[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Biography: Ladytron

Biography: Ladytron

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

Biography: Ladytron

Postby A-Cube » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:28 pm

[align=center]Image[/align]

Four identical figures stand on stage, blasting out edgy pop anthems with Teutonic flair and twisted outlook. This is Ladytron – a quartet composed of Helen Marnie, Daniel Hunt, Reuben Wu, and Mira Aroyo. They've taken the UK by storm, toured extensively throughout Europe, and are now prepared to bring their sound stateside with Light & Magic, their newest release on Emperor Norton Records. Forming by chance through meetings in bars and parks, they set out in an unusual way, ignoring London to play their debut show in a Paris bowling alley, and releasing their debut single, "He Took Her to a Movie," in mid-1999. Strange European dates followed in temporary spaces in east Berlin and to frenzied electrokids in Barcelona, slowly building a reputation as one of the most interesting new acts around, for lovers of the sounds and the songs alike. This skewed approach to crafting pop music has rewarded the group with overwhelming critical acclaim. Ladytron's UK debut single, "He Took Her To A Movie," was recorded for literally nothing. It was quickly picked up by British national radio, MTV2, and championed by the NME and other English magazines like Select, Melody Maker, and Sleaze Nation calling Ladytron "the most exciting new English band in years, by a long way."

Their summer 2000 "Playgirl" single went even further, pre-empting the nascent electro movement, and drawing acclaim from the likes of Felix Da Housecat, who says Ladytron were a major influence on his hugely popular Kittenz and Thee Glitz album. As diverse as their nationalities and backgrounds may be – Mira (Sofia), Helen (Glasgow), Daniel and Reuben (Liverpool via Hong Kong) – the musical influences of Ladytron are possibly even more so. A listen to the tracks "Playgirl" from 2001’s critically lauded debut full-length, 604 and "Commodore Rock," from the summer of 2000’s EP of the same name, calls to mind electro, but at the same time, suggests a pop instinct and the melodic inspiration of Lee Hazelwood or Francoise Hardy.

The new material goes further: Joy Division, My Bloody Valentine, early Massive Attack, and even low-fi takes on Chicago house get thrown in the dish, together with the more obvious sources from the likes of Blondie or Young Marble Giants. Light & Magic’s "Seventeen" is Ladytron in concentrated form, featuring everything that made them right all along, whereas "CrackedLCD," a standout track, sounds quite unlike anything out there.

With the coolly aloof vocal stylings of Helen and Mira complementing the edgy electronic programming, it's hard to determine if this is the music of tomorrow or yesterday. Regardless, Ladytron's sound is proof that electro isn't necessarily synonymous with retro, and that sometimes it is possible to have the best of both worlds – especially live, where the band is developing, sometimes manifesting itself as a full-on electrorock assault, and at other times exploring more compact, edgy set-up. The foursome continues to shake up perceptions in the worlds of pop and electronic music. The new album, Light & Magic goes further still – beyond expectations, and in unexpected, refreshing directions.

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:54 pm

:twisted:
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Genesis » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:33 pm

OMG! EMO!!! Burn them!!!

:p
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby samlbronkowitz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:17 pm

love these guys--even without /before Sasha's remixes
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:09 pm

You do realize Saleem that they have more than that one song you're madly in love with?? :P

Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:13 pm

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby A-Cube » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:54 pm

course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Selfish » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:22 am

Party Hard, Party Smart! :rr:
Selfish
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby rob » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Anywone who use to play Need For Speed, must know Ladytron - "Ghosts", got hooked on that song for a while...
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby jubronx » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:31 pm

And anyone playing FIFA 09 must know Ladytron-runaway, and what a great remix from james zabiella... Ladytron-Runaway (James zabiella's red eye remix) bow!!!
''Euphonic'' Respect
jubronx
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:35 pm

course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby jubronx » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:39 pm

''Euphonic'' Respect
jubronx
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Raneem » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:34 pm

meh
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:46 pm

The Zabiela remix is AWESOME !

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Return to The Library