Harwick and J00F interview

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

Harwick and J00F interview

Postby Genesis » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:23 pm

Matt Hardwick

When was you first ever set at Crasher and who did you play with?
It was the opening night of the weekly club in Sheffield (the Arches). I think the line up included Mark Moore, Dave Seaman and Scott Bond. It was a great night and really started the ball rolling. So I can always say that played the opening record of the opening night...

What is you favourite moment at Crasher?
The millennium gig at the Don Valley stadium. It was such a huge gig and the production and atmosphere was second to none. I was playing to 28000 people with Sasha sat on his record box talking to the Chemical Brothers at one side of me, Paul Van Dyk and Paul Oakenfold the other side, Sonique on the mic, Tall Paul filming the whole thing and Judge Jules looking on... as a young DJ it was probably the most nervous I’ve ever been too!!!

What is the biggest tune for you at the moment?
Shadowlands - Untitled.

We hear that your in the studio quite regularly at the moment tell us about some of the music your making?
I’ve just completed a remix with Smith and Pledger for Somatic Sence. Its a track called In Essence by Activa and Aled Mann. I’m really pleased with the result. We are now working on the follow up to Connected which was our last single. In addition to this I’m also working on a side project which is a rework of one of my all time favourite vocalists - if it turns out as planned I think it could be massive (fingers crossed).

What is your favourite crasher anthem of all time?
The track which I have always been moved by when I have played it at Gatecrasher is Sasha - Expander... shivers down the spine guaranteed. Other than that - probably BT - Flaming June.

If you had a Saturday night free would you go to a club?
Yes - although I've not done it for ages.

Tell us something about you we don't already know?
I think everyone knows that I have a law degree but last year I
completed the LPC at the University of Westminster. This is the final stage of academic legal training which enables me to practice as a lawyer if one day I choose to go down that path.

What is the most number of sets you've playing in one night?
I guess three - but thats in different clubs. I think I once played three in one night at Gatecrasher on the fifth birthday when a couple of DJs couldnt make it.

Vinyl or Cd's?
CDs I’m afraid.

Marmite love it of hate it?
Hate it

J00f:

What can we expect from your set at N/ice?
Some ground breaking forward thinking trance.

What is your next release on Joof?
My 2nd single that I have made with M.I.K.E. Entitled ‘Dame Blanche’.

When did you play your first crasher set?
A long time ago!! I think it was 1998 alongside Mr Scott Bond.

What is your favourite tune at the minute?
I have too many to mention.

What genre of music do you listen to when relaxing and who is your
favourite artist?
I don’t listen to anything as I like to rest my ears. I constantly work with music so I need to get away from it!

Marmite, Love it or hate it?
Hate it.

What is the largest crowd you've played in front of?
Dance Valley in Holland, 80,000 people.

What is your favourite fast food establishment?
Any greasy café in the UK.

Do you follow a sports team and if so who?
I love motor sports and kick boxing

What is the most number of sets you have played in a night?
The millennium, I played 6!!!
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Return to The Library