[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - DARUDE

DARUDE

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

DARUDE

Postby Dreamboy » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:34 pm

It all started with a brilliantly engineered sound that increased in frequency, until it sounded like an alarm. Your only chance was to dance for your life. The sound developed into a track which was one of the most popular dance tracks in Europe in 2000. The track was 'Sandstorm'. It's success started from Finland as a tidal wave which eventually swept over UK and USA.

Darude (Finnish artist/producer Ville Virtanen) found dance music when he was still in school. He started with a PC and a simple tracker program but soon moved to sound modules and samplers. He made music with the thought that someday his tracks would make it big time.

The name Darude developed gradually during a long period of time. Ville played one particular song a lot on DJ gigs: 'Rude Boy' by swedish artist Leila K. Friends started to call him 'Rude Boy' which developed to 'The Rude', 'Da Rude' and finally Darude.

Darude's career got started when he met acclaimed Finnish dance producer Jaakko 'JS 16' Salovaara, the man behind successful artists like Bomfunk MC's. Salovaara signed Darude to his dance label 16 Inch Records and produced the track in co-operation with Ville.

'Sandstorm' was suddenly very popular among Finnish DJs. It went directly to number one position on the Finnish Dance Chart and dominated the chart for 17 weeks. The song found it's way to England via Internet and respectable club DJs started to play the song. Soon the biggest radio stations followed and the way to British sales charts was wide open. In June 2000 Darude became the first Finnish artist ever to reach top 3 position on UK's single chart.

'Sandstorm' sold platinum in Scandinavia and Ireland and gold in the UK and Germany. The worldwide sales of 'Sandstorm' is about 1,5 - 2 million units. The single was also the world's best selling 12' vinyl in 2000. An amazing result from a song which was totally instrumental and represented trance music.

The second single 'Feel The Beat' continued the success of it's predecessor. It went to #1 in the Finnish Dance Chart, the UK Club Chart, Mixology Dance Chart UK and the Australian Dance Chart. Altogether it conquered the Top3 in ten countries. Darude's debut album 'Before The Storm' sold double platinum in Finland and gold in Canada. The worldwide sales are about 600.000 - 800.000 units.

Darude's success around the world kept him on the road for a total of nine months in 2001. In the spring of 2002 Darude finished his seven week Tour de Trance in the USA until taking some well deserved vacation.

The first single from Darude's second album 'Rush' is simply entitled 'Music'. The track conquered the #1 positions on the Finnish Singles Chart, the Finnish Dance Chart and the Finnish Disco Chart. The second single 'Next To You' followed it's success by taking the #1 position on the Finnish Singles Chart on release.
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:28 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby bxtreme » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:06 pm

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Dreamboy » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:37 am

well,i got into trance ever since i listened to the "before the storm" album back in 2000 ("burning" & "feel the beat" inspiring me the most).I know that his main style nowadays is different ,but still he manages to leave behind some inspiring tracks.
Also u can't compare him with tiesto.I mean tiesto is #1 and non-trancers even know that he's a top dj ,while some still have never heard of darude.
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby bxtreme » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:39 am

no.. ppl here know darude and dont know tiesto (non-trancers i mean)
bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Thirix » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:50 pm

ミ彡 Ďĵ Ť ђ ї ř ї ㄨ
䦂䦃䦅䦟䲡䲭䴔䴗䶮䦂--> smoke weed,fly high,get drunk,scott bond.
Thirix
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Deejiuana » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:29 am

Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby bxtreme » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:20 pm

bxtreme
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Deejiuana » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:28 pm

Yaaaah....Balare...lol...Meet her at the Love Parade. Man, in Dubai u made me download allllll MEET HER AT THE LOVE PARADE versions and i now have like 10 different versions they keep on playin everyonce in a while cuz i just play everythin in random order and everytime they come out i remember u..lol...
Anyway, well, u may still like to them cuz they werent overplayed like Sandstorm's....

"I can feel the beat, feel the beat, feel the beat, feel the beat. I can feel the beat, feel the beat, feel the beat. DUMDUMDUMDUMDUM" hehe
Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TRANCExual » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:58 pm

TRANCExual
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Deejiuana » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:04 pm

Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby samer » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:52 pm

well DARUDE could be called trance alright.. trance is not only what Tiesto and AvB plays you know.. they for example never play German Trance.. but German Trance is 100% official trance.. they were the 1st to introduce trance anyway.. but that's a diff. story..
i think the prob with DARUDE is that he wasnt at all creative.. he never tried anything else.. wasnt experimental like the big DJs.. they might've been criticized a lot (like tiesto and Ferry) but that kept them on top..

now as for Feel the beat.. i suggest you try the (JS 16 Dark Mix) oh my what a scary remix.. as for Meet Her At The Love Parade.. well i kinda got many remixes of this beauty.. one of the best House tunez ever made :)
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:00 pm

yea i remember the JS16 with that cutting bass sound and those tribal drums...as for MHATLP that tune never moved anythin in me though it was pretty big...just not a house fan myself...
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Roland » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:49 pm

Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Dreamboy » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:41 am

[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Next

Return to The Library