[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - **The Ultimate Global Underground Thread**

**The Ultimate Global Underground Thread**

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

**The Ultimate Global Underground Thread**

Postby Genesis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:30 pm

If the title didn't say it clearly enough: this is a topic were we go crazy over
GU releases.
If you don't know what GU releases are, then you are in the wrong topic.
If you don't know what GU is, there's a Log Out tap at the top right of this
page that I recommend you use.

Here's were we celebrate the essence of EDM, the beauty of progressive
music (trance, house, jazz... don't care)... just progressive...

Here's were we remember that EDM's still great and will be for a long time.
That music is celebrated in the best fashion, that the UK's most respected
record label, will always be respected.
We celebrate that label that kept it together when others have crumbled.
That gave us great music, great names behind every release and timeless
gems (...truly timeless gems...). A label that genuinely loves EDM
and is not shy to show it.

Here's were we rave up for Lostep - Burma
Here's were we go crazy for Cass & Glide
Were we give it up to Junkie XL and Grey Area

We'll go with Deep Dish to Toronto, then fly to Reykjavik with Nick Warren,
and swim after him to Paris. We will go to Melbourne for Dave Seaman,
and Ibiza with Sasha. If we got tired (highly unlikely) we'll just chill out
at Sasha's studio while he puts the revolutionary Involver together.
Oh am sorry, did I forget anyone? Chip in!!!!

If we all listen to Psy, Tech, Prog, or House... GU one table we'll all sit
around in the same frame of mind.

(I will personally kick the crap out of any bug ruining this topic - No
Corsten-Above&Beyond-Tiesto-Buuren-bullcrap)
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby rob » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:28 am

Danny Howells Nubreed 002 remains my favorite GU! specially cd2, uff! Prog house at its peak with a fantastic Tribal + Oriental touch!
This disk was a sufficient reason to make Howells one of my favorite djs

Other favorites: NU003 Steve Lawler & GU033 Layo & Bushwacka @ Rio
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nesta » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:13 am

Global Underground is just..

HUGE!
"Underground is where we live... "

Beirut In the Mix
T: + 961 3 734572
E: nabih@beirutinthemix.com
W: www.beirutinthemix.com
My Space: www.myspace.com/roninandnesta
You Tube: www.youtube.com/roninandnesta

NRJ Mastermix with Nesta every Friday @ 10 PM !
Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby lebanese_raver » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:00 am

Tenaglia's GU-10 is def one of the best! this album is really special since it was one of the first albums that really got me into house music! im actually listening 2 it now.

Emerson's GU-15 is kinfa funky! it can def still make me move! I love this album.

Another special GU is Sasha's Fundacion! this GU has been milked! i used 2 listen 2 it over and over again! it's just lovely! classy! akh! not to mention that its one hell of a trippy album! Genesis and rest u guys have 2 get this album!

And now im thinking that how the fuck all this electro crap music came from! djs can play such classy and quality music nd they go play electro shit lol okay now im going 2 enjoy my GU albums for the rest of the night! spec Sasha's Fundacion! LOVELYYYYYYY!
lebanese_raver
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Qulture » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:40 am

Akhhhh ... such good memories with GU .. i dont know where to start !!

I remember being addicted to Deep Dish's Toronto for the longest time ... and the way cd 1 begins , is brilliant .. with the Diamond Life acapella , followed with Numb in the background !!! and when cd 2 ends with Nothing ( 93 returning mix ) PERFECT !!

Sasha's Ibiza , still sends shivers down my spine ... !! better than san francisco in my opinion ... !! BTW , Sasha is back with GU to give new meaning to the GU cd series ...... very interesting .. INVOLVER 2 ANYONE ???

Paul Oakenfold's cd , was also something to rave about

Satoshi Tomie's NuBreed ... was in my stereo for the longes time .. !! Then came Sander K's NuBreed ... !! which took over for a bit ...

soo many more to talk about .. but i dont have time to write , except one more comment .... my favorite release , from GU , is without a doubt ....

Nothing beats this on the label so far .... cant wait for 2 to come out .. he is already playing out involver 2 edits in his live sets ...
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Nesta » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Sasha's Involver of Course,

Alongside Nick Warren SHANGHAI, Nick Warren PARIS and James Lavelle's ROMANIA

:D :D
"Underground is where we live... "

Beirut In the Mix
T: + 961 3 734572
E: nabih@beirutinthemix.com
W: www.beirutinthemix.com
My Space: www.myspace.com/roninandnesta
You Tube: www.youtube.com/roninandnesta

NRJ Mastermix with Nesta every Friday @ 10 PM !
Nesta
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:49 pm

Paul Oakenfold GU 004: when Oakenfold was a GREAT Dj, one CD Goa trance and the other CD drum n bass. amazing.
Nick Warren GU30
Danny Howells EVERYTHING on GU!!!!!!
best label by far. and defined this music and lifestyle for so many years. Wthout GU, we wouldnt be sweating like idiots in a warehouse with a bunch of other sweaty idiots full fo smiles.
Gonna put on Deep Dish GU25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 pm

I think that my display says it all :mrgreen: ...though it was the Sydney GU by Diggers that hooked me for life...it was like 4 or 5 years ago...amidst all the cheese that I was into back in the day I saw a huge collection of albums at a discotheque that looked the same...I saw one with the name Digweed on it and brought it home...the intro of CD1 and 2 tracks on CD2(Stargazer and Words) changed my whole perspective on electronic music...welcome to the dark side :mrgreen: ...then came along Sasha's GU Ibiza (the perfect guide for young musical n00bs)...after listening to Oakie's GU New York and Oslo I started understanding the deception surrounding this name...

And finally the time came to discover my personal highlight...GU010 Athens by Tenaglia...followed by Emerson's Uruguay...and the list goes on...

Some of the highlights:

Cass & Slide - Perception
BT - Fibonacci Sequence
Moby - Porcelain (Futureshock Remix)
Dave Randall - Bombay
Anthony Rother - Red Light District
That freaky Frank Sinatra track

and many many many more

Share the love people :P ...

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:43 pm

My GU experience started with GU007 with Paul Oakenfold - New York. It is a classic and my all time GU favorite.

Next comes Dave Seaman's Cape Town. I still listen to it every now and then. Brings back great memories every time I play it.

Next is Howells's NuBreed. So powerful and had so many good tracks.

Dave Emerson's Singapoor is another one I enjoy listening to a lot.

As a matter of fact, I like them all. But it's the older ones I prefer.
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Genesis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:36 am

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:37 am

Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:20 am

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Jimpy - Talkin' [Tarrantella Vs Redanka Remix]??? The drums the percussions the breakdown...what a pure piece of beauty...

Needless to mention BPT - Moody...

It is also very nice to see the diversity of M.I.K.E's productions back in the time (Deepest Jungle) and Mac Zimms (Batido - Submission - Make A Move)...

If you thought that Yoji Biomechnanika played hard music then you never heard the Tokyo 005 and Tel-Aviv 001...makes the Japanese cross-dresser sound like a toddler on the decks...

On a last note Paul Jacobs - Soulgrabber Part 3...

And Orb, The - A Huge Evergrowing Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld (Orbital Dance Mix)

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:33 am

Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Qulture » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:55 am

Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Next

Return to The Music Room