tyDi

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

tyDi

Postby OBie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:31 pm

tyDi (born Tyson Illingworth on May 31, 1987) is an Australian DJ and producer. He is currently listed as Australia's #1 DJ, and #2 producer, according to the Sony inthemix Top 50 DJ Poll 2008

Biography

Introduced to dance music in his mid teens, it took only a few short months before tyDi had traded in his drum kit and bought his first set of turntables. By the time he was sixteen, he had won his first competition, Brisbane DJ Wars.

At the age of 17, tyDi moved from his hometown of Mooloolaba Beach on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, to the state's capital, Brisbane. There he began performing at premier nightclub The Family, who were so impressed with his skills, they made him a permanent resident in 2004.

Following his move to Brisbane, tyDi's touring schedule increased, with his music and style sparking the interest of promoters and peers alike. The young DJ was invited to play nightclubs and festivals across the country, including the famed Slinky and Godskitchen events. Throughout this time, tyDi also pursued a more traditional musical path, studying a Bachelor of Music Technology at the Queensland Conservatorium of Music.

In 2006, just two years after completing high school, tyDi competed in his first Sony inthemix Top 50 DJ Poll, and came in at #12. The following year, he placed at #4, before reaching the top spot in the 2008 competition.

2008 proved to be a big year for tyDi. Aside from his win in the Sony inthemix competition, he also received acclaim from fellow DJs around the world. His track 'Meet Me in Kyoto' was the first track to be signed to record label Armada and also featured on 'Amsterdam 08' by Markus Schulz. Schulz also featured tyDi's track Russia on his 'Ibiza 08' release.

That same year, tyDi was involved in the Queensland Government's anti-binge drinking campaign Every Drink Counts, producing the soundtrack for a series of hard-hitting advertisements. He also created the theme track for Sunshine Coast mixed-use luxury development Emporio and was involved in the music production of several yet to be released video games.

At the end of 2008, tyDi was invited by dance event giant ID&T to close Melbourne's Sensation NYE party. Following that performance in front of 42,000 fans, ID&T extended a further invitation for tyDi to play the Trance Energy festivals throughout Australia and Holland in 2009, the latter of which will see him share the Main Stage with trance heavyweights Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk and John O'Callaghan.

Discography

EPs

2008 Hide/Closer Than my Breath (AVA Recordings)

2007 Never Seems So/Starcrossed (Trancetribe Recordings)

Singles

2009 Is it Cold? (Armada)

2008 MinD Games (Mazeman)
Russia (Armada)
Fool (Armada)
Under the Stars (Armada)
Kopi Susu (Armada)
Meet Me in Kyoto (Armada)

Remixes

2009 Adam K & Soha - Long Distance (Generationext) / Yamin feat. Marcie - Forward Motion (Motion Music)

2008 D:Folt - I Come Running (Armada)

2007 Andy Hunter feat. Christine Glass - Amazing (EMI)

OBie
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Ali N » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 pm

I was told he played such a great set at Trance Energy. The future seems bright for this dude!
"Don't Be A Prisoner Of You're Own Style" -Armin Van Buuren
Ali N
New Trancer
New Trancer

Return to The Library