[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Old School Electronic music

Old School Electronic music

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Postby A-Cube » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:22 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Shy--Ism » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:40 pm

Sven Väth - The Harlequin,The Robot, and The Ballet Dancer (1994)

01- Intro
02- Harlequin Play Bells
03- Harlequin -The Beauty And The Beast
04- Harlequin's Meditation
05- The Birth Of Robby
06- Robot
07- Ballet-Romance
08- Ballet-Fusion
09- Ballet-Dancer

Too much good talking about this piece of art. I will only insist on recommending this album. A must have in your musical library: beautiful mixture, gorgeous essential :).
The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby rob » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:32 am

^ Witty pick Sara! This is a really underrated piece!

Not that I complain about the present-day Sven, but I almost wish his new music was more like this particular album.. This is an experimental work of art that doesn't fall into any clear genre it has a lot of minimalist sounds, its not crappy dance, not ridiculous ambient, but a great combination of both. I also love how he named the tracks, the harlequin represents the happy, amusing side of the album, the robot is the logical and mechanical part and the ballet dancer, more like the emotive face of the piece.

Now this.

Boards of Canada – Music Has the right for Children 1998

1. "Wildlife Analysis" – 1:17
2. "An Eagle in Your Mind" – 6:23
3. "The Color of the Fire" – 1:45
4. "Telephasic Workshop" – 6:35
5. "Triangles & Rhombuses" – 1:50
6. "Sixtyten" – 5:48
7. "Turquoise Hexagon Sun" – 5:07
8. "Kaini Industries" – 0:59
9. "Bocuma" – 1:35
10. "Roygbiv" – 2:31
11. "Rue the Whirl" – 6:39
12. "Aquarius" – 5:58
13. "Olson" – 1:31
14. "Pete Standing Alone" – 6:07
15. "Smokes Quantity" – 3:07
16. "Open the Light" – 4:25
17. "One Very Important Thought" – 1:14
18. "Happy Cycling" – 7:51

This is some really, really good Ambient, Im listening to this everywhere I go… BoC are the Pink Floyds of the new millennium!
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Shy--Ism » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 am

The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby rob » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:34 pm

"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Genesis » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:31 am

I'm having a feeling this album has already been mentioned here but still... Fucking LOVE this album!!

Disc 1

"Velvet" (Chiller Twist Cosmosis Remix) (7:50)
"Ubik" (The Dance Remix) (5:41)
"Jazzin' the Way You Know" (Menage a Trois Remix) (4:43)
"Clarkness" (Slacker Remix) (6:21)
"Point 7" (Original Mix) (5:55)
"Night Stalker" (Original Mix) (5:41)
"Melodica" (Original Mix) (10:28)
"Descent" (Original Mix) (6:01)
"Bullet in the Gun 2000" (Rabbit in the Moon Mix) (5:09)
"Cried to Dream "(Max Graham Remix) (10:01)
"Bar None" (Original Mix) (6:02)

Disc 2

Brancaccio & Aisher - "Darker" (Reset the Breaks Mix) (6:47)
PMT - "Gyromancer" (Wookie Slut Mix) (5:42)
"Dooms Night" (Timo Remix) (5:24)
"Over Emotion" (Original Mix) (5:32)
"Lost Vagueness" (Oliver Lieb Vocal Remix) (5:42)
Mekka - "Diamondblack" (Original Mix) (6:04)
"Flesh" (Tiësto Remix) (6:52)
Blackwatch - "North Sky" (Original Mix) (6:16)
"Sunrise" (DJ Tiësto Remix) (5:15)
"Silence" (DJ Tiësto in Search of Sunrise Remix) (10:12)
Element 4 - "Big Brother" (Original Mix) (9:58)

Easily one of Oakey's best compilation! Legend!

I miss the bastard! :|
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Genesis » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:42 am

I am in such a renaissance mood right now!! Love him or hate him; this is a classic! Max Graham was simply fantastic at the time.

