Legend Michael Schumacher makes F1 comeback!

Everything related to sports.

Moderator: MODs

Legend Michael Schumacher makes F1 comeback!

Postby Genesis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Ferrari have confirmed seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher will make a sensational return to Formula One to stand in for Felipe Massa.

German legend Schumacher still works for Ferrari as an advisor and, after Massa suffered serious injuries in a crash at the Hungarian grand prix, he will now get back behind the wheel once again.
Although the idea was originally rubbished, Ferrari have confirmed that Schumacher will come out of retirement to replace Massa - provided he passes a fitness test.

"Ferrari intends to entrust Michael Schumacher with Felipe Massa's car for as long as the Brazilian driver is not able to race," a Ferrari statement said.
"Michael Schumacher has shown his willingness and in the next few days he will undergo a specific programme of preparation at the end of which it will be possible to confirm his participation in the championship starting with the European Grand Prix on Aug. 23."

Although Schumacher has been retired for almost three years, he felt that he owed it to Ferrari to step in for Massa until the Brazilian is fit enough to return.

"This afternoon I met with (team principal) Stefano Domenicali and (president) Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe," Schumacher said on his official website.
"Though it is true the Formula One chapter has been closed for me for some time, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore this unfortunate situation.
"But as the competitor I am, I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."

Schumacher must prove his fitness first, but he has some time to prepare as the F1 season takes a summer break ahead of the European Grand Prix in Valencia.
Schumacher, 40, sustained a neck injury in a motorcycle accident in February, and must prove he is fully recovered before embarking on his comeback.

During his career, Schumacher won 91 times in 250 grand grix starts until he called it a day and retired in October 2006

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 65,00.html

Fucking yea!!! I love this man! Absolute legend!

I'm just afraid that the expectations will be too high on him. I personally have no expectation at all - Ferrari is too slow this year - I'm just happy to him race again! I can finally watch F1 again, I haven't watched a full race since Schumacher retired.
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Re: Legend Michael Schumacher makes F1 comeback!

Postby TranceFusion » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Hmmm... never was a fan of him, it's boring to see the same guy winning 7 years in a row, just like it's boring to see lyon win 8 championships in a row, but respect to Schumi anyway and good luck!
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby tarantula » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:34 pm

just how it will be boring to see MU winning the EPL 4 yrs in a row :lol:

Glad to see Mike back, i stopped watching F1 since he retiered
tarantula
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:08 am

So F1 is back to being a one man show. :|
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Genesis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 pm

^ Oh please. This is an overstatement.

Plus, Ferrari this year are very poor. Doesn't matter how good a driver you are, if the car can't pull it together, you can't compete.

Again, I've no expectations from Schumi as the car is far from optimum this year. I'm just glad to see him race again, his competitiveness is unmatched and I'm delighted to see him behind the wheel again pushing all them new kids on the block.
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:12 pm

F1 this year is really awesome and it could still be anyone's game despite the fact that Button has a real good advantage. Hamilton's win in Hungary was great, bringing him back in the top 10 and next up in Valencia I have a feeling he is going to continue his streak. All good, the season is still pretty long.

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Legend Michael Schumacher changes his mind about making a come back to F1.

Ferrari was in with a bang, now it looks like the scarlet racers will be out with soggy whimpers: Michael Schumacher has canceled his F1 return due to lingering pain in his neck from a motorcycle accident earlier this year.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Genesis » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Yea I read it yesterday ... what a disappointment...
His neck can't sustain the pressure of all the forces in a F1 car.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Nicktalopia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Ferrari is in big trouble now
The substitute lacks experience but who knows he might surprise us.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Roy vR » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:38 pm

badoer hasn't raced since 1999 when he was still in minardi and is a whole decade older than massa at 38 yrs. old so don't expect much plus ferrari-as well as maclaren and sauber bmw- problem of concentrating on preparing new mods to the 2008 cars late thru last season put them in a disadvantage for this year so the car too hasn't much potentional to offer. so at most we shuld compare badoer to massa and raikonnen's time and not to the faster red bulls and brawn gps.
.the underground world is the place to be.
Roy vR
New Trancer
New Trancer

Return to Sports