[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - "Hey DJ, whereabouts from Syria are you from?"

"Hey DJ, whereabouts from Syria are you from?"

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

"Hey DJ, whereabouts from Syria are you from?"

Postby crow » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:29 pm

He looked Syrian.
"Oh I'm not Syrian" Said the DJ "I'm from Holland."
"Oh! No wonder you've got good taste! Where from Holland?" I asked
"Rotterdam :) " He responded

Thursday, 29th October
I walked out of the sausage festival with my friends from Dubai at 1 am after Above & Beyond ended their awesome live mix. Abu Dhabi's clubbing scene has sky rocketed! Proof: Crowd consisting of 99.9% men, and 0.1% women. The men were sweaty, horny (for anything btw), and weird. My ass was groped and squeezed.

"It's still 1 a.m.! I can't believe we'll go home now!" The girls complained.
"Let's bounce to another venue" Responded Syrian boy

So we head to Cubes. A tiny local bar/club in Abu Dhabi where Asian-pussy hungry Englishmen reside for cheap BJ's and unprotected sex. The music was pretty good, and my group's female to male ratio was ideal for them to let us in. 4 girls. 3 guys. Perfect! (Welcome to UAE).

As I walk down the stairs to enter the low-ceiling club, I can hear awesome tech house beats playing. The DJ looks fairly young and fresh. Could it be? Has Abu Dhabi's club owners finally woken up to proper Electronic music??

The music was too good and he kept delivering one track after another. I can hear mashups and acapellas being dropped from time to time. This was the work of a setup consiting of Traktor Pro w/ 4 decks loaded, Xone 1D, Xone 2D. Respect! This guy KNOWS his shit! The music continues to get my fat ass to shake. I am being turned into a live entertainment. My ass gets groped again. By women. Good Lord, that was relief!

I approach the DJ and high five him in respect to his track selection and proper mixing skills. I took out my iphone and quickly typed "Awesome tech-house & techno man!"

He chuckled in gratitude to the compliment and continued to blast out more and more deep/tech house, techno, and a bit of melodic techno. This was absolutely amazing! The kid truly knew how to pump up the crowd with repetitive music (yes I do admit techno is repetitive). The more he pulled off new tricks, the more I felt the need to express my joy and respect to this dude’s talent.
This is going to be my second home in Abu Dhabi” I thought. “The place is cozy, the people are not that bad, and the music is groovy! This new resident DJ is awesome!

The dancing continues and the tracks’ groove intensifies transition after transition (or even mashup).
“That’s it! THAT. IS. IT! I want this guy’s number!! He should play at my parties!! I’ll hook him up with promoters and club owners in Dubai! What the fuck is he doing in Abu Dhabi??” My brain questioned the moment of joy in regards to this DJ’s presence in Abu Dhabi.

*approaches DJ again*
We need to talk” I profoundly expressed my seriousness “What time do you finish?
3:30. Meet me after that :)” He responded.
After 3 more hours of pumping music, the lights are switched on, people wonder what the fuck just happened, and the horny Englishmen crawl out of the club with their cute Asians.
*approaches DJ*
Alright man! AWESOME SET!! Finally someone in Abu Dhabi knows what to play! Listen. Give me your number! I’ll hook you up with the hottest parties in Dubai! You deserve far more better!
Dutch boy laughs “Thanks dude! It was a good night, yeah! I don’t have my phone with me now but I can give you my email
Oh it’s fine. I understand. You big DJs and your privacy issues. I understand. I understand.” I responded in slight disappointment at his somewhat possible subtle arrogance.
No no really man! I don’t have my phone with me.” He continued to convince me
No worries. What’s the email?
It’s info….
Info?” I asked in surprise
Yeah. Give me your phone.
*types his email down and hands over the phone to me*

I take back my phone and look at the screen. My heart skips a beat. My butt cheeks tighten up together. And my I gulped. Twice.
The words flashed in big bold letters on my screen info@eelkekleijin.com
Mental paralysis. Jaw drop. Piss my pants. Shit my pants. Lose my breath. You name it! All the possible reflexes your brain can command your body to perform occurred in a span of 2 seconds as soon as I read the email typed on the phone.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! EELKE KLEIJIN!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!!??!
*Eelke laughs out loud*
IT’S… IT’s… IT’S YOU!!!!
*points at him*
DUDE I FUCKING WORSHIP YOU!!! WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T YOU PLAY LOST & CONFUSED???
Haha. I don’t know man. Time I guess?
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
*left nipple hardens up*
*right nipple hardens up*
*stares at Eelke and smiles*
GIVE ME A FUCKING HUG MAN!
*hug*
Awww! Hahaha! Thanks man!” Blushed Eelke
*stares and smiles creepily at Eelke*
*hugs again*

Made my fucking night! He continued to tell me about his next gig tomorrow in Dubai @ club 360. Oh la dee fucking da! I was trying to hook Eelke with private parties in Dubai. LOL!! PRIVATE PARTIES!!

Oh man! What a surprise hey?

Which brings me to my conclusion. The next Syrian awesome DJ you find playing at a club, is not necessarily Syrian. Could be the next big Dutch DJ. You never know. Not all Syrians are awesome. Maybe Bassel. But that’s about it.
On the other hand, this got me thinking of how awesome it is to attend a gig by some unknown DJ and just listen with no expectations. Like totally detach yourself form the whole “omg what is the tracklist??” and enjoy what gets delivered on the spot. Wasn’t this how things went back in the days? When some dude called Tijs Verwest played in some small club and people danced their asses off to whatever he played? The same thing happened to the Abu Dhabi crowd on Thursday at Above & Beyond’s 2 hour live set. Those kids and sweaty horny men enjoyed the finest trance music ever when in reality they claim that it is too repetitive for them.

So yeah. My thoughts. My experiences. Hope you enjoyed reading and that you would face the same. And if you did, post your experience here.

Pics:
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: "Hey DJ, whereabouts from Syria are you from?"

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:39 pm

:lol:
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby TranceFusion » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:58 pm

hahaha man i love how you tell your stories :mrgreen: :lol: Eelke is talented indeed :)
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby samer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:52 pm

between all the ass grabbing and bodies sweating hooray for good music!!
that's what we call a good surprise eh khaled?
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby ziz00_909 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:57 pm

WOOOW! man I got to tell you i Did not see this one coming!!!
you seriously know how to tell ur stories :D:D!

Eelke Kleijin is SICK by the Way.. I LOVE his Music.. that night at BO this summer with him was unforgettable :D
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Qulture » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Lol ... !!

The story should have ended with the both of you together in bed !!!

But the best surprise comes when you least expect it !
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby crow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Alright bitches. RESPECT ZA MASRI!
Pics are up :D
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:41 pm

haha nice pics man! :) he doesn't look masri though :P i'd say french or swiss!

Btw... you wear pink? :shock:
*runs*
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby samer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:24 pm

LOVE the pink! :roll:
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby crow » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Haha yes Kamil I wear Pink. It's my current fave colour after Red :)
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:15 am

Awwww, what a cute couple you and eelke make!! :)

More importantly though, why didnt you rely on your other Syrian friend's super stereo-typing powers to tell you that eelke isnt one of them? hmmm

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:06 am

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby lebanese_raver » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm

hahahaha, good stuff, loved the story :)
lebanese_raver
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Return to The Music Room