[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Armin Van Buuren - A State Of Trance Top20 2007 (20-12-07)

Armin Van Buuren - A State Of Trance Top20 2007 (20-12-07)

Armin Van Buuren's weekly Trance show.

Moderator: MODs

Armin Van Buuren - A State Of Trance Top20 2007 (20-12-07)

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:33 am

[align=center]Let Armin van Buuren bring you to A State Of Trance in this latest installment of his world-famous radio show!

This second to last episode of the year features Armin "Non-Stop In The Mix" with the Top 20 Trance tracks played in "A State Of Trance" in 2007 - as chosen by you the listeners!

Image[/align]

Tracklist
20. Above & Beyond - Good For Me (Thomas Datt Bootleg Remix) [1328 points / 410 votes]
19. Cosmic Gate - Body Of Conflict (Extended Vocal Mix) [1339 points / 488 votes]
18. Breakfast - The Sunlight [1534 points / 473 votes]
17. Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren - Light The Skies (Retrobyte's Classic Electrobounce Mix) [1554 points / 488 votes]
16. Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix) [1663 points / 479 votes]
15. DJ Shah featuring Adrina Thorpe - Who Will Find Me (Original Summer Sunrise Mix) [1671 points / 530 votes]
14. Jonas Steur featuring Jennifer Rene - Fall To Pieces [1681 points / 521 votes]
13. Ilse De Lange - The Great Escape (Armin van Buuren Remix) [1687 points / 556 votes]
12 Above & Beyond present Tranquility Base - Oceanic (Original Mix) [1714 points / 559 votes]
11. Filo & Peri featuring Eric Lumiere - Anthem (Original Mix) [1724 points / 533 votes]
10. Armin van Buuren - The Sound Of Goodbye (Nic Chagall's Drumbeat Re-Edit) [1807 points / 582 votes]
09. Paul van Dyk & Starkillers & Austin Leeds featuring Ashley Tomberlin - New York City [1901 points / 648 votes]
08. Vincent De Moor - Fly Away (Cosmic Gate Remix) [1969 points / 623 votes]
07. First State featuring Anita Kelsey - Falling [1977 points / 682 votes]
06. Armin van Buuren - Rush Hour [2205 points / 726 votes]
05. The Blizzard - Kalopsia (Original Mix) [2552 points / 780 votes]
04. Above & Beyond - Home (Above & Beyond Club Mix) [2578 points / 850 votes]
03. Dash Berlin - Till The Sky Falls Down (Vocal Mix) [2607 points / 821 votes]
02. Armin van Buuren versus Rank 1 featuring Kush - This World Is Watching Me (Cosmic Gate Remix) [3414 points / 948 votes]
01. John O'Callaghan featuring Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Agnelli & Nelson Remix) [4703 points / 1415 votes]

This must be the Top20 from 100 to 80. Armin said that the majority of voters are Americans. Those freakin yankees showed how ****** uneducated they are in Trance music. Freakin yankees who swim in the pool of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and other poppish bitches whose songs are on radios. Go listen to the ****** radio if you love so much vocals and lyrics for Trance's sake!!
This top20 shows 2 important things:
1- The voters: they literally SUCK. Like Krow said, and i agree with him at 101%, many noobs entered the scene and voted this year. They are a majority unfortunately. Just because "wooow this is Trance! I love Trance!" doesn't mean that its works like commercial music. No Britney Spears here. Non-lyrics tracks here we have. Someone please tell me where are the Trancers SEAN TYAS (One More Night Out), ALY & FILA, MENNO DE JONG (Nolthando / Solid State), ADAM NICKEY (Never Gone), SUPER8 & TAB (Suru), AIRBASE, ALEX MORPH (I Love Trance).... and the list goes on!!!
Fans keep the scene alive they say. But talking in music is like in politics, we choose words carefully. Those noobs are poisoning the scene! Once again the real, pure TRANCE is killed. Educated Trancers, once again defeated by noobs. Like one of the TH members said a couple of months ago, Trance needs a new underground and definitely some deep deep deep cleaning!! WE WANT QUALITY TRANCE BACK!!!
*gets a vacuum cleaner and cleans the scene*

2- The scene is getting shittier and shittier year after year. But it's not a big bunch of commercialized uneducated noobs who will take away my eternal passion for Trance music (and i mean melodies).

Let me do my own filtering here:
19. Cosmic Gate - Body Of Conflict (Extended Vocal Mix) OUT
17. Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren - Light The Skies (Retrobyte's Classic Electrobounce Mix) OUT
15. DJ Shah featuring Adrina Thorpe - Who Will Find Me (Original Summer Sunrise Mix) OUT
14. Jonas Steur featuring Jennifer Rene - Fall To Pieces OUT
13. Ilse De Lange - The Great Escape (Armin van Buuren Remix) OUT
11. Filo & Peri featuring Eric Lumiere - Anthem (Original Mix) WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE?! OUT OUT OUT!!!!!!
10. Armin van Buuren - The Sound Of Goodbye (Nic Chagall's Drumbeat Re-Edit) OUT!!
09. Paul van Dyk & Starkillers & Austin Leeds featuring Ashley Tomberlin - New York City INTRUDER ALERT!!! OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTTTTTTTT!!!
02. Armin van Buuren versus Rank 1 featuring Kush - This World Is Watching Me (Cosmic Gate Remix) @^$%@#^@# OUTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*throat dies*

I'm not saying those tracks suck. #17, #15, #14 and #13 don't suck. But they just don't belong in the Top20! Which shows how stupid the crowd can get (and it can get even more than that). I have literally seriously a headache now from all this vocal non-Trance music and even Panadol won't help. I won't listen to Vocal Trance for 1 month now! And my close friends can test me. After 1 month i'll evaluate and add 1 more month if needed.

