[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - What team would you put together?

What team would you put together?

Everything related to sports.

Moderator: MODs

What team would you put together?

Postby Genesis » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Right, I'm getting into this Fantasy Football thing and I have to say, it's turning out to be fun so far. So I'm putting a team together and I need your help in this.
It'd be more fun if you lads joined in and made your own teams but I'd like to have your suggestions on this as I'm not a total footy head as some of you are.

The rules are simple:
I can't select more than 2 players from the same club.
Players have to be selected from the premier league.
I have a budget of 55M pounds (but that doesn't matter, just give me your suggestions anyway).

The prize is pretty good: 10K cash for first prize. 40 Inch plasma, PS3, and a laptop for second place. Ipod, 2 tickets to an England match and an England shirt for third place (this is quite poo but I could really use that Ipod.)

Anyway, here's the team I have so far -

GK Tim Howard (Everton)
DF Joleon Lescott (Everton)
DF Luke Young (Aston Villa)
DF John Terry (Chelsea)
DF Richard Dunne (C) (Manchester City)
MF Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)
MF Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
MF Luis Antonio Valencia (Manchester United)
MF Ashley Young (Aston Villa)
ST Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
ST Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

This puts me right on the budget that I'm supposed to spend to build the team. Obviously, I can drop a few players to buy better ones but am not sure if I have enough knowledge to pick the right players instead of the weaker ones in this team that I have right now.
Yes I would want Gerard & Mascherano from Liverpool. I would want Ferdinand, Vidic, & Van der Sar from United. I really think I need to improve the defense for this team but this means I'll have to go to cheaper choices up front & in the mid field to improve the defense so fire your suggestions away.

And make your own teams - it's great fun!

www.fantasyfootball.skysports.com
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Re: What team would you put together?

Postby tarantula » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 pm

the link is not working and i cannot get the player's prices
but inyour defense you should get rid of dunne and get a left back with a low budget i suggest baines or gibbs
As for the midfield you are playing 3 wingers and that's kind of impossible, you already have made the perect choice when picking alonso, so i guess you have let go valencia or walcott and get yourself an attacking midfielder.
tarantula
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:30 pm

When it comes to fantasy, you have to find the players that stay healthy throughout the season and give you a reliable and consistent performance as well as numbers. The players that can hurt you in this way on your line-up are Walcott and Torres, on a good day they will bolster your ratings considerably but will hurt you badly in case of an injury. I think you can find more productive players than Luke Young or Valencia, and Ashley Young tends to float during periods of the season. And drop Richard Dunne and select Matthew Upson. Your line-up is solid but could use a tweak or two.

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 am

^ So how would you put a team together then?
Whom would you select?

Just line-up 11 players and let me see how you'd do it...
Problem is, I can't wait till the season starts to select a fantasy team. I have to do it before the season starts. I'm allowed to make transfers, but only after the season starts so I can't know who will perform well and then put the team together. I have to make a bit of a gamble.

Where do you play your fantasy Cube? Oh, any sites to play Fantasy Rugby that you know of? lol.. Top 14 Fantasy would be grand stuff!
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:50 am

GK Shay Given (City)
DF Joleon Lescott (Bitters)
DF Luke Young (Villa)
DF John Terry (Chavs)
DF Vidic (ManScum)
MF Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)
MF Lampard (Chavs)
MF Luis Antonio Valencia (ManScum)
MF Ashley Young (Villa)
ST Fernando Torres (C) (Liverpool)
ST Tevez (city)

here is a very quick attempt... things to look out for as other mentioned are injuries... More importantly, you would want the captain to be the highest scorer and therefore i switched it to Torres.

also in terms of midfield, no fantasy league "that i know of" evaluates defensive midfielders in a fair way... so just skip them altogether, also i don't think it would matter at all if you had 4 wingers in your midfield, having a balanced team got nothing to do with scores because they are individual player scores.

i'm 100% sure this team will be over budget (and didn't want to tinker with many of your picks because i don't know prices)... if that is the case substitute Tevez with Crouchie (pompey)
BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby A-Cube » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 am

So did you tweak your team or not yet? Send us the new list with the prices.

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:33 am

I had Alonso on the team but now he's moved to Real.
Van der Sar is also out injured for 8 weeks so I need to change my keeper.

I'll work on it tomorrow and update it.

Edit: Do you play Fantasy Rugby? Top 14 of course... lol
If you do, and hope fully in english, do you have a url I can follow?
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:49 am

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Genesis » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:05 pm

I received it yea, thanks for that.

I'll work on it today.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Genesis » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Right....

GK Shay Given (Man City)
DF Joleon Lescott (Everton)
DF Luke Young (Aston Villa)
DF John Terry (Chelsea)
DF Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
MF Luis Antonio Valencia (Man Utd)
MF Ashley Young (Aston Villa)
MF Matt Taylor (Bolton)
MF Stephen Ireland (C) (Man City)
ST Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
ST Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

This is right on budget.

I also have this drafted which is also on budget -

GK Shay Given (Man City)
DF Paul Koncheski (Fulham)
DF Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd)
DF John Lescott (Everton)
DF Aaron Hughes (Fulham)
MF Stephen Ireland (Man City)
MF Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
MF Mark Taylor (Bolton)
MF Marwane Fellaini (Everton)
CF Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)
CF Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Less stellar names in the second team but it's on budget and they all scored good points last year.
I desperately wanted Gerrard, but at 7 Mill pounds, I had to go to Lampard instead.

So? Opinions? Which one should I go for?
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby tarantula » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Here's my team

Given (Sorensen)
Richards, Gibbs, vidic, King (Spector)
Mascherano, Arshavin, Pienaar, Nani (Eagles)
Rooney, Van Persie (A. Johnson)
tarantula
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:29 am

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Return to Sports