[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - GU 37 Bangkok: James Lavelle

GU 37 Bangkok: James Lavelle

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

GU 37 Bangkok: James Lavelle

Postby Genesis » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:35 pm

With over 4 million GU compilation albums sold to date, Global Underground proudly presents the latest installment in the ever popular worldwide city series: James Lavelle GU37 Bangkok.

It's been a long five years since UNKLE's James Lavelle released his second mix album for GU from Romania. It followed his series debut from Barcelona, which was hailed at the time as one of the finest and most timeless albums to come out of Global Underground in years.

James of course has been busy touring the world with his band UNKLE and releasing artist albums to critical acclaim while continuing to tour the world as an international DJ. His new mix album, in our opinion, is his best mix album to date!

Bangkok was the chosen city, selected for its vibrant nightlife and multi-cultural party scene. The album is due for release 3rd August 2009.
On Bangkok, James has put together an electronic sonic soundscape that is his most eclectic yet, it features exclusive tracks and remixes from UNKLE themselves plus the likes of Radiohead, Radio Slave, Carl Craig, James Holden, Doves, Layo & Bushwacka, X-Press2, Innervisions (Henrik Schwarz / Ame / Dixon Feat Derrick Carter), School of Seven Bells, Nathan Fake, Evil Nine, Mystery Jets, Fergie and Animal Collective plus many more.
There are certain mix albums that remain on top of the pile, and this is definitely one. Ticking all boxes, it's one to kick back and listen to at all times, not just a made-for-the-club album.

Tracklist
-------

CD1
1 Look Inside Yourself (Intro)
2 UNKLE - Trouble In Paradise (Edit)
3 Doves - Jetstream
4 Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes
5 Nathan Fake - You Are Here (Four Tet Remix)
6 James Holden - 10101
7 Radiohead - Reckoner (James Holden Remix)
8 Layo & Bushwacka! - Life2Live (UNKLE Surrender Sounds Session #1)
9 The Big Pink - Too Young To Love (UNKLE Surrender Sounds Session #14)
10 UNKLE - Heavy Drug (Surrender Sounds Mix)
11 Evil Nine - Icicles (UNKLE Surrender Sounds Session #12)
12 Silicone Soul - The Call Of The Wild (Mi Anamo Goes Disco Mix)
13 Jesse Somfay - Lying In A Bed Of Myst
14 Mutant Clan - Perfect Place
15 Henrik Schwarz, Ame, Dixon Feat Derrick Carter - Where We At - Part 2
16 School Of Seven Bells - Sempiternal/Amaranth

CD2

1 UNKLE - Heaven (King Unique Acapella)
2 UNKLE - Trouble In Paradise (Variation On A Theme) (C2 Version 1)
3 UNKLE - Trouble In Paradise (Variation On A Theme) (UNKLE Surrender Sounds Session #11)
4 System 7 Spacebird (Dubfire Deep Space Remix)
5 Radio Slave - Grindhouse (Dubfire Terror Planet Remix)
6 X-Press 2 - Now I'm On It
7 Mark Broom - Twenty Nine (Broom's 09 Mix)
8 Fergie - Break In
9 King Unique - Dirty (Fergie Mix)
10 Chelonis R. Jones - Deer In The Headlights (Radio Slave Remix)
11 Gavin Herlihy - Machine Ate My Homework
12 James Holden - The Wizard
13 Caribou - Niobe
14 Mystery Jets - Two Doors Down (Reconstructed By Duke Dumont)

I'm not familiar with Lavelle, but considering the GU stone-head that I am, I'll be buying this!
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Re: GU 37 Bangkok: James Lavelle

Postby tarantula » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:09 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuf i adore this guy didn't knew he's an UNKLE member, guess he was involved in "Burn my shadow". I must definetly check this one out

Sanks
tarantula
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:21 pm

i'm only familiar with a little of the tracks..but the ones that I do are SICK :D
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ram12 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 am

Checking it out now! (Didn't have the time before)
ram12
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Qulture » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:43 am

The last time he was on GU , i didnt like that cd very much ... but it looks like this can be promising , will check it out for sure !!
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 pm

I love UNKLE. I got this but haven't listened to it and probably won't have the time to in 2009 lol screw my lifestyle!!!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Genesis » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:07 pm

^ Do you not have an iPod? lol

Can you not stick in your iPod and play in the car to work or on an airplane.......... or toilet seat...
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby tarantula » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:32 pm

^LOOOOOL probably to show you that he's a busy man :lol:
tarantula
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DiabloK » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:11 pm

James Lavelle's UNKLE works are interesting indeed. However from so many reviews i read online, it seems he is a less than average DJ, beat matching problems lol, which could also explain his previous breaks usage, as breaks sounds are among the easiest edm sounds to mix. I also never got really hooked to his solo albums. neutral
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon
DiabloK
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Return to The Music Room