Track listing

1. Waiting (John Creamer remix) - Nat Monday
2. Superstar (Bill Hamel mix) - Johnston, Jan
3. This Is Not A Breakdown - Realm
4. Megatron - Flash
5. Bumper (Plump DJ's mix) - Elektronauts
6. Idioteque - Radiohead
7. Into The Dawn (Ashtrax remix) - Accadia
8. Maas Attacks - Maas, Timo
9. Transit - Arena
10. Narayan - Prodigy

1. Different Signs - World Clique
2. I Feel Loved (Danny Tenaglia's labour of love mix) - Depeche Mode
3. Summer Song (Be My Friend) (Davoli's propane mix) - Nilo
4. Feeling - AB/DC
5. Beautiful Day (the Perfecto mix) - U2
6. Sepia - Graham, Max
7. Deep Blue (remix) - Nuclear Ramjet
8. Day After - Flash
9. Silent Words (Solarstone vocal mix) - Johnston, Jan
10. Open Our Eyes (instrumental) - Insigma
11. ResuRection (space club mix) - PPK

I don't know if you guys know that or not, but Oakenfold remixed all the tunes before playing them into the compilation (same with Travelling and Another World - though am not totally sure about the latter)

Genius! Kind of steals Sasha's thunder in Involver though :p
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:11 am

The first one has already been shared...check the 1st page :mrgreen:

As for the 2nd I'm not sure about it but what the heck...it's here might as well please our eyes and ears to what Oakie was about...

1st compilation is easily one of the highlights of the beginning of the 21st century...

Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:08 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Raneem » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:18 pm

Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby DiabloK » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:58 pm

not very oldskool (1999), but you tranceheads should really listen to this album in case you haven't yet (when trance was quality and blablabla and yes yes, it's Pappa):

[align=center]The Best of Platipus - Mixed by Anthony Pappa[/align]

[align=center]Image[/align]

# Audio CD (December 7, 1999)
# Original Release Date: November 30, 1999
# Number of Discs: 2
# Label: Platipus

1-01 Narcotik Blue (5:43)
1-02 I-Ching Ways Of Love (5:56)
Featuring - Patrick Reid
1-03 Union Jack Two Full Moons And A Trout (7:22)
1-04 Poltergeist Vicious Circles (Union Jack Remix) (6:31)
Remix - Union Jack
1-05 Union Jack Morning Glory (2:55)
1-06 Art Of Trance Gloria (Clanger Remix) (4:25)
Remix - Clanger
1-07 Art Of Trance Cambodia (Clanger Remix) (2:17)
Remix - Clanger
1-08 Quietman Sleeper (Man With No Name Remix) (5:53)
Remix - Man With No Name
1-09 L.S.G. Hidden Sun Of Venus (5:57)
1-10 Union Jack Cockroach (3:49)
1-11 Humate 3.1.98 (Bedrock Remix) (8:59)
Remix - Bedrock
1-12 Terra Ferma Lunar Sunrise (6:26)

2-01 Art Of Trance Kaleidoscope (Sunday Club Remix) (9:13)
Remix - Sunday Club
2-02 Universal State Of Mind All Because Of You (Minesweeper Mix) (4:50)
2-03 Albion Air (5:33)
2-04 Libra Presents Taylor Calling Your Name (Ferry Corsten Mix) (3:54)
Presenter - Libra
Remix - Ferry Corsten
2-05 AMbassador The Fade (3:54)
2-06 Moogwai A Night Out (4:36)
2-07 Art Of Trance Madagascar (6:39)
2-08 Salamander Tempest (Union Jack Remix) (4:17)
Remix - Union Jack
2-09 Union Jack Red Herring (4:27)
2-10 Pob Strata (Clanger Remix) (8:01)
Remix - Clanger
2-11 Quietman Tranquil (Art Of Trance Remix) (5:49)
Remix - Art Of Trance
2-12 Art Of Trance Easter Island (Cygnus X Remix) (3:49)
Remix - Cygnus X

http://www.discogs.com/release/34069
DiabloK
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Marshall Jeffersson - Move Your Body (Frankie Knuckle's House Your Anthem Mix)

One of the tracks that defined house music, from 1986.

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Platipus was one of my favorite labels in the late 90s!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby TranceFusion » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm

^ ROFLMAO at your signature!!! In what topic?!
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:15 pm

I wonder if I'll ever get over this tune...

course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

PreviousNext

Return to The Music Room