[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Ryan Giggs wins Sports Personality of the Year 2009 Award

Ryan Giggs wins Sports Personality of the Year 2009 Award

Everything related to sports.

Moderator: MODs

Ryan Giggs wins Sports Personality of the Year 2009 Award

Postby Genesis » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 pm

LEGEND!!!

A shocked Ryan Giggs won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award in a result that went against all predictions. The 36 year-old, only the fifth footballer to win the award, was lost for words as he attempted to put together a speech.

"This is a big shock," said Giggs. "If I wasn't nervous enough, my heroes are here: Seb Coe and Michael Johnson. Honestly this is unbelievable. This is a shock as you can tell by the speech I prepared." Giggs polled 29.4% of the 516,473 votes, streets ahead of the competition, prompting his manager of 19 years, Sir Alex Ferguson, to send him a congratulatory text.

"I've been lucky enough to win a lot of things in my career playing with great players, under the greatest manager that's ever lived, but this is up there," said the Manchester United winger who has won two European Cups, 11 league titles, four FA Cups and three League Cups but appeared humbled to be the public's choice.

"I grew up watching this TV programme and to see the people that have won it to be up there is unbelievable. Liberty and Zach, you can go to bed now - that's my children - you've got school in the morning. Thanks a lot."

The Wales international joked that the award could become pivotal in any contract negotiations. "I'll probably have to put it on the table, if I'm struggling," he said. "I'm in total shock to win this award and tremendously proud."

Many will speculate that Manchester's United's huge fan base weighted the voting in his favour as Jenson Button could poll no better than second place. The world champion refused to hide his disappointment. "As any sportsman would say they'd be disappointed to be second, I came here to - hopefully - win," he said. "I didn't but the person that beat me I respect very much, so well done to him."

Third place went to Jessica Ennis, the world champion heptathlete. "This time last year I was watching it on the telly just feeling really disappointed that I wasn't part of it. I did have an invite to come but I was so down and depressed I thought coming here might push me over the edge. Then to be a massive part of it this year is just the complete opposite end of the spectrum, it's such a change around. It's really surreal."

Tom Daley won the junior award for the second time while Fabio Capello won coach of the year. Andrew Strauss accepted the award for team of the year on behalf of the England cricket team while a moving tribute to Seve Ballesteros - presented the lifetime achievement award by José María Olazábal - was streamed live from Spain.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/de ... nality-bbc
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Re: Ryan Giggs wins Sports Personality of the Year 2009 Award

Postby Fawzi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:27 pm

Legend "be kell ma3na el kelme"!!

http://www.sirryangiggs.com/
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 pm

:salute:
naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

shouldve gone to Jensen :roll:

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Genesis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 am

^ Why? You're only as good as your car is - you could be Michael Schumacher's grand daddy of racing, but if you're in a shit car (Like Button's cars have been for the last few years) then you won't even win a carrot.

I honestly thought David Haye (Boxing Heavyweight Champion) would win it. But I'm delighted for Giggs - 36 years old and still going strong all over the pitch; unbelievable athlete!

Fully deserved it. Unexpected, but deserved.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:48 am

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Return to Sports