[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Artists of the decade

Artists of the decade

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Artists of the decade

Postby A-Cube » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:59 pm

An interesting serie caught my eye on Goal.com and it's the team of the decade. So why not do our little team of the decade right here music-wise. I know a lot of you are fairly new to the scene and don't know much about trance before 2005 but in the end it's a personal choice and view. I'll kick it off with my picks (there are several categories):

Trance artist of the decade:

Airwave

For me there is not much to consider. Laurent Veronnez is the only trance producer who kept the same high standards in his productions throughout these 10 years. Airwave and MIKE made Bonzai the label that it is today and the latter would be under consideration if his sound didn't alter so much the last few years. Is Airwave the only great trance artist this decade? Absolutely not. Tiesto, Armin and to a certain extent Van Dyk are names that will be remembered for a long time for introducing this music to the big masses and for inspiring the new generation of producers and DJs. But Airwave is in a league of his own.

House artist of the decade:

Nick Warren

Undisputed choice. I realize I have bored so many people with my Nick Warren obsession, but the guy is a legend. Period. The longest-running artist on legendary label Global Underground, Warren has toured the world and is still doing it despite being in his mid-40's (so they say). He was my artist of the year in 2008 and even though 2009 witnessed a small dip in form, Nick is still here whether it is solo or with Jody Wisternoff. There are a lot of good days ahead of him and we certainly haven't seen the last of the big guy. Other artists and DJs who were in the running and who are equally as inspiring as Warren: Tenaglia, Howells, Lawler and many many more.

And for the last category I realized a lot of people would jump on my throat if I don't add it and call me a racist and a child molester. So for the final category:

Techno artist of the decade:

Richie Hawtin

There can only be one. And this one is Plastikman. He was there for the early days, he was there during the decadence and he is still here during the resurgence. The guy has been phenomenal whether it is during his early blonde days or during his Kojak days. Many have come and gone or come back but fact is Hawtin was there and while he's always been a controversial figure, the guy is a cornerstone of the techno music in this decade. I was tempted to pick someone else such as Carl Cox (who could have been selected in any of the 3 categories actually), or Laurent Garnier or Derrick May or even Tomcraft. I ended up choosing Hawtin because that's a personal choice and because I highly doubt the scene would have blossomed the way it has.

Here are mine now who are yours??

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Re: Artists of the decade

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Interesting choice Alain!

Here's mine...

Trance:
It's hard for me to choose between Ferry Corsten and Airwave because those 2 guys kept the same standards in spite of the whole evolution EDM has gone through in the last decade.

House:
I'm not an encyclopedia in House but IMO i think that Eric Prydz deserves this "award" :)

Techno:
Sven Vath
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:17 pm

I picked mine based on their progression flow over the years
In Trance..and only trance:

ATB for alternating his production methods and improvising.
Paul Van Dyk for remaining on top and building an everlasting Trance trademark and fan base.
Ferry Corsten for sticking to the trance roots that he played a major part in creating and modifying his style to fit todays modern trance.
This is a serious topic so I won't pick DJ h1n1.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:34 am

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:04 am

Trance: Corsten

House: Warren

Techno: Holden
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Genesis » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 pm

Aaaah... I don't know.

Definitely Warren & Digweed for me in the house department.
Trance? I suppose Airwave & J00F.
Techno? No idea... mindless noise it is to me.
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby ram12 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Trance:Ferry Corsten

House:John Digweed & Nick Muir

Techno:I have to second Alan on this one : Richie Hawtin and I'll add Pig & Dan.
ram12
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:58 pm

* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Kamil, you sure do observe the weirdest and most pointless things sometimes :P

Anyway, are we sticking to just trance, house, and techno? I'll post the rest here:

Trance: Ferry Corsten (NO SHIT!!!)
House: I lack knowledge when it comes to house but yes, I would say Prydz. Though this doesn't really lock down my final answer.
Techno: Same as above but I'd go for Popof
Breakbeat: Hybrid
Hard Trance: Yoji Biomehanika (spelling?)
Pointless Artist of the Decade: Amr Diab
Awesomest Artist of the Decade: Fadl Shaker
OMGIWOULDBANGHERSIDEWAYS Artist of the Decade: Jenna Haze
Awesomest Mod on TH: Crow
OMGHOTFEMALES on TH: Shy-ism, Tranced, Reemze, Deema
Shitty Lebanese Artist of the Decade: Raneem
IMSOCOOLCUZIWORKFORHRSHIT Employee of the Decade: Dionysos
Awesomest Egyptian-turned-Lebanese dude of the decade: Crow
Most Annoying TH member & Polish citizen: Trancefusion aka Kamil aka Trance Nazi aka I-still-have-that-pic-with-your-Nazi-salute!

On a more serious note, please neglect anything after Hard Trance :P
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby TranceFusion » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:35 pm

^ you masri bastard!!! :lol:

Good choice in hard trance although i have no clue what yoji has been doing in the recent years. You know breakbeat well btw?
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:26 pm

^^ Crow u seem to have hell of a lot free time in ur hands :P
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby crow » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Genesis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Sorry if me reviving this topic is not in the best and most orderly (little do I care really...) but Nick Warren is so far high up on my list of the would-be-worshipped...

ARTIST OF THE DECADE FOR ME. Period.

Why? I've two words for ya: Lima. Shanghai.

I mean look how awesome he is...

Legend... Absolute legend. Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Cube, you and I should meet over a nick-warren-appreciation-session were we just sit all day listening to this man's stuff on a nice lebanese summer sunset... and not end up having sex.
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm

^He's on my list too you know!!! Or am I not good enough for yer Irish arse no more???
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Next

Return to The Music Room