....

one of the people i truly respect is Sander Van Doorn. I like how he makes use of both worlds , has alot of melodies in his productions , but at the same time housey enough to be enjoyed by house music fans . Pruple Haze - Time Zone is one of the best tracks of 2011 for me . Also check out Axwell's Heart is King . it has a long melodic breakdown that usually house music producers dont follow ....

and lets face it , those people who attend the 7 day Goa festival and become one with nature , are most probably high on some sort of drug , at least most of them are !! Lol ... i understand where your frustration is coming from , but in the end everyone will find the kind of music they like to follow or listen to occassionally . and as you grow older , this subject will become less and less relevant ... trsut me !! :wink:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Well then since this is the world we live in now, it makes me really sad to say FUCK TODAY'S "TRANCE" SHIT. If i had the power i'd bring down this whole fuckin system. Raneem said "let's just call it EDM" and it sounds like the New World Order. We're just one world, one small global village, so let's make one government for this global village. Fuck no. There is house, techno, dubstep, trance, drum'n'bass, etc... (just like there is France, Germany, Brasil, Japan, South Africa, etc...) and each group has its own culture. EDM nation is one big culture (just like European culture) and inside there are various cultures that have similarities and differences. I absolutely refuse to make of all genres only one called simply EDM. If you go to the D'n'B or Dubstep fans and tell them "let's just call it EDM" they would kick your asses out of their clubs. Just like i don't want a United States of Europe or a One World State, i want to have distinct music genres that are grouped in one big family called EDM, not some shitty trouse or whatever other shit all those producers and labels are coming up with. Trust me there are A LOT of people who think exactly like me and i know personally a couple so i'm not a lonely rebellious cowboy here.

EDIT:
btw yes Sean did a lot of remixes before but it's the past now and at least he has the guts to open his eyes and see how much damage has been done and started thinking about it, unlike others who don't give a fuck and keep on damaging more and more. Those others say they are passionate about Trance. Hah BULLSHIT. It's crazy how many similarities there is here with the world in general. A few people (DJs and managers) have the power to make decisions about the music scene and don't listen to the fans, especially those who are disappointed. Many of those disappointed are veterans pissed off at how all this changed. Same thing with the world: politicians do their thing without caring about/listening their people. And the retired people are among those who suffer the most, just like we Trance veterans suffer from the fact of being ignored by DJs and their managers. Fuck all this it's becoming so chaotic and frustrating that people in power have to be taught a tough lesson!!!!!
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Qulture » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 am

^
Lol ... i see you are taking this matter to a very high level of seriousness and frustration !!

I agree that its all called EDM as a whole with the sub genres under that name . I for one , would never attend a debstep or drum n bass event , because simply that kind of EDM doesnt suit my taste ... AT ALL !! i actually consider it annoying .

if you ask me , the public here are to blame . When superstar Djs see that the general public is liking 99 % of the stuff they are releasing and producing , then why should they stop and cater to the 1% that want the scene to go underground ?!?!? ok fine , you can call them sellouts or whatever you choose , but if you ask me to choose between releasing an album which 20 people would buy and playing at gigs with 50 people dancing VS releasing an album with millions in sales , and selling out concerts with 20000 people attending AND creating an alias where i will produce the stuff the minority likes , or what they would call " true side of trance , house , etc.." i would personally choose option 2 , without even thinking about it ..... and the problem is , recently i am actually prefering the lower bpm , some vocal stuff, more house influenced sounds that are being released.

its a tricky situation , and a very dirty one as well. But i can agree that in the end , its all about making more money ! The good thing is , you will always have some producers / DJs who will release the music you like , and the rest or " majority " will have their superstar DJs as well .... the underground sound can never be mainstream ... so you have to adjust and choose a side , and live happily ever after :wink:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 am

BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Qulture » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:55 am

^

Lol .... trust me everyone seems to have a revolutionary / violent side in the middle east these days ... so right back at ya son !!

to be honest the track you posted is actually very cool ! The video is excellent as well ... the track has some funk and soul in it , which " FOR ME " distracts me a bit from the extremely fast bpm ! Although i dont see myself handling more than an hour of this sound in a club ... Asef ...

As for eras and sounds , i think everyone considers the sound he prefers to be the in sound ! Lol ... here is mine for example !

:twisted:
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby SSlartibartfast » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 am

Hey guys, new here. I tracked this post down (it was the most recently commented) and I got here by looking for a tracklist. Thought the forum was pretty cool so I thought I'd join in. Too bad as though it looks its mostly dead.. D:
SSlartibartfast
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Genesis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 am

I AM CATATAFISH!!!!

Qussay!!! How've you been?

Kamil, you've gone nuts :P
All I did is hit Ctl + F then typed "Psy" and started laughing - you've turned into a racist psy supremest... haha
I've been on about psy on this site since it went online in 2004; now, I simply don't care if anybody else does or not.. lol.. In fact, it's better that none and/or few share the same taste.
And I don't understand why you're so frustrated - who cares what's dead or alive, or what's it even called anymore? Just enjoy your music dude.

Oh by the way, I'm going to Poland for Christmas.. :mrgreen: .. I'll be in a small village at the outskirts of Katowice - Just me in a warm house with Polish TV, hard liquor, and a bucket of chicken!!! Waaaaaa333333333!!!!
Find me on FB or something... just look for whomever you have 10 mutual friends with... haha

I am the dog whisperer-rererer.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

PreviousNext

Return to The Music Room