[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Trance in Lebanon

Trance in Lebanon

Anything related to music is discussed here.

Moderator: MODs

Postby psycho » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:28 am

emm guys dont u think that age has something to do with it?? like the older ppl become, the more they are attracted by house/club geners and even they flip to hishtick bishtik :p or to smoothing lounge :hippy2: . because (imo) they get to attend more and more into clubs/pubs and less into huge gigs and gatherings and vice versa ;)

and ofcourse when they reach their 40s they flip to electro :P :mrgreen:

50-60s old fayrouz oum calthoum 3abba 7aleem and those old tracks :p

...etc :mrgreen:

HEAVY METAL RULESSS :headbang: !!!!!! :crazy:
psycho
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Path;)s ! » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:12 pm

funny
Path;)s !
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby JAD » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:26 pm

hilarious
JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby ADRENALIN » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:54 am

ADRENALIN
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:35 am

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby DIONYSOS » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:33 pm

REVIVE !

No, I can't stress enough on this topic, and the message it conveys.

This issue is still haunting my thoughts, and no significant changes have occured ever since this thread was first created, nor since it was revived a while back.

I just spent the last half hour re-reading all the replies on this topic. A lot of insightful and educated contributions have been made by a number of quality members, some of which whose high-calibre activity on the forum is dearly missed.
I don't expect you to do the same and read the entire thread, but at least re-read the initial post made by myself, and the replies that you yourselves have made in the past, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what your present thoughts are on the issue. The new members can also read the initial post on page1 to know what this is all about, then share their thoughts with the rest of us.

Trance in Lebanon: discuss.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby samer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Immy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:38 pm

Immy (The Trance Machine) Project Codename: Trancep
arentalhedonisticorgazm. DANCE LIKE YA DODGIN' BULLETS!!

~~ Signum 'The Timelord'~~ (a State of Trance)
~~ Inertia 'The Chamber' (O' Callaghan Mix)~~ (Digital)
~~ Askew and O' Callaghan 'Game Over'~~ (Digital)
~~ Marcos 'Cosmicstring'~~ (Vandit)
~~ Mark Otten 'Random Walk' (Nu Nrg Mix)
Immy
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:33 pm

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby outlawDJ » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:36 pm

Biggest Beach event of the year! No.1 Pool Party!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2 ... 619&ref=nf

-----Dance Factory Productions-----
outlawDJ
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:02 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Raneem » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:04 pm

^ Lebanon is not the real target of Trance music imo..
Most of people here listen to Arabic, R'N'B, Hip-Hop, and House (only some)..
and what is more and more being liked nowdays is CARLOS, the one and only ONE MAN SHOW..haha!
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Icepick » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:10 pm

^ I THough someone would open the Carlos issue... this guy has become a Phen. that everyone is trying to witness with their bare eyes.. he releases a cd everyweek with some of his show tracks!

Imo there should be more of trance nightclubs in lebanon, specificly Trance because BO and Basment Play house, lebanon needs a trance dedicated club...but as Raneem said lebanese crowd is interested in RNB and Arabic stuff!
once upon a time there was a boy that was born to make a change in this cruel world of mortals. this boy became a man and this man became old and died. thats about it..
Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 pm

^ And this is what makes me sad. Although i'm really happy to have found other educated trancers than me the last 2 years, i still see that there's a lot to do in Lebanon in order to make the trance scene bigger and stronger. Sometimes i get the impression that Lebanon was too much influenced by french culture :roll: (that's just a feeling! no facts here :) ) which is focused on house music... makes France look almost like an intruder in Europe :lol:
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby rob » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:42 pm

..Another issue: Music VS Architecture
Most of Beirut clubs are DARK inner-city underground venues.. Playing BRIGHT music there just wouldn’t sound right.. It will destroy the whole concept of the place and the total meaning of the music. That’s mostly why Tech music suits clubs better than Bright Uplifting.
Ever thought how lame BO18 would turn without Dark prog?
That’s one of the reasons y I’ve been backing up Dyo to play his distinctive dark side of trance, I guess this would give him more openings for a residency.

The only place in Beirut I can Imagine favorable to be transformed into a Trance Venue is Rooftop.. The view on Beirut is dreamy!
other than this one I would see a Trance venue as a glass box outside Beirut with a view on a illuminated forest/garden, beach or mountain.
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

PreviousNext

Return to The Music Room