More seriously, i'll say it again. Most of the tracks here do NOT suck. I'm gonna pass to the positive:
The Sunlight, Formentera What, Oceanic, Fly Away, Rush Hour, Falling, Kalopsia, Home, Till The Sky Falls Down are the positive points here. I don't agree with the positions of a few of them, but they deserve the Top20. Another good thing i liked in the show is the many DJs who wished us Merry Christmas, like PvD, Ferry, Sebastian Brandt, The Blizzard, Sophie Sugar (<3), Lange and others.
I can't believe that the Top20 of 2007 is so similar to the one of 2006. But there is a little improvement. Congratz to the #1 for Big Sky! After seeing most of the tracks, we were afraid of seeing a shittier track up there...
As a reminder, here's the Top20 of 2006:
http://www.trancehits.com/viewtopic.php?t=12565

*leaves the room powerless, sad and disappointed*
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:08 am

Of all the tracks I voted for, only Falling made it :P
But still, I expected most of theswe tracks to be here
All of these tracks are pretty good, but I strongly disagree with 2: Anthem & New York City
Still, 2007 was a very good year for trance
Here's hoping that 2008 turns out even better than this one!
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:19 am

^ Of my vote only Oceanic made it... LOL even One Night In Tokyo didn't make it... it's fuckin pathetic.

And to be honest i'm surprised such beautiful uplifting track made it to this Top20. It should be all vocal! 3anjad 7aram... where are Invincible, Wouldn't Change a Thing, Daydream, Carry Me Away, etc... they are much better than the Trancy One More Night Out, Lost Language, Solid State, Never Gone, Amnesia, Perspective, Suru, Make Me Believe, Bells Of Tiananmen, Torrent. And btw, shouldn't there be Deadmau5 also? Of course it should be, cuz Deadmau5 plays Trance music :D oh man this Top20 is so not fair! Rush Hour and Kalopsia should be substituted with Arguru and a vocal track!
Totally fucked up scene. I expect to see in 2008 more tracks that sound like Deadmau5. If so, CHANGE THE SHOW'S FUCKIN NAME.
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Omaro » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:51 am

Four tracks I voted for are there, I'm personally somewhat surprised these tracks made it to the list: light the skies, anthem, sound of goodbye and this world is watching me are there (I like the last two, but I don’t really think they’re top 20 material)... I agree with Kamil, nobody voted for Tyas’s productions or remixes at least?! Where the fuck is Never Gone?

Oh well... Could’ve been worse, at least the pure Irish track and remix “Big Sky” is the top track and not a guetta track :P
Omaro
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:16 am

^ Sean Tyas, Aly & Fila, Adam Nickey, Nitrous Oxide and all those pure and beautiful Trance tracks are where they are supposed to be: in our HEARTS. This is the best and only place.
Fuck Top20's and noobs who ruin the scene :) it's been 2h the show is over, i already got over it. I don't care about the scene anymore, being egoistic is healthier cuz at least i don't get mad. From now on i'll be lol-ing everytime i see such tracklists :wink: and that includes tech, cuz it's not monotonous bass and dirty melodies that take to a state of trance (check dictionary for definition).
Last edited by TranceFusion on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Omaro » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:18 am

I personally like vocal trance but that list is way too 'vocal'!
Omaro
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:22 am

^ Exactly, i like Vocal too, but too much of it is bad :( it should be more diverse...
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby michoz.d » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:11 am

the five tracks i voted for are there! hehe yeah 2 much vocal!! :(
michoz.d
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:38 pm

^ Interesting.
You should be happy that your five vocal tracks are there, so why the sadness that there is too much vocal? If you're sad you should have voted for non-vocal tracks.
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby michoz.d » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Last edited by michoz.d on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
michoz.d
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby RocK » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:33 pm

" Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, In Trance We Trust! "
RocK
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Tala » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:31 am

Dear Kamil, take it easy :)

Ok, I agree with you to some extend.. I was listening to the show tonight and I had a "SOMEHOW" close reaction to yours. Some other producers are not getting what they truly deserve. But here again we may have to target that "commercial" thing we already discussed several times in this forum! People are prone to like what they listen to the most; what may become "commercial" later on!

Since this was based on voting, then I personally consider it "fair" and "democratic"..
It's your life, DIVE it well!
Tala
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Housezone » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Nice To See Above & Beyond & The Blizard In The Top 5 :wink:
John O'Callaghan featuring Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Agnelli & Nelson Remix) That's For Sure :)
Housezone
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Osiris » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:07 pm

Osiris
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby samer » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Kamil take it easy dude, mabadda hal2ad!! if you dont like the results no need to get mad or think that the scene is going down it's just how democracy work my friend... not everyone get easy access to everything like most of us hardcore trancers are, they just get to check mostly the tracks that get played a lot in shows and clubs thus making them even more popular!

elmoheim to take it easy eh?! :)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Next

Return to Armin Van Buuren - A State Of Trance